Wa Aka Sandgropers Xmas Case Swap 2011

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1. Jimboley- confirmed, rad dry stout.
2. keifer33 - confirmed (probably a comp winning APA icon_cheers.gif )
3. cdbrown - confirmed yank brown ale 5.9% or yank pale ale 5.1%
4. sinkas?
5. Bizier
6. malt_shovel - confirmed, APA from fathers day brew in PET now unless i get something else done beforehand
7. spoonta
8. Evil G ?
9. jyo- confirmed- soft blonde or pumpkin ale.
10. Mikey - even if i cant make it am keen to do a swap - confirmed either pilsner or belgium blonde
11. biggo - Confirmed - Braggot or Pale ale
12. NME

Will glass bottles do ?

I have no problems as long as they are king browns.

OK I confirm my standing,
I think ti shoulde be PET only, as we have had near fuckups in the past, given many of the people on the list are unknow to the case swap, its cheap insurance

4. sinkas?
5. Bizier
6. malt_shovel - confirmed, APA from fathers day brew in PET now unless i get something else done beforehand
7. spoonta
8. Evil G - confirmed (T.B.A. maybe some type of lager or possibly a Bees Knees?)
10. Mikey - even if i cant make it am keen to do a swap - confirmed either pilsner or belgium blonde
11. biggo
12. NME

Will glass bottles do ?
Well following from sinkas post I guess it's PET only. Don't you have a carton of empty PETs Sean? You should have picked one up when keifer was selling them in August. I'll check my stocks and may be able to sell you a box.

Dont fear I have more. if you need some ill drop them off with the other stuff biggo

Are dodgy extract brews accepted or will i get laughed out of the joint?

Well, im not so sure its that dodgy, bottled last weekend and is perhaps quite drinkable...

All types of brews are welcome - just ask that it's drinkable and not infected. Nothing wrong with extract

Come on down fodder. Dont feel cause ur extract brewing its instantly dodgy. If it is truly dodgy you still.have heaps of time to brew a new batch.

I've tasted some bloody good extract brews before, no need to be ashamed :p
I've also tasted some below average AG brews

4. sinkas - confirmed
5. Bizier
7. spoonta
8. Evil G - confirmed (T.B.A. maybe some type of lager or possibly a Bees Knees?)
11. biggo - confirmed - Braggot or Pale ale
12. NME - confirmed (dunno yet!)

biggo - please make a braggot!! I experimented with one earlier in the year, and although it was awesome, I have no idea how close to the idea of a braggot it was (having only ever read about them, not tried one), so I'd be keen to try yours!

Personally I'm liking the idea of a smaller swap, simple because it cuts a bit fine with my batch size when we do the whole 24. Not enough room for error IMO ;P

This has had a massive coming together in less than 24 hours. :) I will have a chat to spoonta and bizier but if we can hunt down 3 more people to fill the remaining spots we will be a full case go.

Next up is a location to hold the swap. I would love to host but cant fit everyone in my minature back yard but can bring a portakeg(9lt) and food. If anyone puts there hand up to host it would be grand and all the other swappers will be grateful. We need to get the hombrew social scene kranking in WA!

2. keifer33 - confirmed (probably a comp winning APA )
4. sinkas - confirmed
5. Bizier
7. spoonta
13. Fodder (?)

This is looking good. Do we cap the number at 15, or let it ride? I'll see about hosting, but it's probably not going to happen.
Cheers.

2. keifer33 - confirmed (probably a comp winning APA )
4. sinkas - confirmed
5. Bizier
7. spoonta
13. Fodder (?)
14. markymoo - ESB or Landlord (if you will have me :) )

I will squeeze it in.

I recon we just cap it at 15. Unfortunately we need to set a dead line otherwise if people are planning to brew only 15 beers then anymore will stuff it up. Bring on the swap!

EDIT: oh I just noticed what youve done there jyo, very sneaky listing a beer down for me to brew :p

You really need a location before you can get too excited. If a location's confirmed and the date's not the 17th of December, I'll be in.

EDIT: oh I just noticed what youve done there jyo, very sneaky listing a beer down for me to brew :p

Took you long enough :icon_cheers:
15 it is then?
I just inquired with the missus about hosting for Sat 10th Dec, but initial response was overall not very promising... I'll try again tomorrow after some chocolate and a few drinks (for me that is, it helps with my confidence and tact :p )...

I just inquired with the missus about hosting for Sat 10th Dec, but initial response was overall not very promising... I'll try again tomorrow after some chocolate and a few drinks (for me that is, it helps with my confidence and tact :p )...
She always says yes to me :icon_cheers:
Nev

too late to add my name to the list? If i can it will be either a tooheys old style or a porter.

Latest posts

Back