Whats In The Glass (commercial)

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great looking labels on those Malted.
Have seen the hobgoblin and the wychcraft locally, but in a bottle shop that, although they sell imports, don't appear to look after them very well. ie: slow turnover and not even kept in the 'fridge.

Mikkeller Ris a la M'ale. Hmm... not much to say about this one - either good or bad..

IMG_1989.JPG

And all of these fine beers were purchased in the United Arab Emirates. Don't believe anyone who says you can't drink over here.

From the labels:
Goliath - Pale & Crystal malts, Fuggles and Goldings
Scarecrow - English barley & Target
King Goblin - Crystal malts & Sovereign hops, only brewed on a full moon

Haven't tried the blonde yet.
Goliath was good but was expecting more of the other two. I have had Hobgoblin before but I will do a side by side with another Hobgoblin & King Goblin.

Whats in the background???

Whats in the background???

Just some of the other beers I bought. A few double ups and lots of other interesting English beers! It's a pain in the butt posting pics from here (on my sister's computer) so will post more when I get back to Australia.

I did a side by side with the King Goblin and Hobgoblin last night. I was expecting the king to be the same malts and hops but stronger - I don't think this is the case; they are quite different. The king is even a slightly paler colour and certainly has less of a hint of roast that the Hobgoblin has. I think I prefer the Hobgoblin to the King Goblin.

The Wychcraft Blonde was very nice, had a terrific mouthfeel and would certainly be one you could drink lots of on a warm day.

I know i should be shot for not trying this beer sooner.......
WP_000087.jpg
Oh my god, this beer, oh my god...

Got a pair of these in a previous BM pack and put them away. They say it will keep for up to 25 years! I don't think I can save the other one for that long though. Yum....

OudBeersalOuldeKriek.jpg

Yes, it really is red, with a pink head.
Oud Beersal Oulde Kriek.
Lambic. Sour. Fizzy. De-*******-licious.
If you didn't know it was beer you'd think it was some kind of fancy wancy sparkling red wine.
It was hot here today (By Tassie standards anyway - 27c) and this was really refreshing.

kooinda-black-ipa.jpg

Opened my beer pack early and chose 1 beer.. good choice..

No pics because this thing was just too damn tasty. NS might be my new favourite hop wow!!

Xmasbrekky.jpg

Last time I had beer for breakfast was probably over 10 years ago, and it was just beer. No ham, bacon, eggs, toast.
This is much nicer. I think the beer would be good later in the day as well, but sure a good way to start christmas morning. :)

I know i should be shot for not trying this beer sooner.......
View attachment 51243
Oh my god, this beer, oh my god...

Probably the beer I buy the most of, truly amazing what you can do with 1 malt, 1 hop and all in a single addition. The best argument I have ever seen for applying the KISS principle to brewing.
Mark

Had a go at these the other day:

This was a very enjoyable Weissebier. Dark buiskety malt and subtle clove. No bananna but the bottles are tops to keep too :)

Sternweisse.jpg

This Renaissance MPA IIPA was a big beer! I wouldnt buy it again though. The hops were a tad dusty and it had far too much chewy malt in there to let the hops shine as they should.

My youngest daughter (5) walked into the garage while i was sipping on it and said...... Dad..... what smells like fish? I can smell fish!

RenaissanceMPAIIPA.jpg

This one was very nice! Adnams Innovation. It was aboout 6.7% i think and had a great ballance between hops and malt. Both were big with a nice mild sweet cheyness on the malt side and some great floral hops to ballance.

Very nice!

AdnamsInnovation.jpg

IMG_0714.jpg
Nothing in glasses.

That Nogne O #100. Wow. Incredibly complex flavour, couldn't even begin to conjure up a way to make it!

Epic. Nuff said.

La Trappe, 1st two from a 4-pack with glass. Quad was like metho!

IMG_0710.jpg

Yum. Keen to make a Saison, Bullshead is on the to-do list once the weather heats up. This could do with more tartness and dryness. Wasn't nearly as quenching as I thought it would be.

Haandbic

I'm loving this half litre of sour beer.
Fruity, funky, a malt profile, not in your face acidity, but loads of funk, yet balanced. My only complaint is that it seems slightly thin if anything. And at over 7%, how could it be thin?

I could have this on tap quite happily.

2011_12_26_21.43.35.jpg

Got a pair of these in a previous BM pack and put them away. They say it will keep for up to 25 years! I don't think I can save the other one for that long though. Yum....

OudBeersalOuldeKriek.jpg

Yes, it really is red, with a pink head.
Oud Beersal Oulde Kriek.
Lambic. Sour. Fizzy. De-*******-licious.
If you didn't know it was beer you'd think it was some kind of fancy wancy sparkling red wine.
It was hot here today (By Tassie standards anyway - 27c) and this was really refreshing.
Amazing beer from an amazing brewer! Oud Beersal and Hanssans both brew beautifully funky lambic, much less acidic as Cantillon but more interesting and complex.

Yukon Red Ale

A malt driven ale, some caramel/toffee with a hint of citrus/spice. Dry finish with a lingering bitterness.

1st of 3 Canadian beers my sister in law brought back with her for me for xmas. She never has any idea what to buy me so always buys beer. I think she knows. I'm looking forward to the birch ale.... :huh:

YukonRed.jpg

Shit photo, I was trying to be fancy and get the Tamar River in my new back yard into the shot. And failed miserably. Anyway, 8 Wired's Saison Sauvin. I really liked this beer, they've wrangled what I'm assuming is the dupont yeast quite well, really got that "sea air" ester happening. And as its name implies quite heavily hopped with NS. This and Murray's Punk Monk have got me inspired to brew some slightly too bitter for style, kiwi hopped Belgian inspired dangerously quaffable ales on the go.IMG_0015.JPG

I had a sierra nevada torpedo and now I'm on to a punk IPA both very nice and have put me in the mood to brew, so Im brewing my galaxy APA tonight :)

Back