Whats In The Glass (commercial)

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Had a couple recently (too lazy to take pics atm sorry :p)

110000205-GROTTENBIER-beer.jpg

A really nice beer, probably one of the best belgians I have had to be honest! Nice to have one at 6.5% so you can drink a bit more.

11047.jpg

A step above the Saison Dupont, more caramel and hides the percentage well at 9.5%! Best saison I have had so far (not many)

researching pilsners at the moment and guess what

majorly dissapointed :(

Photo0487.jpg

now drinking moody cow Gruntas orginal ale.

IT has a homebrew tang to it but it is way more enjoyable then the james squire pilsner

Have you tried the some of the Czech ones? Urquell is the bench mark, with Budvar also worth a look.
Been a which since i've tried a JS Pilsner...was quite good when it first came out.

Me to. I liked the Mac's Hop Rocker so much I'm planing a pilsner with cascade and nelson sauvignon. Looking for commercial examples that use the hop.
I've given up on all Squires beers. They either taste like shit recipes or like they cut the final product with 30% water.

162022.jpg

Interesting one today and many to come tomorrow. The internationalbeershop must love me. Spent heaps the past few months. I thought brewing would save me money haha. 80 bucks for 8 beers... Got an epicurean coffee fig stout I can't wait for tomorrow !

This one really tastes like coffee. Is a bit intense though tasting pretty burnt but being an amber ale its a little overpowering. Still a nice beer for sure but their Brown ale is the best Ive had for sure. Worth an experience!

have heard pretty bad things about this beer, but scored a 4 pack today from a supplier...

photo.JPG

is it anything special, no not really.... is it what its trying to be, yes... and not a bad attempt....... i've had worse APA's....

Bridge Rd - Bling IPA

Have to say, one of my favourite go to Local IPA's. An IPA with body!!!!

Murrays - Angry Man Pale Ale.

From Dan's, tastes as it should. Noice Pale Ale with rich citrus aroma. Chugg

researching pilsners at the moment

Pilsner urquell
Kruscovice
Budvar
Trumer

Start there.

Preferably accompanied by half a duck, a huge pile of pickled cabbage, some bread dumplings on a wooden board with the beer in 1 litre mugs served by a waitress with a sexy Eastern European accent.

Even more preferable to be in the Czech republic but on my current wage, I'll have to stick to Collingwood.

I'm drinking Brok export because I like it, cold because it's hot. That and cold Zyviec will be my staple for the evening until I get into a pint of LC pale later on.

Pilsner urquell
Kruscovice
Budvar
Trumer

Start there.

Preferably accompanied by half a duck, a huge pile of pickled cabbage, some bread dumplings on a wooden board with the beer in 1 litre mugs served by a waitress with a sexy Eastern European accent.

Even more preferable to be in the Czech republic but on my current wage, I'll have to stick to Collingwood.

I'm drinking Brok export because I like it, cold because it's hot. That and cold Zyviec will be my staple for the evening until I get into a pint of LC pale later on.

i got a large breasted woman to serve me would that help for not being in eastern Europe? although i would love a beer bath and a hot Hungarian woman to serve me the beers from her chesticles.....

I caved and had another beer. This time a Haandbryggeriet Costa Rica.

Really nice porter if you like coffee, which I do.

@fish: The beers, the food and the boobs would be fine.

These beers are subtle flavoured compared to super hopped up monsters (but still full of flavour) and meant to be drunk with food, company and music.

Context makes a lot of things that are great: greater.

JS pilsner doesn't cut it. Their porter and IPA are the only two beers I rate as worth the effort these days unless it's free. Free and me get along well.

Budvar

Ahhh Prague...drinking litres of the stuff served by buxom waitresses with hot accents...its heaven already, and then you realise a 500mL glass costs like the equivelent of 50c Aussie...and then you start tipping said waitresses, and they become even more friendly...good times! Possibly the best beer in the world for that reason....

Ahhh Prague...drinking litres of the stuff served by buxom waitresses with hot accents...its heaven already, and then you realise a 500mL glass costs like the equivelent of 50c Aussie...and then you start tipping said waitresses, and they become even more friendly...good times! Possibly the best beer in the world for that reason....

I hate you !!! <_<

Just watching someone from cologne drink a 4 pines kolsch. Too heavy and too foamy.

@fish: The beers, the food and the boobs would be fine.

These beers are subtle flavoured compared to super hopped up monsters (but still full of flavour) and meant to be drunk with food, company and music.

Context makes a lot of things that are great: greater.

JS pilsner doesn't cut it. Their porter and IPA are the only two beers I rate as worth the effort these days unless it's free. Free and me get along well.

Agreed, the porter is actually pretty nice! Got a bit of a shock after drinking other JS beers off tap and thinking 'why the hell did i pay $10 for this!?' then having a bottle of porter and thinking wow this is nice!

Had an amber ale recently and thought it was pretty bad to be honest..

This evenings contenders arranged in order of alcomoholicness. Garden variety selection from Dans.

I know I've put the slipper into Squires beers, but this was the pilsner that inspired me to unbalance many a brew with to much saaz. I do like that hop.
We'll see.

DSC07029.jpg

Back