Wadde Want, Polyclar Brewbrite. Wenna We Want It? Now

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
why waste your time?! add it to the boil where its supposed to be used.

Cos I brew extract and only do 3L boils. I could add it to the small boil do you think it would work ok?

Cos I brew extract and only do 3L boils. I could add it to the small boil do you think it would work ok?

Wow, throw a cat among the pidgeons, I have absolutely no idea the science of it, but, if i was doing a small boil and suffering chill haze issues, I would be more inclined to use the VT model as you will be dosing the whole batch. Hitting up a couple of litres with the Brite seems to me a little superflous, but??????? its brewing.

edit, didnt make much sense sorry matr, i was saying the vt model used after primary is your best bet as an extract brewer!

That's what I was planning. I know it's overkill using the brewbrite but couldn't get the vt

I'll see how it goes this week

cheers, Mat

Lets keep the BREWBRITE thread on topic please.

What's the latest news in regards to Brewbrite.I have tried sourcing it from the States,but can't find it anywhere.

Do the yanks use a different name?

Cheers.

I am possibly out of place here as a source I am sure has been found, none the less here in Kanbeera it is available, though very expensive some 8 times the price of whirlfloc from (note I have a financial interest in Mashehematics) mashematics.net

K

So are Bribie and the other guys still just using the Brewbrite exclusively? I am thinking about picking up a jar from MHB to eliminate the use of Polyclar.

I brought 4 tubs home from my recent Novocastrian excursion, 2 for me and 2 for TidalPete. I'll definitely be re ordering. Love the stuff. What I particularly like is the kettle action - heaped teaspoon mixed to a thin slurry with some hot water and added right at the end of the boil and BAM instant breadcrumb / cornflakes soup that settles out beautifully.

Also I haven't been using Polyclar in secondary and get nice bright brews. I still have half a pack of CB Polyclar left over to keep as an "insurance policy" but haven't needed it yet.

I brought 4 tubs home from my recent Novocastrian excursion, 2 for me and 2 for TidalPete. I'll definitely be re ordering. Love the stuff. What I particularly like is the kettle action - heaped teaspoon mixed to a thin slurry with some hot water and added right at the end of the boil and BAM instant breadcrumb / cornflakes soup that settles out beautifully.

Also I haven't been using Polyclar in secondary and get nice bright brews. I still have half a pack of CB Polyclar left over to keep as an "insurance policy" but haven't needed it yet.

Do you know a local supplier Bribie? Keen to give it a go.
Daz

MHB's your man and will courier.

edit: I didn't actually carry them around with me, Mark just popped them in a Fastway satchel (of which he has heaps) and coincided with my return home.

I've used brewbrite in the last 5 brews - I'm converted. Good gear. No more gelatine for me .....
Cheers
BBB

Would be keen for some too if there's a bit of a buy going on...

Back