What are you Watching ?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
bum said:
I hope this helps.

Ishouldn'tusetheinterneteverpunkin.
punkin said:
Can't have watched much if you think it's boring to see 40 cars doing 200 MILES an hour on the ragged edge of crashing sidewaysfor a couple of hours. Throw in the vagaries of constantly changing conditions that affect setup in ways that can see you go from 1st to 15th in twenty laps, a whole bunch of pitstops with varying options that can see a car go from hero to zero with a chage in tyre pressure and a few restarts where it turns into a death defying drag race off the yellow....

Your not thinking about what you are seeing if you think that's boring.

The two raod curcuits are actually the most uninteresting of the races as the strategies don't play such a large part and they are not drifting sideways towards a concrete wall at 200 miles an hour 4 times a lap.

Watch em closely, they are on the ragged edge of sideways round those corners, not like scalectrix.

Every track is different and brings different challenges too.

Yes i have described why it's interesting. I have not used the word danger, dangerous, unsafe, difficult, hard or any other descriptive words that describe the concepts you are trying to twist into my words. I have however, used the words highlighted in red to describe that it is indeed interesting.

bum said:
I don't think anyone is saying it is easy or safe.

Just innately uninteresting.

In the meantime i am going back to watching Ambrose at Taledaga as they go 4 wide through the turns. The mile and half tracks are my favourite.

YourInternetBullyingIsGettingLessAndLessSupportYouDinasourPunkin

I struggle to watch any sport on tv for longer than 20 mins. Must be my short attention span.
But watching nascar, auscar, hq's and monster trucks smash their way around calder park was one of the highlights of my childhood. Now the tracks crumbling away to nothing.

punkin said:
Yes i have described why it's interesting. I have not used the word danger, dangerous, unsafe, difficult, hard or any other descriptive words that describe the concepts you are trying to twist into my words. I have however, used the words highlighted in red to describe that it is indeed interesting.

In the meantime i am going back to watching Ambrose at Taledaga as they go 4 wide through the turns. The mile and half tracks are my favourite.

YourInternetBullyingIsGettingLessAndLessSupportYouDinasourPunkin
Absolutely delusional.

I don't dispute the skills involved and the high speeds just find the banked Ovals to be uninteresting. I also find Speedway uninteresting just used to European style racing on tracks with various bends and hairpins etc.

The last few laps of Bathurst were quite exciting.

I watch Nascar occasionally enjoy the High Def on One.

Nope not on free to view not sure if it's on PayTV. The most popular America comedy at the moment is The Big Bang Theory, Two and half men.

The best dramas are Homeland and The Blacklist IMHO

Anyone watching Anthony bourdain's No Reservations? Its just finished its second season now, its a bit more travel/cultural orientated rather than solely food focussed as his other shows in the past have been. He goes to some pretty crazy places eg Congo. Well worth a watch!

Never did get Big Bang Theory and 2 1/2 men. They are just not funny.
Eastbound and down is pretty good for a chuckle. Kenny is just a washed up looser.

BBT is funny. But I was a math/science guy in high school. And its got penny. Hmmm.

Watching the Sopranos. Such a quality series. Gandolfini is just brilliant, RIP.
The vikings (on sbs) is also quality. I taped first season and am now watching.

Cocko said:
Orange is the new black, anyone?

Same writers as Weeds.

It is watchable and somewhat enjoyable.
drugs. Women in jail. Good looking cast. Into 2nd season. Will check it out.

Cocko said:
Orange is the new black, anyone?

Same writers as Weeds.

It is watchable and somewhat enjoyable.
Cheers for this one Cocko, just watched the first episode looks good.

Also The Vikings that CM2 suggested is good too, watching the first episode of this now.

Two eps into "Banshee". Recommended.

First time I've seen or posted in this thread, let me quickly outline my favourite TV series to help show if you might like Banshee.

In order:
The Wire
Sopranos
Breaking Bad
Dexter
Mad Men
Six Feet Under
Weeds
Sons of Anarchy (at a pinch)
Nip/Tuck

Comedy:
Seinfeld
30 Rock
Eastbound & Down
Simpsons
King of Queens (she's hot)

BBT is funny. But I was a math/science guy in high school. And its got penny. Hmmm.

Watching the Sopranos. Such a quality series. Gandolfini is just brilliant, RIP.
The vikings (on sbs) is also quality. I taped first season and am now watching.

+1 for Sopranos.
-1 for BBT.

phoneyhuh said:
Anyone watching Anthony bourdain's No Reservations? Its just finished its second season now, its a bit more travel/cultural orientated rather than solely food focussed as his other shows in the past have been. He goes to some pretty crazy places eg Congo. Well worth a watch!
Sure you're not talking about his new series, The Layover?

I've always seen food as kind of an adjunct to the rest of the action even from the Cooks Tour days. Getting a glass / mug / dirty plastic cup of the local alcoholic beverage seemed to be the main thrust.

If you like the show, get a few of his books. Bourdain really is an engaging author.

Back