Whats In The Glass (commercial)

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
image.jpgimage.jpg

liam this a freakin nice beer .

COMMERCIAL DESCRIPTION
Hunter S. Thompson once said, "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Consider this our professional version of Gonzo Imperial Porter. Aged and seasoned for three months in wood barrels from our neighbors at Stranahan’s Colorado Whiskey, this ale has a well-balanced taste and abundance of character. The taste will remind you of sweet chocolate, dry oak, and smooth whiskey with a memorable, velvety mouthfeel.

flying dog GONZO barrell aged imperial porter 9.5%

I have been gonzo'd! I don't think I will ever be the same :blink:

up there with the best beers I have ever tried , velvety mouthfeel is an understatement, smoother than silk and really nice mellow flavours , lil sourness , bit like a rodenbach cru . the whiskey really comes through all the way , from aroma, taste and in the back of the throat creeping back round the sinus , but subtle and not over powering at all , could dribble on about this all night ...... :icon_drool2:

Liam_snorkel said:
No pic but I had a couple of 4 Pines Keller door el dorado IPAs for lunch today. Lovely beer. Deep amber, solid bitterness and plenty of body.. And of course packed with hop flavour and aroma - my first experience of el dorado hops an I loved it. Kind of like honey dew melon with bit of other things going on but that was the prominent flavour
Your supposed to be working and studying you homo!

Liam_snorkel said:
Every time I see a notification that you've posted in this thread I get a little thrill. Cheers!
Read above post!

manticle said:
Any reason for the seaweed or is it a marketing gimmick?
They go diving for their own instead of buying packaged Irish Moss.

So yes, a marketing ploy. Melbourne beers would have high range woodland mists, with hints of fern, and a slight aroma of possum feces

@ Nick R, I think I agree with bum on that one, the balance was hardly a shadow of what the northern hemisphere was about, that beer was a real slow swigging malty punch your face and nurse it with a bottle of yummy hobo juice by the river on a park bench, passing it around, the southern was just meh.

I'll have to get more experience in using american us hops, I've mostly used kiwi grown us hops. Lets just say that the hop character I get is quite different to the character in torpedo or snpa. With kiwi grown hops I tend to get a fruitiness that flavours the malt sweetness. I've noticed a more one dimentional bitterness in American beers, usually. I must say the southern harvest kind of managed to do that with kiwi hops, IMO, not the best utilisation of their character.

northside novice said:
attachicon.gif
image.jpg
Petrus aged pale 7.3%
Nice lil funky palate cleanser
Where do you get these ******* things from?

P.S. Get rid of that avatar its freaking me out!

northside novice said:
attachicon.gif
image.jpg
attachicon.gif
image.jpg

liam this a freakin nice beer .

COMMERCIAL DESCRIPTION
Hunter S. Thompson once said, "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Consider this our professional version of Gonzo Imperial Porter. Aged and seasoned for three months in wood barrels from our neighbors at Stranahan’s Colorado Whiskey, this ale has a well-balanced taste and abundance of character. The taste will remind you of sweet chocolate, dry oak, and smooth whiskey with a memorable, velvety mouthfeel.

flying dog GONZO barrell aged imperial porter 9.5%

I have been gonzo'd! I don't think I will ever be the same :blink:

up there with the best beers I have ever tried , velvety mouthfeel is an understatement, smoother than silk and really nice mellow flavours , lil sourness , bit like a rodenbach cru . the whiskey really comes through all the way , from aroma, taste and in the back of the throat creeping back round the sinus , but subtle and not over powering at all , could dribble on about this all night ...... :icon_drool2:
Where from. A hst beer with Ralph Steadman art?

I need this in my life

image.jpg

After the gonzo this , unfortunately , tastes like a tooheys old :(
No that's a bit harsh , Has a nice roasty aroma wit a tad of sourness maybe ?
Will give this another go on another night befor I have gang raped my palate with better brews , sorry Murray :(

Edit : as it warms it seems to be getting thicker , think I opened it while it was too cold .
Hmm yes , wow , lots of flavours coming out now , it is becoming a bit of a beast

This ones for you Rowy .

DuPont 8.5%
Smells like a bees butt , small n sweet but wit a stung if only left alone . Sticky n sour pleasure n a lovely balanced ale to excite n inspire all that is malt n yeast image.jpg

Had the Pale Ale and Porter tonight but they had run out of the All day IPA so will need to track it down from the reviews ive read.

Bizier said:
attachicon.gif
20130803_193557.jpg
Damn that Founders All Day IPA is delicious.
I thought it was pretty good,
lots of negative spin from beer avocate etc, about how old it is, and say in warehouses as importer screwed up labels
but I look lookforward to a fresher batch for summer

Latest posts

Back