Whats In The Glass (commercial)

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Didn't get around to brewing tonight so to appease the beer gods ,
I will offer up suitable sacrifices 'Under the banner of

"Belgium night ".

Oh baby it's Belgium night ; oh what a night ,

St sebastiaan dark 6.9% image.jpg

northside novice said:
Didn't get around to brewing tonight so to appease the beer gods , I will offer up suitable sacrifices
'Under the banner of " Belgium night ". Oh baby it's Belgium night ; oh what a night ,
attachicon.gif
image.jpg

St sebastiaan dark 6.9%
*******! You said you wouldn't tease us tonight :p

Gulden draak quad 10.5% image.jpg
Oh mumma , reminds me of Trappist ales , "strong Belgian amber blonde " !
Belgium oh Belgium

image.jpg

This is my struggling southside version of northside novice's usual posts. Dropped into archive this arvo and was lucky enough to bump into holgate's man up here (didn't catch his name). He was very generous tho, giving my mate and I tastings of the hopinator & nut brown ale as well as a few tips on how to perfect my favourite clone; road trip.

Individual tastings to hopefully follow but I'm on the phone and its not so easy after nice brews as these.

Proffs said:
attachicon.gif
image.jpg

This is my struggling southside version of northside novice's usual posts. Dropped into archive this arvo and was lucky enough to bump into holgate's man up here (didn't catch his name). He was very generous tho, giving my mate and I tastings of the hopinator & nut brown ale as well as a few tips on how to perfect my favourite clone; road trip.

Individual tastings to hopefully follow but I'm on the phone and its not so easy after nice brews as these.
Southside for life homie. Keen for your feedback on the Bling Bling IPA. Had one on tap the other day and loved it. Could have been Dan from holgate.

image.jpg

This was ok. I had high hopes for it from what I've seen on YouTube. But I think I'm giving up on "west coast US IPA's". What's with all the pine!? I love chinook but far out......

Next was this lil beauty. Holy crap! Blew me away. Every mouthful felt like I was chewing on hop flowers. Or drinking the most exquisite bong water from the billy of Thor himself. Delicious. And probably the main reason why I'm gonna regret this post tomoro.image.jpg

please crack the middle one :wub:
bling bling is very very nice nice ...had to try a bling to compare and found it to be very nice , bridge road is my fav aus brewery atm.

you got daylight savings over that side proffs :ph34r:

image.jpg

Next was the kooinda black IPA. I'd heard a lot about this beer and to be honest; this particular bottle was disappointing. No real hop aroma; or flavour. Just the standard watered down coffee flavour I've always got from average dark beers.

Proffs said:
Next was this lil beauty. Holy crap! Blew me away. Every mouthful felt like I was chewing on hop flowers. Or drinking the most exquisite bong water from the billy of Thor himself. Delicious. And probably the main reason why I'm gonna regret this post tomoro.
attachicon.gif
image.jpg
I sent them an email asking about the hop combo and the reply I got was that it was a complex combination of cluster and cascade.

image.jpg

This guy was next. While I bathed my daughter. I enjoyed it more than the kooinda. The hop presence was much stronger but once it warmed up there was a real strong alcohol, winey taste that I didn't expect. Seemed a lot better balance than the kooinda. I had also got the acoustic guitar out by this stage so your results may vary from here on in.

lukiferj said:
I sent them an email asking about the hop combo and the reply I got was that it was a complex combination of cluster and cascade.
Cluster and cascade!? I wouldn't have guessed that. I would have thought mosaic was there for sure. If it is just those two it would have to be a hell of a lot of it.

Absolutely banana central.
12% Eisbock, limited bottle filling.

will grab a few bottles to bring back to Brissie for tastings.
also saw a Schneider Weisse 'Mein Nelson Sauvign' which I might grab.

DSC_5560.JPG

Flo German club had both in stock a few week ago , only 3 nelson a but at least 10 bocks ,
Just thinking of the bagged weight if that helps :)
Am quite jealousy of you too !

Florian said:
Absolutely banana central.
12% Eisbock, limited bottle filling.

will grab a few bottles to bring back to Brissie for tastings.
also saw a Schneider Weisse 'Mein Nelson Sauvign' which I might grab.

attachicon.gif
DSC_5560.JPG
Do it maaate.
Hmm, just saw NN's comment, buy some 8 wired instead

Proffs said:
attachicon.gif
image.jpg
Got all these from First Choice! They're picking their game up. :)
Which shop? The First Choice at Maroochydore has a terrible selection. So many times I've gone in there and walked out empty handed.

Cheers northside, but from what I heard that bottle shop closed down a while back. I will double check though, it was only a few hours ago that me and the misses were talking about how we hadn't been to the bulcock street markets for a while...

Back