What brewgear did you get for xmas 16

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
bwhouse said:
Very nice!! Wish I had the space to set up a brewery like that :( alas apartment living means only single vessel.

Where did you order them from to get them shipped that quick this time of year?
Clever brewing, next day delivery even city to rural, dependant on order tine, I thought I'd missed the boat for delivery today but no.awesome!

I got ZERO brew related stuff for Xmas despite asking for a mash paddle, graincoat or Morton's book Brew.........

I guess I'll put in a Valentine's day request.

I got a 3 x 2.7m shed to brew in, I just gotta lay the slab and get electricals sorted :)

suzuki711 said:
Got a 2 vessel brewery 75lt kettle with 80lt mash tun turned it into 3 vessel using my 68lt BIAB pot for my HLT...can't wait to brew in it...new to 3 vessel brewing so it maybe interesting
That esky looks familiar. Hope its working well

Not quite for xmas, but for my birthday I have been told by my better half that we are going shopping on the weekend for a single vessel brewing system. Now I just need to decide between the Grainfather (and keep buying cracked grain for the time being) or one of the new Robobrews with pump and a grain mill with a bag or two of grain thrown in for good measure.

Decisions decisions.....

Little bit delayed for shipping but some vouchers got me some nice shiny 6L kegs for small-batch experimentation :D

IMG_20170106_080019_1.jpg

Hey Meddo, are they 6 or 9L's? Have you checked them?
I'm only asking as i've seen a link of basically the same kegs, but quoted as 9L's.

And what do you think of those high metal handles, as opposed to the rubber feet & collar of the Italian style 9's?

Hey techno, yeah they're definitely 6L, a shrunk down version of those 9/10's you've seen. These are them, although I ordered them through Mick at Cannon Hill:

http://www.easykegging.com.au/shop/all-products/6-litre-cornelius-keg/

I do like the rubber style but practically I doubt it makes much difference, especially since there won't be much weight in these little ones. This style will actually work a bit better for me anyway as they'll be a bit easier to maneuver in my keezer - I need to squeeze them down on the hump underneath a secondary reg so having a bit more open space at the top will be handy. This style is also supposed to be stackable, if that's your thing.

One thing to watch out for is that they're slightly larger diameter than the standard 19L (225 vs. 210 mm) - I hadn't realised and just had an oh shit moment when I tried to fit one into the keezer and it wouldn't go :p . Fortunately a bit of rearrangement got it slotting in nicely.

I got to use the 5l mini keg kit that arrived in November and has been burning a whole in the packaging in the shed. Fantastic response from people when I unveiled it at the lunch.

technobabble66 said:
Hey Meddo, are they 6 or 9L's? Have you checked them?
I'm only asking as i've seen a link of basically the same kegs, but quoted as 9L's.

And what do you think of those high metal handles, as opposed to the rubber feet & collar of the Italian style 9's?
Helpful to use the relative size of the handles to the keg to see compare sizes as I think both sizes of these kegs have the same handles.

http://www.easykegging.com.au/product-category/kegs/

Though on that site they are 10L, elsewhere they can be 9 or 9.5

I got the 5L mini kegs too from MK 3 bb. Worked a treat but was able to drain one way too quick with 2 people drinking.

Was also surprised with a home brew rye saison from a friend of my brother in law's. Looking forward for opening it up tomorrow night after playing cricket

Santa was slightly late, and he flew past China.

Double wall 'high quality'(?) stainless steel insulated food warmer for $55 soon to be turned into a mash vessel. Fun weekend ahead.

Break out the drill.

wp_ss_20170127_0001.png

Lager Bloke said:
Not so much actual brewing gear but a decent TIG-Digital AC/DC,pulse.My next brew will be out of my stainless fermenter-planned for Boxing Day-Santa you've done well,Merry Christmas to all,Rob.
Cheers for your advice Lager Bloke. It helped me make my mind up and I'm now the proud owner of a Unimig Inverter TIG. Works a treat and very happy with my purchase.

Latest posts

Back