Whats In The Glass (commercial)

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bizier said:
attachicon.gif
20130803_193557.jpg
Damn that Founders All Day IPA is delicious.
Damn straight. Best beer of the weekend for me.

Just drinking a pint of freshly tapped Bridge Road Bling Bling double IPA at the Embassy. Piney, resiny deliciousness. Could easily smash a few of these. Better get home and tap my keg of Happy IPA Day IIPA that wasn't quite ready on the actual IPA day. Stupid US05 and stupid winter :)

I noticed that the Warren View hotel in Newtown, Sydney had a sign up sayin the James squire Hop thief was back on tap there for a limited time. I missed out on it last time it was released.
Anyone tried it?

Byran said:
I noticed that the Warren View hotel in Newtown, Sydney had a sign up sayin the James squire Hop thief was back on tap there for a limited time. I missed out on it last time it was released.
Anyone tried it?
Sucking a few back tonight at the pub in my hotel in canberra.
Nice drop
Not very sessionable though with a fair bit of cara/crystal.
Solid hop aroma full of Citra and centennial?

Rogue Yellow Snow IPA at Beer Deluxe, Hawthorn.

Jeez, I don't know the IBUs in this, but it has a kick! A bit too much IMO. Seems a bit unbalanced.
Lots of grapefuit...in fact it's like drinking a grapefruit...as well as some peachy hints.
Nice hazy yellowy orange colour, hence the name I suppose.

It blew the easy drinking Thornbridge Chiron Pale I tried first out of the water.

I know Rogue is a very well regarded brewery, and I've had (and loved) a few of their other brews, this was quite harsh. I love IPAs, but balance is important.

Danwood said:
Rogue Yellow Snow IPA at Beer Deluxe, Hawthorn.

Jeez, I don't know the IBUs in this, but it has a kick! A bit too much IMO. Seems a bit unbalanced.
Lots of grapefuit...in fact it's like drinking a grapefruit...as well as some peachy hints.
Nice hazy yellowy orange colour, hence the name I suppose.

It blew the easy drinking Thornbridge Chiron Pale I tried first out of the water.

I know Rogue is a very well regarded brewery, and I've had (and loved) a few of their other brews, this was quite harsh. I love IPAs, but balance is important.
I found the same thing............WAYYYYY too much grapefruit. I guess if people like grapefruit (as many American's mysteriously do?) they should try it.

I tried grapefruit when I was a kid, tasted like spew.

Starting off lightly with a classic, after sampling a heap of OZ and NZ home brews.

DSC_5537.JPG

That was a while ago, drinking Tawny at the moment. Waiting for the highlight later on.

DSC_5538.JPG

Liam_snorkel said:
Todays haul. Left to right, or right to left?

Well, the scientific solution is to go to the bottle shop, buy one more of each beer then experiment. Drink them right to left, then go back and drink them left to right and tell us which you enjoyed more!

^ Sometimes the solution to a problem is staring you in the face.

I decided to start with the nail ale and reassess afterwards

Or if you want an unbiased view, have someone you know drink them for you :) And then go and buy them again on their recommendations.

Liam_snorkel said:
Todays haul. Left to right, or right to left?
Brisbane Brewhouse haul? That Nail PA is out of place.......it's pretty bland I thought.

Yeah chunky Brewhouse. I think it's intended to be pretty bland. I had it first up immediately after a glass of coopers pale clone and it was along the same lines with a bit less yeast flavour going on. Pleasant enough.

Currently pickling my taste buds with piney resinous west coast IPA.

Latest posts

Back