Just Got Our Brewery Licence

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Further to my previous post, I'd observe that it took me quite a while to find the contact link. I know it is there, right in front of my face, but its a small link, the eye isnt drawn to it. For a second i thought youd left it out!
As food and beer tourists we want to know just a bite about you, your product, and your approach. Then where you are, what we can eat and what else you offer in terms of environment and facilities. Beyond that your website is a joy to explore, but its the facts first. I think you need a condensed front end that realy grabs the tourist, otherwise we'll move on. just my 2c for some constructive observation. :)

Congrats on the licence.
Cant wait for a drive by and taste

Congratulations to you and your lovely wife, Stephen! I'm hoping some of that brewing mojo you seem to possess rubbed off onto me the other day! I can't wait to knock on your door one day...

It always a great when one of the brewhood turns that corner and becomes a pro. Well done and all the success, and when I'm in the area I'll definately be up for a beer.

Fantastic website and love the labels, but best of all the growlers...Go you good thing.

Cheers!!!

Congratulations, mate. You must be stoked. They are seriously some of the best labels around!

well done mate,
those growlers look mighty impressive, I can see myself grabbing one full of Fudpucker next time Im in the area,,,you know, if Im passing. just saw a light on......

Congrats, I hope I can taste your ales sometime. I like the cut of your jib.

Yes, well done and I really enjoyed browsing your website. Beer labels aside, that video of Bill Bailey was a cracker. I hope to be up north in the spring so will make a visit.

cheers

Grant

Congratulations Stephen :icon_chickcheers: , I'm really looking forward to organising a road trip down to enjoy your company & sample your beers. If the wine you sent me is an indication to the quality of your beer, then we are in for a treat.

Cheers & wishing you every success.

Ross

Totally pumped for you matey .. will keep an eye on the shelves for your brews ... lets hope the good distributors get them over to WA ..
I have to agree with the above posts .. GREAT website and labelling ...

Congratulations :icon_chickcheers: Love to hear someone living the dream

Wow that is a pretty amazing web site and label designs, if the beers as good which I'm sure it is your on a winner. Will definately be stopping by if were anywere near you.
Love the growlers and if you don't mind me asking but how much do you charge for one of them beauty's? and do you have plenty in stock cause I recon they will walk out the door pretty quick.

your website does not give your address needs a map needs more items for sale a mixed case of all your brews

Congrats Steve,

One thing your area has been lacking is a brewery.

Cheers
Matt.

Well what a day just kegged our first 50 litre kegs and lo and behold got confirmation of our excise licence approval. So at long last the dream of running a micro craft brewery is a reality. 30 years of home brewing is now reaping it's rewards, thanks to all those generous people who over the last few months have helped to make Dobson's brewery a reality, especially Mark at MHB, and Ross at Craftbrewer and the many contributors to this forum who refrained from flaming my sometimes dumb questions and posts, you are all invited to have a beer on me here if you are passing. Dobson's is at Eastview Estate Kentucky, New England (between Armidale & Tamworth). Having been a winemaker for some time I can say with authority that most winemakers are so far up them selves they could inspect their own tonsils. Brewers on the other hand are exemplified by a generosity of spirit which makes me proud to say I am a brewer. And always will be.

Kind regards
Stephen

The Good Beer Guys - Beer Adventures plan to drop in Stephen. Leaving Mudgee tomorrow for Uralla, looking forward to visiting Dobsons Brewery.

Screwy

We called in this afternoon and stayed for dinner.

Have to say this is the best venue we have visited to date. Every brewer travelling the New England Hwy should call in here. This place is the whole package, no contest. Stephen is a brewer/wine maker/distiller with a "very interesting background". Most would have seen some of the work from his previous life at some point..........Cinematography/photograthy/fashion photography/advertising etc. He has been a brewer for thirty odd years and is a graduate in distilling.

His brewery is located in his winery/restaurant which was totally booked tonight. Down a country road with no advertising signage on the road to Kentucky 15K outside of Uralla in the New England Tableland......................WOW!

Screwy

Yep, i spend a lot of time at Dobsons, Stephen is a mate. His distillery licence has just been granted a few months back and he is producing some great quality spirits (all on Stilldragon equipment :D ) .

His beers are fantastic and his bar is tops. The restaraunt serves wonderfull meals in a beautiful setting with a great selection of wines from the estate.

And it's all just 1 minute off the highway. :beerbang:

Anyone travelling the New England Highway should really call in for a coffee at least, it's between Uralla and Bendemeer. 6778 7473.

Back