What Strength Of Beer Do You Prefer To Make & Drink ?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pumpy

Pumpy's Brewery.
Reaction score
I usually make beers around 4.5% alchohol by Vol but during the winter I have been making them about 5.5% .

what is your preference ?

Pumpy :)

Mine usually range from 3% to 10% on tap at anyone time - prefer a low alcohol one for quaffing while watching sport, 5%ish for a normal seesion & a high alc one as night cap....

cheers Ross

What no poll, Pumpy? :unsure:

Like Ross, my beers vary. ATM between 3.5% and 7%. Most beers have an OG of about 1050 so end up around the 5% mark.

I aim for the 4.8-5% mark.. then some light ones just above 3% for a mate who has to drive home and enjoys drinking a couple of beers on friday arvo.

Once a year, maybe I do a beer under 5%. Avg 5.5-6.5% normally, but lately that has crept up to around 7.7% through winter :p

Doc

usually between 4.5 - 5%. Easy drinking brews this way. Can seem to fit more in.

G'day,
Around 4.5-5.5 % for me, with occasional deviations down to 2.6% (Berliner weisse) or 3.5% (session bitter) and up to 8.5 (English strong/ Belgian strong) or as high as 14 ish% for an old ale.

I have a rauchbier going at the moment, which should finish out at 5.5 - 6.0%

Beerz
Seth out :p

I usually make it at 4.5 to 5 percent that way you don't get too drunk and you still get the nice flavours :super:

It all depends on the style of beer that I'm making - anywhere from 4-7%.

For example, I currently have a Chimay Red clone in secondary that will most likely end up at around 6.5-7% and right beside it I have Irish Red that should end up at 4.5%.

Horses for courses I guess.

Regards

Steve

checkout my signature below and you will have what % is consumed around here :super:
The Trappist on tap at the moment is :rolleyes: pure BLISS at 8.2%

checkout my signature below and you will have what % is consumed around here :super:
The Trappist on tap at the moment is :rolleyes: pure BLISS at 8.2%
Bindi

Some of those alcohol contents are up to the point where I could almost run my car on them.

Good to see!

Steve

I aim for everyday beers of 3-4%, around 5% for the rest except the odd 9% brew like the triple I have in secondary. With AG you can make pretty tasty beers at 3-3.5%.

Cheers, Andrew.

Last year 7-8%
This year 5-6%
Next year may mix up some lowish 3.5-4.5% and a few high end apa,s again with a couple of belgians chucked in for good measure.
Oh forgot seeing i will be experiencing winter brewing next year i will have to venture into more porters and stouts so will be upping the ABV no doubt.Gotta keep warm some how ;)

Cheers
Big D

What no poll, Pumpy? :unsure:

My apologies Stuster I was up early morning playing Net 'HalfLife' with my nephew who resides in the UK and after some pretty heavy sessions the rechargable batteries in my
"Razer Diamondback 1600DPI High performance Gaming mouse " were getting a bit flat and twas alll I could manage , and I had to wait for them to charge " . :blink:

Pumpy :)

anywhere b/w 4.7% to 7.5% depending on what I'm making but most hover around the 5.5% range.

3.5 - 10 depending on the type.

Looking forward to seeing input from Boozy, in particular some of the sugar monsters he has concocted... :ph34r:

Latest posts

Back