Wadde Want, Polyclar Brewbrite. Wenna We Want It? Now

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hhhmmmmm... I got all excited yesterday and added 10g at 10 mins instead of 4g of Brewbrite..... Anyone have an idea of how this will effect the brew?
Better bigger and compact trub layer, like you dropped a bag of bread crumbs into your kettle.

Just used this for the first time, crystal clear wort into my cube.
Produced the most perfect, solid and compact trub cone i have ever seen.
Stayed intact all the way to the last drop, it sat there like a sand castle for a while, i only had 500ml left in the kettle and after letting that settle out in a jug, only 100ml of that was wort = not even worth batting an eyelid over. Knock out volume was 12L

Will be interesting to see how the beer turns out, planning on using no other finnings but running through the filter before kegging.

I've used this a few times now and I havent found it to be any better than whirfloc. :rolleyes:

I add a heaped teaspoon into a cup of boiling hot wort, stir it round to dissolve it, & chuck it back in at 10 mins to go...

Am I doing something wrong?

just a question what dosage are people using.

this stuff works really well, i think ill add it to the whirlpool next time though since i seemed to break the bigger floc's up by adding first then whirlpooling
will definately stick with it though.. its good gear

I am using at rate of 4g / 23L - mixed in some water at the start of the boil, added with 10min to go.

Have always used whirfloc previously at the recommended rate on the packet, it works but the brewbrite just seemed to leave the wort a lot clearer and i got more of that clear wort because the cone was so solid.
Whirfloc cone was always more loose and easily disturbed, maybe if i played around with how much i used it could be better? who knows

All i know is today i was really surprised by this stuff straight out of the box.

Storage is not an issue if kept in an airtight container. I am useing the same batch I obtained in March 2010 and it is still as good as the day it arrived. I use 40 grams into 80 Litres of wort 15 mins before flame out. When fermentation has ceased I crash chill to 2 degrees and add Gelatine to the fermenter leave for 2 days drain the gelatine through the dump valve at the bottom of my conical prior to kegging. I have not filtered since I obtained this stuff and all of my beers are crystal clear.
Cheers Altstart

Back