Water For American Pale Ale?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes another member pm'd me with the address of ez.
Also the podcasts are good, and go into stuff that I wasn't aware of such as residual alkilinity etc. I'll have to get nomagraph-literate by the looks of it :icon_cheers:

Bribie water just tastes like dull slightly dead cane toad seaweed twang crap. It used to nearly all come from bores on the island, and in those days it would raise a shudder, but now a lot of it comes from Wivenhoe or Pine Rivers dams and mixed with bore water on occasion but they don't say when and we are right at the end of the line for the dam water, next stop New Caledonia.... it's really not too pleasant to drink and with different mixes happening, there is no water report available. There are several water towers on the Island (which is flat as a tack) and who knows what mix is in any of them at any one time. Go up to the Sunshine coast or to Sydney and the water tastes, to us, like water should.

bribie_bores.JPG

So as i noted, adding back several L of base water isnt going to cut it for use with the RO water? say 10% of the final volume?

Possibly Fourstar but then your not really going to know what your chemistry is are you, and I think Bribie is trying to get away from using his tap water.

Latest posts

Back