• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

website deals of the day

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Same. Got one and love it. Looked at a few stores and waited till it was 150. You can buy extra shelves from hark if you want to up the capacity for entertaining.

Ed: got not hot...

I have one, and bought an extra shelf and door seal kit off a guy on ebay.

I recommend them highly...

thedragon said:
Reasonably priced vacuum sealer that was recommended by a trusted AHB member.

$99 including postage and 30m bag rolls.

I'll report back after I give it a go.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=161011315895
I bought one of these as well - current Christmas special offers 42m of bag rolls if ordered before 19 December. Sealed up all my odds and sods hops this morning and would have used well under .5m of bags. The bags this unit comes with are very similar to those provided by a well known hop retailer on this forum and I was able to re-seal his hop bags without any trouble as well!

Happily recommend to anyone looking for a new vacuum sealer.

How goods the 'I will not use this equipment to make drugs disclaimer' that goes with the purchase :)

nu_brew said:
Who is organising packing and posting?
Well not me, I'm too far away
But if someone wants to do it, I'd be in for a couple of conicals and other bits and pieces
Fair few of us would have to go in though, it's upto near on $900 already

AJ80 said:
I bought one of these as well - current Christmas special offers 42m of bag rolls if ordered before 19 December. Sealed up all my odds and sods hops this morning and would have used well under .5m of bags. The bags this unit comes with are very similar to those provided by a well known hop retailer on this forum and I was able to re-seal his hop bags without any trouble as well!

Happily recommend to anyone looking for a new vacuum sealer.

Gents,

I just bought a Eurolabs vacuum sealer, it was on sale last week for $60 delivered. Keep an eye out, I'm sure I seen it cheaper elsewhere after I went looking for its kpa rating which is 85 btw which appears to be the highest rating...and going from the bags I sealed I would imagine anymore than this is probably going to see the contents split the bags.

I tested it out last night for the first time and it worked extremely well. I did a few things including making smaller bags from larger bags and as I didn't have any hops the best substitute I had was some popcorn, I did two tests, one with crushed popcorn and another with whole and both bags sealed right up, nice and tight. I didn't get to try the foil bag but I remembered this morning I still have a couple half used bags from my first brew. I'll give it a go at resealing this tonight and will post back on the results.

Fail on the foil mylar bags, doesn't vacuum or seal properly, if at all.

Sending it back. Sigh!

The slotted plastic bags that came with it worked quite well.

The foil mylar bags are smooth inside and out, even when it did vacuum it still had air inside and didn't fully seal across. The unit is only rated to 110w, I'm now looking again for tried and tested foil bag vacuum sealer.

It's kinda urgent, I've placed some orders from the states and have 7kgs of hops in transit.

Middo said:
The slotted plastic bags that came with it worked quite well.

The foil mylar bags are smooth inside and out, even when it did vacuum it still had air inside and didn't fully seal across. The unit is only rated to 110w, I'm now looking again for tried and tested foil bag vacuum sealer.

It's kinda urgent, I've placed some orders from the states and have 7kgs of hops in transit.
Just use the bags with the pattern on them. Mylar is a wank. Don't need it, the hops will be in the dark when they're in the freezer and the door is shut - right?

At least some of the hops will be opened by Customs anyway.

Don't worry. They'll be fine.

I don't think they'd do foil anyway would they, I tried mine today on foil hops bags and it never hardly tried to vac or seal, made a faint seal mark. I just vac sealed the proper bags around the outside of the foil ones.

vortex said:
Just use the bags with the pattern on them. Mylar is a wank. Don't need it, the hops will be in the dark when they're in the freezer and the door is shut - right?

At least some of the hops will be opened by Customs anyway.

Don't worry. They'll be fine.
Yeah I hear what you're saying, the mylar bags wasn't as important. I'm pretty sure the foil bags I ordered are just plastic with foil wrap... I got 200 of them for less than $30 shipped from china.

I also couldn't be bothered cutting and sealing bags to size, I'd much prefer to just order the bags like I have ready to go and seal away. The price on the pattern bags probably wouldn't compete either at a guess.

I ended up finding a once ahb popular sealer DZ300A from seal and pack. The ebay price is better than on the website, got it $150 delivered with 200 bags.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/221311016474?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

They'e also an aus supplier so good for warranty I suppose, I saw other similar units cheaper but they only had 2mm seals, the one above has 5mm seal and is 240v / 300w so I would imagine it's going to be good for pretty much anything I throw at it.

Will post up some pics when I have my 7kg's of hops all sealed up and ready to throw into the freezer.

That sealer looks like it'll do the job.

Happy with mine for now though.

Back