• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Wanted: Grain Mill

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

the_fuzz

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

Anyone got an old mill :blink: lying around that they want to sell.

With everyone upgrading to the millmaster, I thought some might be looking to sell their old mill? :ph34r:

just got a monster mill from the US for $150 aus dollars tomy door in 7 working days

i dont know that you can beat that

just got a monster mill from the US for $150 aus dollars tomy door in 7 working days

i dont know that you can beat that

Where did you score that through??

Cheers, Pok

Kleiny probably got it direct. The two roller with postage would probably be about A$150.
www.monsterbrewinghardware.com/mm2.htm

Edit: If you want a cheap new mill, then perhaps this is your best option-
Crankandstein link
It is U$67 + U$38 for postage. U$105 probably equates A$117 at the moment.
Also, you can split the postage with someone else if two of you are buying.

got it straight from monster just ordered it on their web site
and paid through paypal

simple and no hassels

the crankandstein looks alright but doesn't have a easy adjustment you have to take out the bearing and put it back in a different position. the monster has easy adjustment and thumb screws to hold it at any gap.

kleiny

I'm keen to get one of these Monster Mills as well Pok. Having a few sent to Oz at the same time will definately ease the postage costs. Furthermore, we might be eligible for a bulk discount if enought ppl are interested.

I'm keen to get one of these Monster Mills as well Pok. Having a few sent to Oz at the same time will definately ease the postage costs. Furthermore, we might be eligible for a bulk discount if enought ppl are interested.

I like your thoughts there Dicko

Certainly seems the way to go. I just got my first 25kg sack of malt and the first time I've bought uncracked malt. Mills sold in Australia are very expensive compared to these monster mill even with the currency conversion.

Until I get a mill can anyone tell me if cracking malt in a mortar and pestle is a bad idea?

I'll go check the website now, thanks for info people.
Dave

I have sent an email to the Monster Brewing Hardware team. I will keep you posted of any developments re a bulk purchase.

got my Monster Mill 2 months ago, via their website and paid paypal, no worries,fred is a very helpful guy and has created a fantastic product!!
can only recomend him and his product, even if the discount doesnt come off I would still go for the mighty MM!!

Monster Mill, the only way to crush!!!

cheers amita

If a bulk buy happens, I want to be in! I've thought about having a mill for some time now, and this sounds like a good excuse sounds like a good investment :rolleyes:

If a bulk buy happens, I want to be in! I've thought about having a mill for some time now, and this sounds like a good excuse sounds like a good investment :rolleyes:

Dicko ACT
pokolbinguy
peas_and_corn

Would anyone else like to put their name down tentatively?

I don't really need a mill, but if I was going to jump into a bulk buy, I'd rather go local and approach Brissybrew (Mashmaster) and see if he is interested in another bulk buy special on the Millmaster. For the little bit extra, just looks like a better mill to me. Haven't heard anything but good feedback from those who got in on the last deal.

My name will definately be added to any bulk buy (monster or the master) that takes place. I'll wait and see what we decide on.

Dave.

I don't really need a mill, but if I was going to jump into a bulk buy, I'd rather go local and approach Brissybrew (Mashmaster) and see if he is interested in another bulk buy special on the Millmaster. For the little bit extra, just looks like a better mill to me. Haven't heard anything but good feedback from those who got in on the last deal.

+1...tentatively

1.Dicko ACT
2. pokolbinguy (either a Monster or MasherMaster)
3.peas_and_corn
4. pbrosnan
5. Cliffo
6. Dravid (either a Monster or MasherMaster)

Latest posts

Back