Weird krausen

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alimac23

Reaction score
Hi guys,

The local HBS had a special on the mangrove jacks vicars remorse kit when I went the other day so I thought is try one, I put it on Tuesday night and I've taken a peek to see how it's going and I saw this:

ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1405589025.292057.jpg

I know krausen can look crazy sometimes but I've never seen it with the bits in top before, it smells pretty usual at the moment but as I've never made this kit before I can't tell if this is normal?

It's fine mate, happens when there you get a steady fermentation rather than vigorous.

Now, leave the bloody lid on, that's a sure way to end up with krausen that looks properly crazy.

Thanks donske I'll leave it well alone!
I've got it fermenting in the front room which is pretty cool at the moment so that would explain it.

Let us know how it turns out mate, my LHBS had them on sale a few months back too & I got the Lord Finster Dark Best Bitter kit. It turned out well with a slight liquorice undertone.

It had Target & Summit hops - does this sound normal? Could have been the malt though too.

I just picked one of these kits up for $25, looking forward to hearing how it turns out

Latest posts

Back