What is your favourite commercial beer?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

panzerd18

Reaction score
For me it's Chimay Red. One word can describe it, that being beautiful.

Too many to put in here lol
Off the top of my head i'd say Le Trappe Blonde :icon_drool2:

Top 3,Fullers ESB,Sierrs Nevada pale ale,coopers sparkling. Fullers ESB my number one but i never see it on sale anywhere anymore,it's probably at acland street cellars in StKilda but now i'm in traralgon don't get down there that much. Does anyone know where you can regularly get Fullers ESB in melbourne.I was lucky enough to have it on tap at the pig and whistle in olinda in may.

VB - let's be honest, it's where we all started.

Nah mate, West End Draught shits all over VB. Better still, west end Export when it was around.

4 Pines Pale Ale is my go to when I'm out and a about.

Favourite is Red Dog Bloody Dingo, Red IPA. It just has something... Like every sip you take you need to assess and go back and have another sip just so you can get it again.

You've got to have a Red Hill Scotch Ale. It's like a lollypop.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZIWuMoWlCo

Edit: how to make the video work?!

DJ_L3ThAL said:
How dare ýou put me in that bucket. I was an EB drinker for about the first 2 years of my drinking life. Then I discovered LCPA and I was hooked.

DJ_L3ThAL said:
Only if you grew up here. Real ale on hand pumps were my first beers and still my favourite style if kept and served well. Grew up in a village in the UK with 6 pubs and about 5000 people.

Still remember my first beer in Australia, was probably VB as I assumed bitter would be like an english bitter. Cold, wet, fizzy and shit. Only good thing about it was it was served in a tiny glass.

I do have an odd, inexplicable affection for Tooheys Old on tap. I don't seek it out, but if it's that or standard mega swill/JS (excluding hop thief) then I'm likely to order Old.

Sparkling Ale.
Mind you I had a pint of XXXX Bitter at the pub recently with fish n chips and it was surprisingly good with the pub food.

Not sure if it's readily available in Australia, but Augustiner Lagerbier Hell has to be my all-time favorite.
It's generally the beer of choice for a lot of Bavarians, and they have a lot of great beers to chose from!

Latest posts

Back