Want To Find Brewing Club : New England N.s.w

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stephenkentucky

Reaction score
G'Day I am an all grain brewer living in Kentucky N.S.W I am trying to locate my nearest club or alternately people in the area who would like to form a club, I make wine , brew and distill so a varied format club would be also on the cards, I live 10 minutes drive from Uralla, 1 hour from Tamworth and 3o minutes from both Armidale and Walcha. any help would be appreciated.
Regards
Stephen

Stephen,

Welcome to the forum. There is at least one brewer in Tamworth (Tony), but he's not there during the week, ATM.
Surely someone else can speak up, if they are close to you.

My Dragon's girlfriend is from Kentucky, and the Dragon is from Rocky River.

All I can suggest is that Newcastle is only about 3 1/2 hours down the road, through Walcha and Gloucester, and my place is 30 minutes closer.

Beerz
Seth out :lol:

hi Stephen.

I currently live in tamworth and am an AG brewer.

I have been doing this for years now and i dont believe there are any clubs in the area.

I am currently in the process of moving to the hunter valley so i wont be much help to you.

As far as AG brewers in the area, i do believe they are few and far between. There is one fella on here (ahb) that goes under the name of "The Scientist" He lives in tamworth and id keen as mustard.

I have heard there are a few AG brewers in the armidale area from various shops that supply grain but i think they mostly keep to them selves.

So i guess the answer is no mate..... sorry.

I have thought of starting up a brewing club here but i think most are coopers kit folk that just want cheap beer.

I know this site is different to meeting people face to face but stick around and get to know us and you will be suprised.

There is a great bank of brewing knowlege, experience, ideas and misshaps to be learnt here and friends to be made :)

you might be suprised who you bump into on here, there are almost 3000 menbers now. Gee wiz i renber when there were only a few hundred..... but unlike most sites with huge member lists this site just seems to get better :)

cheers

Tony.

All I can suggest is that Newcastle is only about 3 1/2 hours down the road, through Walcha and Gloucester, and my place is 30 minutes closer.

Beerz
Seth out :lol:
And if you make a wrong turn going to Seth's place you'll end up at mine...More than welcome

Steve

Howdy StephenKT,

I live in Tamworth as Tony said and am just about to step up to AG. I have family who live in Uralla, so I travel up your way from time to time.

I don't know of any club in our local area, but they all have to start somewhere. Having a group of contacts on a fourm such as this one, has been invaluable to me. The ability to quickly source info and ask questions from a wide variety of brewers is a great resource. I would be keen to join a local club if there was one around, so I like your idea of forming one ourselves.

If it wasn't for the internet my brewing would be fairly basic as the local suppliers of brewing goods is rather limited down this way.

Cheers for now. :beer:

Well I live in Graftom, which is still a few hours away.

Maybe it is worth setting up a Nth NSW Club...might be able to get a few members...

Uralla would be the ideal place to brew lager, as the place never seems to get hot... :lol:

you would need a heat blanket on it in decenber to stop it freezing :)

you could make "ice beer" in the winter.

Tamworth isnt much better.

last couple of brews were doughed in at 7:00 am in -1 deg temps :)

certanly adds to the thermal mass of your system

cheers

Well guys , no club but it seems that I have stumbled upon a goldmine of support any way, it is going to be my pleasure to be in the virtual company of such a group. thanks for the support. Likewise any time you are up Kentucky way thaw us out and stop for a beer. It may be cold up here but the hospitality is glowing hot.
Regards
Stephen

Latest posts

Back