Weirdest Thing You've Plopped Into The Fermentor?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bit O/T, but anyway... I was working on a job at a little place called Rowena once upon a long time ago, no pub at Rowena, but they had a shop with a take away licence and they used to let you sit out the back and drink, have a feed etc, so it was stubbies all round... Tis one particular night we were all standin' round playing darts, stubbies piling up on the table next to us. These blokes were all boilermakers/welders, smoked like chimneys. There was an apprentice we used to call Turtle working for us at the time.... Well poor old turtle is three sheets to the wind and he's talking to me as he walks over to the table and picks up a stubby and takes a great big swig...

Man the look on his face... He'd picked up a stubby that all the blokes had put their butts in and he'd swallowed about a hundred.... poor ******* was as green as Kermit and threw up for near an hour... Everytime someone lit a cigarette poor old Turtle would barfing again.... :lol:

Think we called him Smokey after that...

I did that at the imperial hotel in tamworth with my half empty can of rum

some bastarde put their buts in it when i wasnt watching.

Never let a drink out of my sight when in a pub now. Even take itto the pisser with me if im not with close friends

cheers

Never let a drink out of my sight when in a pub now. Even take itto the pisser with me if im not with close friends

cheers

similar thing happened to me except i was drinking coronas at a bbq. luckily i spotted the butts in my drink b4 i took a swig.

havent dropped anything into the fermenter yet other than K&K.

similar thing happened to me except i was drinking coronas at a bbq. luckily i spotted the butts in my drink b4 i took a swig.

havent dropped anything into the fermenter yet other than K&K.

I thought that cigarette butts enhanced carona. :ph34r:

cheers

My close friends are more likely to do it! Must say, it's stopped a bit since smoking indoors was banned.

I remember once when i was brewing i got my 2 yo to put the bittering hops in, she tipped the hops in and i said good girl and gave her a kiss. She then looked at me and threw the plastic container in. Which followedwith me finding a way to get it out before it melted. Got it out fine but the 2yo hasnt made a hop addition since!!

KHB

She then looked at me and threw the plastic container in.

:lol: Haha, that made me laugh, I can picture it...

Ive added - Coffee, Bourbon, Vanilla essence, Oak, Port, and honey..

Be keen to try the Braindeath BW like Fents, what was the outcome mate? Did it work even tho it was hard to drink?

i couldnt really tell mate, needed a test subject that was straight to start with (i.e not me), pretty sure i sent a bottle off to a mate and he said it had a kick wether or not that was the 8% i'll never know.

i couldnt really tell mate, needed a test subject that was straight to start with (i.e not me), pretty sure i sent a bottle off to a mate and he said it had a kick wether or not that was the 8% i'll never know.

How much did you end up using?

Don't know about that boiling mussels in beer and eating them looks a more promising outcome.

BTW Those empty bottles of olives make handy storage jars for yeast rescued from the fermenter after a brew.

I know oysters are used, I have being tempted the recipe I found, we worked out the beer would end up costing over $200.00 so maybe the mussels are a cheaper option... So we just sat back and ate dozens of Ceduna's with our beer... mmmm is 8.00am to early for beer and oysters?

I know oysters are used, I have being tempted the recipe I found, we worked out the beer would end up costing over $200.00 so maybe the mussels are a cheaper option... So we just sat back and ate dozens of Ceduna's with our beer... mmmm is 8.00am to early for beer and oysters?

Ive been tempted todo one with a few tins of smoked oysters that have been rinsed of the oil. Smoked oster stout. hmmmmm or raw oysters with rauchmalt. :D

I've done a chilli beer with 100g of chopped jalapenos and 10g of chipotles in the boil, came great but didn't age well over 2 months. Best drunk young and with a spicy stirfry. No hotness in the beer, but great asiatic chilli flavour. Could picture drinking one while floating around on a sampan near one of the islands they used in the 'Man with the Golden Gun' Bond flick.

As for putting things in beer itself, this was more of a substitution. I was around at a mates place and we had a bit of a bash happening - people getting generally pissed and so on. There were a few cases of Carlton Draught in the fridge plus homebrew for myself and anyone wanting it. Getting progressively drunker, a few of us thought it'd be a great idea to piss into an empty of Carlton, then recap it and put it at the back of the fridge. I did the deed, and we promptly forgot about it...

...until a bit later I was sitting down and heard a couple of people talking about this beer they just opened:

"Huh, its flat... *drinking noises* ...not cold either, 'the hell?"
"Gimme a taste . . . yeah, tastes like shit - you gotta have a try of this, whaddaya reckon?"
"Nah, none too good. Dunno hey. Smells like piss."

:ph34r: :icon_vomit:

Cheers - boingk

The mobile phone...

Yep had it in the top pocket bent over to check how the secondary was filling up and... plonk

My natural reaction was to shove my hand right in there, which I did, I then quicky pulled my hand out realising I had stuffed the brew, I then shoved it straight back in deciding the phone was worth more than the brew, I then quickly pulled it out wondering how to explain this one to my father. Decided not to tell him. Long story short it stayed in there till we bottled. Although by the time we bottled I forgot it was in there so he found this rather f#cked up yeast infected phone in the bottom when cleaning up... :lol:

From memory it was a good beer with a damn fine head, all lacy and stuff...

is there a spacific reason for black jelly babies/beans or is it a joke that i missed?

i put honey in todays brew of ginger beer. its the first time ive deviated from the kit instructions/ingrediants. dont think ill K&K again

Back