What Can For A Wheat Beer ?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
MSB, i'm wary of that stuff ever since i tried that 'great australian white' or whatever it was called. that was THE worst excuse for a wheat beer i have ever tasted, met chuck hahn, thought he was a tosser, dont want to buy his stuff.

Anyway enough of the bitterness, how much ber can you make from the fresh wort kits?

Are you sure ESB still have a wheat beer in the Fresh Wort range, Warren? Their website doesn't mention it at the moment. I read it on the net so it must be true.

I'll put in a vote for the kit I just made. Wal's wheat kit with Morgan's wheat liquid malt, 250g wheat grain steeped and White Labs wheat yeast WLP300. Still one more week before it's ready so I perhaps shouldn't really recommend it but it tasted fantastic from the secondary and very easy to make. Made 21 litres Boozy. :beer:

Stuart

Stuart,

I checked this on the Grain and Grape website. They seem to have them.
However upon checking the ESB site you're right. No mention of them there?

Warren -

I can and will only speak of what i have tasted and i have had the MSB Summer Wheat a few times and it was good. Never tried the great australian white so i can't comment.

I dont know if Brewiser put out the Wheat in a kit still. I got one last year and made it with a kilo of Dry Wheat extract and the Saf k-97 yeast.
It came out ok. Was a fair bit tart. If you used a proper liquid wheat yeast it may come out even better.
Having said that I am not a big fan of wheat beers. I will be making an AG one later this year though with a proper strain of yeast etc.
Hail to the wheat beer gods.

cheers
johnno

I made the ESB 3.0kg with tettanger hops and K97. I thought it tasted like ham, i think it has put me off for life.

Anyone else think that it tastes like ham (probably caused by overpriming as the main reason).

Will

Ham flavoured beer?
Not for me!
Now if you can get it to taste like hame and pickle. That would be another thing. :)

cheers
johnno

johnno said:
Ham flavoured beer?
Not for me!
Now if you can get it to taste like hame and pickle. That would be another thing. :)

cheers
johnno
[post="59338"][/post]​

Now you got me going Johnno. :rolleyes:

When I was in the UK a few years ago you used to be able to get ham and pickle potato crisps in the pubs. IIRC the brand was called Branigans (sp?)

Very nice. Never been able to find them here. Virtual Ploughman's in a bag. Went well with Sam Smith's Old Brewery Bitter. :)

Warren -

Latest posts

Back