Whats In The Glass (commercial)

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yeah thats why i asked.

wasnt sure if the kiwis could do a good brew

yeah thats why i asked.

wasnt sure if the kiwis could do a good brew

They most certainly can. Epic, Emersons, 8 Wired, Yeastie Boys, Macs, Croucher, Ben Middlemiss, Renaissance.... All good/great breweries!

Is stienlager quite nice? it will be the next one i get.

Hey Fish go for the Steinlager Pure....it is much better than standard Steinlager....and IMO a reasonable drop,
certainly better than most lagers offered up by other brewers. On par with and better than most German lagers.

Lately I have been blessed with many great (and mainly local NZ) brews B)
I have had the NZ Craft Beer TV Mash Up collab beer, the Tuatara APA (Aotearoa Pale Ale), 8 wired Tall Poppy, Hop Zombie, Tuatara pilsner, Croucher Pilsner and Epic Larger (not Lager) and Epic(urian) Coffee & Fig Oatmeal Stout. I don't usually rate dark beers but have been converted due to Yeastie boys Pot Kettle Black, Croucher Patriot, Tuatara London Porter, Stoke Dark and now Epicurian Stout has topped it off. I must get more as I think this is a one off batch! Soooo Tasty :icon_drool2:

Cheers All! :party:

New Zealand is getting a great name for themselves internationally for great beer too. Epic and 8 Wired will be represented at the Copenhagen Beer Festival this year, and only the best get invited to that!

Australia is international too.

Had a few Gemans the other night...

Always impressed with this one... Weihenstephaner Kristall

also had the Erdinger Kristall... not nearly as good

WeinKristal1.jpg

Followed it with the Weihenstephaner Weissbier

Gotta say i preferred the Kristall

IMG_1446.JPG

Fullers 1845

Best before date April 2011. :icon_cheers:

Really showing signs of an old ale now with loads of dried fruits (raisins, prunes) with a hint of sherry. Lovely malt character, slightly nutty.

Served straight out of the spare room at 20C. Possibly a tad warm but very nice.

I really should drag an old ale to the top of the to brew list so i can put it down for a few years. These beers age so well.

Fullers1845.jpg

Epic mayhem.

I get a bit tired of the fact that just about every microbrewery's new offering is an apa or nz apa thingamy (who doesn't like variety and creativity?) but if they were all as good as this, I'd mind less.

Great beer.

Epic mayhem.

I get a bit tired of the fact that just about every microbrewery's new offering is an apa or nz apa thingamy (who doesn't like variety and creativity?) but if they were all as good as this, I'd mind less.

Great beer.

I agree, but I can see why. They sell pretty well compared to some of the more interesting styles, they don't need any particularly difficult mashing or fermenting procedures, the ingredients are pretty straight forward and they can be sold as quick as they can be bottled assuming they are not bottle conditioned. They can be pretty forgiving to brew as well.

spruce_1.JPG

The label tells me this beer is based on Captain Cooks recipe as brewed in 1773 at Dusky Sound New Zealand. Apparently using Spruce and Tea Tree.

I'm loving this beer, any others BM members tried it yet?.

Batz

just got back from moody cow after getting my bag limit of marron. very nice pale ale and there gruntas original ale is very nice.

Received a mixed six-pack for Christmas from my sister-in-law.

Had one a night on a camping trip last week:

Moo pilsner - pretty good, hopped with spalt, not traditional, but good all the same... I would drink this again, despite the label.

Red Hill Christmas ale - the best of the lot, well balanced, a real treat. 8.2% - not my cup of tea, but did not taste at all like a high alcohol brew. Felt like one though...

Bootleg Brewery Raging Bull - unlike the previous brew, tasted like a high alcohol brew, 7 point something. Not for me.

Kooinda Pale Ale - good APA. Nice drop.

Lobethal Bierhaus IPA - hoppy, as you would expect. Not too bad.

3 Ravens White - reasonable, though I could not taste the citrus and coriander. Jaded taste buds perhaps. Best label.

Latest posts

Back