Whats In The Glass (commercial)

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got a growler of Icon IPA from murrays and been drinking my IPA plus had the taster tray at murrays for lunch, some how I am still awake since had 12 hours sleep in the last 4 days lol

First thing in 2012 (NZ time): Moa imperial stout and ice cream.

IMG_20111231_211356.jpg

just tried lord nelson pale ale. bleh not very nice but i did pick up the last 4 torpedo's in Bunbury today

Happy New years people.
all alone this newyears as the missus works and i cant be arsed to hit the streets and deal with
newyear.jpg

so i thought i would pull a few from the cellar this evening to enjoy.

oude beersel-oude geuze vielle
228_800x597.jpg
just finishing now and im wishing i let it sit to get warmer then 8deg . first sips where a bit metalic and very dusty with a backing of sourness but now im getting all this lovely upfront lemon sour tartness and am sad to see the bottom of the glass.

later on will be

great divide brewing-belgian style yeti
yeti.jpg
rated quite strong on the net so really looking forward to this one.

been tasting some very lovely drops all month and am too lazy to picture and post so heres some empty bottles :p
mix.jpg

nogne o- spiced christmas beer with hints of swedish glog(sweet warm winter beverage) coming through.
corsendonk christmas and gouden carolous- both very lovely belgian strongs not christmas spiced but very toffee like and lovely over xmas.
Djvlebryg Old Mephisto- believe this bottle is from '08' this is the best barley wine ive ever had. not saying best out there but best ive tasted personally
rodenbach grand cru - lovely mixed sour beer aged in oak vats kinda reminds me of red wine meets sour beer
lvisholt Jlabjr smoked bock- wow my first icelandic beer wasnt expecting it at the price ($4) but very nice not over the top smokey like most others imo
north coast brother theolonious belgian style abbey ale- nice american take on a belgian definately worth picking up if seen.

found some more photos of a few nice beers so while im at it
anchor.jpg
very nice winter warmer quite different with a bit of piney taste coming through.

arrogant.jpg
terrible photo but the beer even though i paid close to ($20) was worth every penny. this brewery has every right to be arrogant.

svart_ipa.jpg
way too overpowering for me at this age. only bottled last july. will be interseting to taste in a years time when the heat and hops settle in abit.

niece.jpg
quite a nice drop i dont think theres any belgian beers out there i wont rate

meantime.jpg
great red from an award winning english brewery. although i think the u.s hops is what makes it shine.

IMG_0283.JPG
been having quite a few of these what a great wheat beer! ive managed to harvest the yeast from this beer and have a dunkelweizen planned for the coming weeks

No picture unfortunately , Nogne O Saison. Awesome beer, now i know what all the saison fuss was about on the forum.

Cracked this one on Christmas day, not a fan but very interesting experience

fc4dd9d5.jpg

Captain Lawrence Cuvee de Castleton

Kept in fridge since sept/oct last year when I visited the brewery.
Awesomely funky/bretty acidic, fruity and dry, some smoother yeasty/oaky tones to balance it out. Great beer.

I had this last night, was great, smooth and caramelly and bacony. Brother in law nailed it with ' honey baked ham' kettle chips.

The Capt Lawrence is hen's teeth, especially as it was not even available, and the brewer gave it to me from his private stash (thank you Scott), but the Schenkerla is a recent item from Phoenix, so you should be able to get it if you want. The travesty was that I had to neck 2/3rds of it because I was being kicked out of the GF's sister's place, a waste in two senses of the word.

Currently enjoying this. seems celebrations is getting some nice beers in.

Is stienlager quite nice? it will be the next one i get.

It is a fairly smooth stout. was a bit Coopers BES to it then it mellowed out.

DSCN9980.JPG

Currently enjoying this. seems celebrations is getting some nice beers in.

Is stienlager quite nice? it will be the next one i get.

It is a fairly smooth stout. was a bit Coopers BES to it then it mellowed out.

This beer made me get into stouts! Also inspired me to make one which turned out awesome :D

weihenstephaner pilsner - beautiful :icon_drool2:

photo_1.JPG

quadrupel..... not sure if this is for me.... 10% abv, very warm & strong which is overpowering...

photo_2.JPG

Latest posts

Back