Whats In The Glass (commercial)

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tried that last night actually, very impressed! I saved the SN Torpedo for after it, a mistake in hindsight (torpedo was still very good)

And its finally made its way to Tas. I'm not a big IPA man but its a solid drop, especially for the price. Rolling a few over while planting the tomatoes out, the 6'er may vanish but I've got tomorrow off..............

jlm said:
And its finally made its way to Tas. I'm not a big IPA man but its a solid drop, especially for the price. Rolling a few over while planting the tomatoes out, the 6'er may vanish but I've got tomorrow off..............
You might need it, I always pull up a bit dusty after a session of Big Eyes, not sure why, rarely have that issue with other IPAs, maybe I just drink too many of them.

Fairly unexciting few days (all things considered) as I am in the middle of nowhere.

AleSmith - Speedyway Stout (very nice bit a touch too much coffee for me)
Golden Road - Better Weather IPA (smells great but drinks okay. If it came from my brewery I suppose I would't start slashing up but pretty gutted to be drinking it here though)
Boatswain - Chocolate Stout (not a great beer but probably the best tallie I ever got for $2. Nice enough roasty choc thing going on, kinda ordinary-ish)
Hangar 24 - Columbus IPA (Smells great but taste is something of a let down. Small amount of resiny-goodness saves it. Accidenitally bought two - little annoyed)
AleSmith IPA - Light aroma for styel but what is there indicates a delish beer, some dankess, some stonefruit. Beer is not delish. Bitterness seems sour somehow - can't explain it properly. Fucked.)
Stone - Arrogant ******* Ale (Had it at home before but decided to give a fresh bottle a go. Roast is way out of balance. Signature rough bittering.)
Boatswain - American IPA (American bottle of shit)
Rodenbach- Grand Cru (Two 750ml bottles for under $20 total. NBD.)
Sierra Nevada - Celebration 2013 (Had it local a few times now and always rated it below pretty much everyone else. It is low on on hop/malt aroma/flavour compared to similar local beers but I'm coming around to it purely as an example of amazing bitterness)

[EDIT: celebrating Thanksgiving with the Celebrations a little too hard)

mje1980 said:
I really enjoyed the gold in pt Douglas when I was there. I'd rather real ale but fat chance of that becoming available haha. Anyway I found it was quite drinkable and very clean but with enough flavour to be good enough to have a few. I found I could drink a few with zero issues the next day.

Big push down here by xxxx, seems to be in most pubs n clubs.
The XXXX Gold is, I believe, derived from the XXXX heavy by reducing the sugar in the brew, it could even be all malt. They use Golden Cluster hop flowers. The "heavy" is a very nice drop indeed served off the wooden barrel as it's not pasteurised and served on gravity. Could sink a few of those.

Bribie G said:
The XXXX Gold is, I believe, derived from the XXXX heavy by reducing the sugar in the brew, it could even be all malt. They use Golden Cluster hop flowers. The "heavy" is a very nice drop indeed served off the wooden barrel as it's not pasteurised and served on gravity. Could sink a few of those.
I'm a fan of XXXX off the wooden keg. its just another dimension from the norm.

_WALLACE_ said:
I'm a fan of XXXX off the wooden keg. its just another dimension from the norm.
They have it at the Brekky Creek. Totally agree the wooden cask adds a lot.

Liam_snorkel said:
I enjoy how he managed to find something disappointing about every beer.
He's just trying to make us feel better about missing out.

goomboogo said:
He's just trying to make us feel better about missing out.
I assure you that this is not my motivation.

Heading out to Firestone Walker in a few.

bbl

I heard firestone walker is where they get all the taint chemicals for aroxa and siebel.

I heard firestone walker is where they make budwieser.

I heard firestone walker is run by a witch who keeps a magic tiger in a cage who eats you from the inside out, starting at the toes.

Firestone walker and the beer factory. Which one would bum be? Augustus gloop?? :). We're all jealous, admit it

Good beer, really refreshing, only issue is the saison yeast isn't as pronounced as I expected.

1385785154042.jpg

Chicken was counted before it hatched. My ride bent me over a little and made me miss it for no real reason (twice, I think).

Why are other people so complicated? I just want beer. It's not that hard.

Latest posts

Back