• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Wanted: VB stubbies (empty). Melb

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

breakbeer

Reaction score
I've just scored one of those VB dispensing fridges, but they will only dispense VB sized bottles (clever marketing I s'pose)

Gonna fill them full of home brew & vinyl wrap the fridge with a new design

No one I know drinks it, so I don't have access to empties

Anyone got a couple of crates full they wanna get rid of?

Please send a pic when you've got it up and running. It'll be good to see!

I might have a crate of emptys that you can have (they might need a quick clean) where in Melbourne are you?

If you know anybody that drinks bundaberg ginger beer maybe those bottles will fit also

gday i have a couple of slab boxs full you could have. Berwick.

I'm in berwick also so if your in the area...?

In my experience VB stubbies are the worst possible for homebrew. The glass is really thin and they break incredibly easily. I cap using a pneumatic bottle capper which I made, works at a constant 90psi, so it's not like I'm smashing them with hammers.

sgtpinky said:
In my experience VB stubbies are the worst possible for homebrew. The glass is really thin and they break incredibly easily. I cap using a pneumatic bottle capper which I made, works at a constant 90psi, so it's not like I'm smashing them with hammers.
Pics of capper please!!!

Bridges said:
Pics of capper please!!!
Yes please, ive got an old fridge compressor, this would make a neat use for it!

ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1396159108.394862.jpgImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1396159140.110354.jpg

I decided to have a tinker & convert the fridge so it will now dispense any kind of stubby, not just VB.

I've still got the vb stubbies if you want them.

Maybe going a little OT here...

Do you use a CPBF to bottle from a keg or do you bottle condition? I just wonder because I know if my bottle conditioned beer rolled down those ramps I'd end up with some pretty murky, yeasty beer.

Great idea though. I love repurposing gear like that.

I decided not to use it for home brewed beer as I prefer my bottles to be standing upright, to avoid unsettling of the yeasty goodness

This will be used at work for our 4:00 beers!

Here's a pic of the original door panel that I removed

ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1396164120.890515.jpg

Latest posts

Back