Just Got Our Brewery Licence

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stephenkentucky

Reaction score
Well what a day just kegged our first 50 litre kegs and lo and behold got confirmation of our excise licence approval. So at long last the dream of running a micro craft brewery is a reality. 30 years of home brewing is now reaping it's rewards, thanks to all those generous people who over the last few months have helped to make Dobson's brewery a reality, especially Mark at MHB, and Ross at Craftbrewer and the many contributors to this forum who refrained from flaming my sometimes dumb questions and posts, you are all invited to have a beer on me here if you are passing. Dobson's is at Eastview Estate Kentucky, New England (between Armidale & Tamworth). Having been a winemaker for some time I can say with authority that most winemakers are so far up them selves they could inspect their own tonsils. Brewers on the other hand are exemplified by a generosity of spirit which makes me proud to say I am a brewer. And always will be.

Kind regards
Stephen

Always great to hear of another dream coming to life. Good luck :)

Sick Puppy, Belgian Ale. What a great name for a beer.

"Yes bar tender, two Sick Puppy's, thanks."

Drew

Good one Stephen! Will have to mark this down on the map when I pass through on my way to Tenterfield later in the year.... :icon_cheers:

Love the website excellent work.

Can I have first dibs on the secondhand Braumeister 50L when you upgrade to the 200L due to demand :) :lol:

Congrats on your progress!

All the best and happy brewing! I am sure you will pump out some great beers!

Very nice, would have to be one of the better websites i have seen.
I've got a mate that works up that way i will let him know of your existence.

Congratulations Stephen
Its great to see the licence through, I have a fair idea of how much you work have put in and hope its returned many fold.
Great to see a Braumeister in a commercial install, I dont think it will be the last.
Well theres one at Bluetongue, but thats different, they got it for product development as it was the only system that could mimic what the big brewery does.
Let us know when the bar is open, Ill be up for a beer or six.
Mark

Always good to hear that another micro has got off the ground. Congratulations and hope that all continues to go well.

good luck with your brewery. if im ever up that way will be sure to drop by. i love the style. such a range too.
i find the website just a little clutered and wordy, but thats just me. id stick a clean front on it with just the facts and links that the keen can explore.
id love a pint of your old trout! again, all the best.

Looks good for a road trip. I don't think I have a life that would allow for doing this, but I'm really happy for those that can, it'd be a hell of a lot of fun. Way better than auditing, trust me.

Only thing is that Czechoslovakia is both misspelled, and no longer exists. Pilsen is in the Czech Republic (the bit of the former Czechoslovakia containing Bohemia and Moravia, Slovakia deciding to go it alone). Just in case you want someone who isn't automatically rooting for you (brewing fraternity, in particular) who may criticise the site.

Again, well done, good luck and great to see. My missus is actually thinking of ok'ing a road trip, so I think we'll be taking the inland road for the first part.

Goomba

Looks great ,i might have to go for a weekend drive soon ;) Good luck and congrats. Picky,picky on the web site,but on the 'Homebrewers and beer lovers ' page ,you double up on the final paragraph,and isn't 'The Bavarian Beer Purity Law' 1516? ,not 1530? :p

Well done mate.
fantastic labels too!

I will be down in Farmidale in october. will try to put an order in once there if I remember

Cheers!

Cool marketing plan there - don't be serious at all. I wonder if the excise license scrutineers had a laugh as well!

Latest posts

Back