what venues can't be missed in melbourne

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you like German beer and food try the Munich Beirhaus at South Wharf.
You could go to the Belgian Beer Café at Southbank, walk along the Yarra for about 10 mins and then have a Dunkel at the Munich Beirhaus. Very nice on a sunny day.

bungers81 said:
Beer Deluxe in Fed Square is another good spot.
They so do a pretty freakin good burger. Was there last week for work and went over for dinner. I think about those burgers between (rare) visits.

mxd said:
mcg satdy
Down for a mates 30th on very late notice, most of the boys are off to the croquet but I missed out. Luckily the only other bloke that isn't going is a brewer and our wives both like to shop... Day sorted. So many options thanks fellas. Will have a hard time sampling every tap in Melbourne this weekend

manticle said:
I'd second terminus if you want to push a little further out and foresters is definitely worth a look see.
??????????
Foresters is closer to the city?

I have no idea what you're asking.
Both are in inner city suburbs, both are outside cbd, both require a tram ride or similar.

My bad I misread the statement.

It's going to be one of those days, I spent 3hrs kegging and bottling last night for a comp just yo find out there is no sasion or cali common category. :(
I need sleep!

The party tonight is in Richmond so heading to slowbeer and mountain goat for some warm ups. Will explore some more tomorrow.

Staying on Lonsdale so cookie shouldn't be too far away

Edit: yep 400m away!

Thanks again

Well then just across the street from Mountain Goat is the Royston with about 8-10 taps of craft. I like working in Richmond :D

Really wish I was working today. No, wait...

Love to meet up with you but I'm far and away at the moment. Well, Ferntree Gully. Hope you're lifting a few good ones.

If we are throwing burgers into this I'm going to pipe up and say that the burgers at beer deluxe aren't that good. But I do like going there for a few beers.

Beer and burger bar in Richmond has a few craft beers. Also b.east in brunswick has a good burger and craft beer selection.

Where you can eat expensive meat that tastes like it's been left in a fireplace for a week and drown it in hot sauce. Good for colon cancer, less good for wallets, palates or insides.

Sorry not a fan and so incredibly sick of texan barbecue joints. No wonder they can only just taste the hops in a dipa.

manticle said:
Where you can eat expensive meat that tastes like it's been left in a fireplace for a week and drown it in hot sauce. Good for colon cancer, less good for wallets, palates or insides.
Sorry not a fan and so incredibly sick of texan barbecue joints. No wonder they can only just taste the hops in a dipa.
Never tried a Texan BBQ joint in Victoria (yet), but if they're anything like the ones up here in NSW you probably have a point. Annoys me a lot as every one I tried in the lone star state was sublime; admitedly a limited sample in single digits compared to the thousands that seem to be there, but possibly representative as we were pretty random in picking where to eat

I've enjoyed a few - it's just the proliferation (can't go anywhere without pulled pork and smoked brisket) and the ethos ( masses of meat and bread) nothing that isn't brown and zero delicacy or subtlety of flavour anywhere. Servings so large you're either stuffed to the point of being sick or leaving loads of dead animal for the rubbish. Fancy hanks was the worst example for me - overdone on the flavour, rip off on the value, like a smoky mcdonalds full of fat kids and bogans.

I love meat, I love chilli and I love smoked produce but to my palate, they get most of it wrong. I have no ethical issue eating meat but I do have one with unnecessary excess waste of something that was slaughtered for my plate.
Sorry for OT.

Well mountain goat was a success, friendly staff and a great venue.

It is pretty much how I imagine my brewery to be... The mrs loved it too which meant we stayed for a full tasting.

She surprised me with a yarra valley brewery tour so will visit a few places tomorrow. Will get over to South bank today hopefully. I walked along there yesterday but didn't see the Munich place, must be upstairs.

Will probably get out to Lygon for a feed but was an interesting read about the BBQ joints anyway.

Cheers

Latest posts

Back