Whats In The Glass (commercial)

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WellsBananaBreadBeer.jpg

Different.
Have had banana flavours in beer before, esp. wheat beers, but thats been from the yeast. This stuff has actual banana and banana extract in it. The first taste is all barney banana, but after a few mouthfuls it becomes more balanced, although the banana remain prominent throughout.
Quite a nice beer, but I won't be bananaing my fermenters any time soon.

Warm here today, and my fu%#@ng CO2 cylinder isn't back yet, so I "had to" go to my local, where I grabbed some beers to try.

First was
SierraNevadaKellerweis.jpg

As with all the SN beers I've tried it was good. As expected for the style it was a hazy golden colour with banana and some clove flavours. Yum.

Now I'm drinking
8WiredSaisonSauvin.jpg

Delicious! Haven't had a bad 8wired yet and this is no exception. A complex blend of malty, hoppy tastes with something extra from the yeast. Mmmm.

Warm here today, and my fu%#@ng CO2 cylinder isn't back yet, so I "had to" go to my local, where I grabbed some beers to try.

First was

As with all the SN beers I've tried it was good. As expected for the style it was a hazy golden colour with banana and some clove flavours. Yum.

Now I'm drinking
8WiredSaisonSauvin.jpg

Delicious! Haven't had a bad 8wired yet and this is no exception. A complex blend of malty, hoppy tastes with something extra from the yeast. Mmmm.
That Saison Sauvin is outstanding....I'll have to stock up seeing as there's some competition for Crown's stock.

Had this beer with an excellent cheese platter at the Scratch Bar, Milton
Absolutely lovely.
India Saison, collaboration beer between Bridge Rd and Ngne
Lots of clean malt, some fruity hops and spicy character in there.
Really enjoyed this beer.

View attachment 51737

Hmmm, must get one next visit :icon_cheers:

20012012439.jpg

20012012444.jpg

got the Erdinger to do a side by side of my Dunkel, mine's not an Erdinger and needs more choc malt..

Yard

First was

I gotta say I'm a big fan of the SN brand also. But I've got five of these left in the fridge after tipping half of the first one down the sink.
I really should just accept the fact that wheats aren't my thing I guess, but it's beer, so I persist..

Has anybody ever not had a ******* gusher from Murray's?

I've tried at least 3 separate beers from them and they've all gushed. And I don't subscribe to the poor handling bullshit. Each time I've had Murray's it's been from reputable outlets.

Openes the bottle to spurting foam, knew it was fucked, but poured less than half the 330ml bottle into a schooner glass and had to stop as it surged overthr rim. Had a look again at the bottom of the bottle and it was coated in black shit.

I am less than pleased... Also no best before date stamped on the bottle or recognisable batch markings.

7083d342.jpg

bfcfeb5e.jpg

Edit: quick search of word Murray's and gusher turns up a heap of results... Surprise, surprise.

I've tried at least 3 separate beers from them and they've all gushed. And I don't subscribe to the poor handling bullshit. Each time I've had Murray's it's been from reputable outlets.

Openes the bottle to spurting foam, knew it was fucked, but poured less than half the 330ml bottle into a schooner glass and had to stop as it surged overthr rim. Had a look again at the bottom of the bottle and it was coated in black shit.

I am less than pleased... Also no best before date stamped on the bottle or recognisable batch markings.

Edit: quick search of word Murray's and gusher turns up a heap of results... Surprise, surprise.

I know their has been discussions on this already.
I only encounted it a couple of times earlier last year with the Nirvana.

I have been picking up Angry Man whenever I get the chance, even from Dan's it's tasting noice. Love that stuff!!

Never had one, and I've bought a few boxes and bottles from them online.

You may wish to reconsider how reputable they are. I had nothing but gushing Murrays from Uncle Dan (to the point where I couldn't understand why people rated the brewery so highly). Then I started buying them from Slowbeer and Purvis and haven't had a gusher since. Magnificent beers from a magnificent brewery.

no, not end of story.

yep, had exactly the same problem the other night, at Archive of all places. So we can't blame Uncle Dan's handling with this one......

gushhed like crazy, beer was hazy, and it tasted like shit. the bartender told my mate that it was "normal". i told my mate to take them back to the bar but he decided to drink them both anyway. :icon_vomit:

no datestamp that I could see either.

401492_10150470006095976_589890975_9175908_1857852131_n.jpg

AjofwEhCEAAMQbq.jpg

EDIT: added 2nd pic

You may wish to reconsider how reputable they are. I had nothing but gushing Murrays from Uncle Dan (to the point where I couldn't understand why people rated the brewery so highly). Then I started buying them from Slowbeer and Purvis and haven't had a gusher since. Magnificent beers from a magnificent brewery.

How could bad handling cause gushers?

I've had, & heard of others having, gushers bought direct from Murrays themselves.

I've had, & heard of others having, gushers bought direct from Murrays themselves.
Not saying that isn't possible but I am saying they do make good beers.

Besides, you're opening up that "Australian breweries can;t bottle for shit" can of worms again here - which probably isn't worth entering into yet again.

all the ones ive had ive never had a gusher. must be lucky.
but seriously poor handling can cause this problem.
if you really feel like having a whinge send shawn an email and see what he says about it.

Bleh - All gushers for me recently. Whole 4 pack of Angry Man seemed way over carbed. Even tried the third from the bottle thinking it could be my shit pouring, but alas - like a billion pop rocks in my mouth. Not impressed.

But about 3 months ago, had a single of Whale Ale to try. Carbed fine. So no idea what's going on at Murray's bottlers.

Latest posts

Back