• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Wanted: Custom Steel Brew Frame? Adelaide

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mschippr

Reaction score
Hi,

Does anyone know where i can get a basic 600mm square (galv?) steel brew frame made up in Adelaide? About 1000mm tall would be sufficient. The main reason is I want to mount my spiral burner inside the top of the frame so it will need to cope with the heat.

Thanks,
MARK.

Hi,

Does anyone know where i can get a basic 700mm square (galv?) steel brew frame made up in Adelaide? About 1000mm tall would be sufficient. The main reason is I want to mount my spiral burner inside the top of the frame so it will need to cope with the heat.

Thanks,
MARK.

Beerbelly at Pooraka, maybe. Surely you must have some mates that can do a bit of welding. If you lived closer and if I had time you could throw me a few bucks to consider it :lol: Give Wayne at Beerbelly a call.

BYB

Why not try a steel/structural fabrication shop? Bound to have an apprentice or two sitting around needing the practice and would probably end up being pretty reasonably priced.

or as suggested see Wayne at BeerBelly...

Does anyone know where i can get a basic 600mm square (galv?) steel brew frame made up in Adelaide?

Hi Mark

What part of Adelaide are you in? I know a very good fabricator in the southern suburbs

Cheers
Pedro

Edit: If you are on the northern side - see BeerBelly like everyone else says

Does the frame need to be welded? If not you could head down to your locals Bunnings (or equivalent) and grab a few lengths of the stuff shown here (uni-strut?):

http://www.aussiehomebrewer.com/forum/inde...elore+brewstand

It's galvanised and bolts together nice and easily, plus if you change your mind you can change your stand or add to it.

:icon_cheers: SJ

Hi Mark

What part of Adelaide are you in? I know a very good fabricator in the southern suburbs

Cheers
Pedro

Edit: If you are on the northern side - see BeerBelly like everyone else says

I'm in Aberfoyle Park so that would suit me well. Otherwise i'll call beerbelly, problem is i'll want to buy a new mash tun if i go down that way aswell. ;)

Hi,

Does anyone know where i can get a basic 600mm square (galv?) steel brew frame made up in Adelaide? About 1000mm tall would be sufficient. The main reason is I want to mount my spiral burner inside the top of the frame so it will need to cope with the heat.

Thanks,
MARK.

try going to a motorbike shop they get bikes shipped in steel frames,then you drill and bolt it together to suit your needs.not galv but at least you can stuff around with it and come up with a style/configaration that suits you and it costs bugger all.(they only throw them away so you would be doing them a favour)
....cheers...spog......

Back