VICBREW 2013

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
gratz bayside, well done again

WarmBeer said:
I'll just leave these sitting here, shall I?

:D
"One Swallow does not a summer make" (I'm sure there's a half-decent pun in there somewhere).

Yob said:
A 4th!! WOOT!!!

Go you specialty bad boy :lol:
attachicon.gif
666.JPG
Yob, you made an absolute CORKER!!

As I expected, you came out last in the serving-order, so it was served kinda warm. The judges (to their credit) asked me to laser-temp. it, so they could make allowances for that. Anything served that warm would show any brewing faults it has, but there weren't ANY. I read the judging sheets afterwards & I agree with all of their comments (you got two very experienced blokes).

I spoke to one of the judges later about the category as a whole & he said it was of a very high-quality, with very few faulted/faultable-beers. You were up against some tough competition.

If I remember correctly, yours came out right behind the category winner, which I tasted & was absolutely superb. Bummer!!!!

Under the circumstances, your 4th is a great result. Congratulations!!

I'm bloody stoked with my RIS getting a third !!!
Well done to Vicbrew and to everyone that entered and placed !
Regards
Ferg

Thanks mate, pretty chuffed with a 4th.. Looking forward to brewing this again after taking on board the notes.. I'm kinda relieved it doesn't go forward actually coz there ain't a defined recipe.. lol... I roughly I know what it is but me and records have a love hate relationship...

Also pretty happy with the faults comment.. If you remember our conversation about that beer, it was problematic at best so I'm pleased I seem to have handled it well enough to get me to the position I got.

Cheers

I got a 3rd for my Munich helles. Yay I am not a novice any more!
Thank you VICBREW you do an awesome job!

NealK said:
I got a 3rd for my Munich helles. Yay I am not a novice any more!
Thank you VICBREW you do an awesome job!
Mate I judged that beer and it was very well brewed. Well done!

Massive thanks to Vicbrew organisers, pretty chuffed with a third for a saison.

Thanks for the kind words guys. Very well done event. I found the quality of the beers were considerably better than last year which is a good sign for homebrew!

Thanks to the Martin, Mark, Andy, Michael and all the Vicbrew committee. You guys as usual did an awesome job.

Congrats to Bayside as well. Strong showing and strong results!

Go Bayside!
I am stoked with my second in Strong Stout!

Thanks to the VicBrew team, the judges and the stewards.

I only placed 7th for my American Brown ale but that's the highest score I've got so far so I'm happy with that.

bullsneck said:
Go Bayside!
I am stoked with my second in Strong Stout!

Thanks to the VicBrew team, the judges and the stewards.
Braden ,
You beat me , you ******* lol
Well done mate !!
Here's to us vic's at the nationals !!!
Cheers
Ferg

Well done hoser. Placing in 7? Categories is no mean feat - all but 2 being 1st place is even better.
No glassware for me this year.
Congrats also to Charst.I judged that and remember 3 very good saisons.

Breakbeer - oatmeal only got a 9th but I think it was the best of the oatmeals. More arm hair needed next time.

Yob - looks like the spec category was very high scoring. Yours was easily a winning score in many comps so well done.

Latest posts

Back