Water Proof (weather) Toggle Switch

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gout

Bentleigh Brau Haus
Reaction score
Brewers, I am building my control box for the brewery. Currently i have a water tight polynova box and i plan to have the switch gear and PID on the cover.

I am looking for some rocker switches with the rubber covers over them so if a splash was to hit the cover it would be safe. I would also like the switch to have a light indication when on. I used to use these however no idea where work bought them.

Secondly - given most the other items on the control panel will not be sealed (PID screen etc) is it worth it?

I was planning on having a outdoor/weather seal power point(s) for the herms/HLT and boiler on the underside of the box however they cost so much i am starting to think i should either move the control to a spot where there is very little chance of liquid. At the moment its a 2 level beer stand and the control is under the HLT (top stand) the rest on the lower.

I have looked in the board photos and done a search with not much luck.

If anyone has pics of their control box and where they place it / what it looks like i would love some details either here or via pm - even a link

I plan to have 2x PID (herms and HLT)
4 switches - pump, HLT, HERMS, Boiler.

In planning the face of the box i have left room for anything else i need to add over time. Currently i am using MDF and trying to set it up and test it before *shudder* i cut into the real box

cheers

have a look at marine boating suppliers. ie bias or whitworths for the waterproof rockers

I found these at jaycar - maybe this would work ok?

water cover
Switch

Will the boat gear mostly be 12-24V? however its a good idea, i guess with these crazy house boats(ships!) getting about they have 240v now days

I found these at jaycar - maybe this would work ok?

water cover
Switch

Will the boat gear mostly be 12-24V? however its a good idea, i guess with these crazy house boats(ships!) getting about they have 240v now days

Those are the switches I've used & was going to get the covers for them. But after using the system a few times I decided they weren't necessary... I guess it depends where you mount your panel, Mines up quite high & I haven't hosed it off in all the times ive used it.

I should add, I have a cover (Large BBQ cover) that I drape over the brewery when not in use.

mine should never get wet - unless i over-fill the HLT..... it has happened before but only about once every 3 years ( when the power is not yet turned on)

maybe i will give it a go and if i never post again - everyone should get the covers / move the switches :)

Latest posts

Back