Wa Aka Sandgropers Xmas Case Swap 2011

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Glad you made it to 15 fellas. I would have loved to be part of it but a severe lack of opportunity to brew as well as probably being interstate when the swap is on pretty much stopped me in my tracks. Looking forward to seeing some swap piccys and well done Mika in opening up your home for the swap :ph34r:

:lol:

Onya Doogie, how about you move interstate, seem to spend most of your time over there.... and you can take the state's supply of Fursty Ferret with you.

Lack of oppurtunity to brew ? You should have made your control panel less complicated then you'd be right.

This has had a massive coming together in less than 24 hours. :) I will have a chat to spoonta and bizier but if we can hunt down 3 more people to fill the remaining spots we will be a full case go.

Next up is a location to hold the swap. I would love to host but cant fit everyone in my minature back yard but can bring a portakeg(9lt) and food. If anyone puts there hand up to host it would be grand and all the other swappers will be grateful. We need to get the hombrew social scene kranking in WA!

Location-
As previously offered, we can use my place.... I live down in Port Kennedy so i understand it's a mission to drive to. But isnt everywhere in WA?
We live about 5 mins drive from the Warnbro train station... if that helps?
Better then nothing I suppose?

I probably woudlnt mind having the swapo at my place , but I cant be fucked hainvg the pissup, so you are all welcome to come here and swap , but I wont be putting ona gastro-lunch. so itwoudl be venue use, and byo everything

I will check with the Mrs. Should have my bar up and running by then as well. Weekend of the 9-10? 3 min walk from East Guildford station, a few more mins walk to the Rose and Crown and a little bit further to get to Alfred's burger joint.

Ooo... I'm liking that option. And Guildford's a little more centrally located than Port Kennedy

me to mate keen to check that bar out if you need ahand to get it finshed in time let me know

Looking more likely that I'll be able to say hello to some fellow WA brewers.

I cant confirm until location and date are set, as I get married in a month and will be overseas for a week or so after that...

Gonna try my hand at a stove top BIAB AG - Coopers Pale Ale this weekend. So if it all works out as planned thats what I'll be bringing along...

Which reminds me. Must pick up some booze on the way home tonight, theres yeast to be recultured... :p

I'm in bunbury but dont mind easy destination such as fremantle or gosnell's/maddington area.

Are dodgy extract brews accepted or will i get laughed out of the joint?

Well, im not so sure its that dodgy, bottled last weekend and is perhaps quite drinkable...

Fodder.

i'm a newvby to this aswell and some of my beers are kits......

I'm tempted to get a homebrand goo can and see if i can make it taste nice......

fish

Anymore updates gents on a potential location?

If we could get people write there suburb down we could go from there?

I'm 2 hours away from everyone so it doesn't matter for me *except for jimboley* he is 5 minutes up the road in port kennedy.

Hey guys. I just had a read back through and we officially hit 15 with Mika, though fish13 seems keen as to get in on this and it would really suck for him to miss out.
So can we include fish and then definitely cap it at 16 now? Will having to supply 16 beers be a problem for anyone?
I guess someone has to raise their hand now and offer a definite location. My place is out, but so far we have-
a Sinkas for swap only (Freo area)
b cdbrown Guildford (3 minute stagger from train station with new bar set up, oh this does sound good ;))
c Jimobley (Port Kennedy)

So it looks like this:

1. Jimboley- confirmed, rad dry stout.
2. keifer33 - confirmed (probably something infected)
3. cdbrown - confirmed yank brown ale 5.9% or yank pale ale 5.1%
4. sinkas - confirmed
5. Bizier
6. malt_shovel - confirmed, APA from fathers day brew in PET now unless i get something else done beforehand
7. spoonta
8. Evil G - confirmed (T.B.A. maybe some type of lager or possibly a Bees Knees?)
9. jyo- confirmed- saaz blonde
10. Mikey - even if i cant make it am keen to do a swap - confirmed either pilsner or belgium blonde
11. biggo - confirmed - Braggot or Pale ale
12. NME - confirmed (dunno yet!)
13. Fodder (?)
14. markymoo - ESB or Landlord (if you will have me :) )
15. Mika
16. Fish13

Are dodgy extract brews accepted or will i get laughed out of the joint?

Well, im not so sure its that dodgy, bottled last weekend and is perhaps quite drinkable...

If it not drinkable then its not acceptable, there have been many weird and wacky beers in the swap over the years, and that is fien, but If you know its no good dont submit it

In the past it worked such that if your beer failed then you are require dto proved a commerical equivalent craft beer

I am hoping CDbrown or mika put their hand up for a proper case swap day

If it not drinkable then its not acceptable, there have been many weird and wacky beers in the swap over the years, and that is fien, but If you know its no good dont submit it

In the past it worked such that if your beer failed then you are require dto proved a commerical equivalent craft beer

I am hoping CDbrown or mika put their hand up for a proper case swap day

Sorry - dropped the ball on this one. Will put it to the boss today and hopefully get back a bit later. Fingers crossed.

1. Jimboley- confirmed, rad dry stout.
2. keifer33 - confirmed (probably something infected)
3. cdbrown - confirmed yank brown ale 5.9% or yank pale ale 5.1%
4. sinkas - confirmed
5. Bizier
6. malt_shovel - confirmed, APA from fathers day brew in PET now unless i get something else done beforehand
7. spoonta
8. Evil G - confirmed (T.B.A. maybe some type of lager or possibly a Bees Knees?)
9. jyo- confirmed- saaz blonde
10. Mikey - even if i cant make it am keen to do a swap - confirmed either pilsner or belgium blonde
11. biggo - confirmed - Braggot or Pale ale
12. NME - confirmed (dunno yet!)
13. Fodder (?)
14. markymoo - ESB or Landlord (if you will have me :) )
15. Fish13

I never said yes or put my name on a list.... yet <_<
I can see why the dictatorial rule of the capn' was preferred by many and resulted in an excellent case swap soiree

It's on - case swap in Guildford on the weekend of 10/11 December.

Latest posts

Back