Vicbrew 2010

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cheers for that guys! I'll let my specialty beers know there is still a place in the world for them:)

Now the missing links are established. good work Kleiny. Well done Andy, thanks Mark. :) Lets brew up a storm, or a good drop at least :beerbang:

All right! 15.2 Golden Strong is there! Just checked the teeny print!

I'm ready to rock! :super:

Hopper.

I'm in with my doppelbock, just need to bottle it and get it to Daves in the next two weeks. Waiting till the last minute as I don't trust bottling from the keg the way I do thru the tap and bit of tubing and it lasting well.

Brewed my final entry today using 60% unmalted wheat 20% noname wheatbix and 20% pils. Should be just wite on the day!

when is the call for judges?

I received something via email the other day CM, have a look at their website, touch base with the committee etc. The call is def out there though, just maybe not here on AHB.
EDIT. Found it................>>

Hi all,

This is a call for JUDGES and STEWARDS for VicBrew, the Victorian Amateur Brewing Championship, which will be held on the first weekend in October – 2nd and 3rd October 2010 at Belgian Beer Cafe Eureka, 5 Riverside Quay, Southbank Melbourne, Melway 2F E7

The competition is BJCP registered (but all judges are welcome, not just BJCP judges).

Can you please email Mark Hibberd ([email protected]) if you are available to judge and, if so, which category/ies you would prefer to judge and those that you would rather not judge, and/or if you're available to steward. And also whether you are available for the morning or afternoon sessions or both. We will use this information to draw up the judging schedule but cannot guarantee that we will be able to meet everyone's preferences. We hope that most judges will be available for several sessions, but the need for this will depend on the response. We will not assign judges to categories in which they have an entry - we will check against the registration database so you don’t need to provide this information now.

The categories are: Low Alcohol (<4% Abv), Pale Lager, Pilsener, Amber & Dark Lager, Strong Lager (>6% Abv), Pale Ale, American Pale Ale , Bitter Ale, Brown Ale, Porter, Stout, Strong Stout (>6% Abv) , India Pale Ale , Strong Ale (>6% Abv), Belgian Strong Ale (>6% Abv), German Wheat & Rye Beer, Farmhouse Ale & Wild Beer, Specialty Beer.
There is a full list of categories and styles on the back of the entry form and at www.vicbrew.org under the VicBrew tab on the left-hand side of the page.

The days on which each category is judged will depend on the number of entries and judge availability.
Starting times for the sessions are expected to be:
Morning session (9.30 am start):
Afternoon session (1 pm start):
Lunch will be provided for all judges and stewards.

Please respond with the following information:

AVAILABLE SATURDAY 2nd MORNING SESSION: YES/NO
AVAILABLE SATURDAY 2nd AFTERNOON SESSION: YES/NO
AVAILABLE SUNDAY 3rd MORNING SESSION: YES/NO
AVAILABLE SUNDAY 3rd AFTERNOON SESSION: YES/NO
JUDGING EXPERIENCE, COMPETITIONS JUDGED AT: 0 / 1 / 2-4 / 5-10 / >10.
BJCP ID#:
AVAILABLE TO JUDGE: YES/NO
AVAILABLE TO STEWARD: YES/NO
PREFER TO JUDGE CATEGORIES:
PREFER NOT TO JUDGE CATEGORIES:
CONTACT PHONE NUMBER:

Thanks for your assistance,

Remember that VicBrew entries close on 18 September 2010. No late entries.

Mark Hibberd
on behalf of the VicBrew2010 organising committee
[email protected]

come on guys, lets brew and keep things on track. Go the Vic`s.

abuse me personally via continued PM thx.
In the meantime, I`ll say GO VIC`S :beerbang:

guess who's got BJCP exam wrist, elbow and hand?

ME! Damn Entry forms! if only you could type in your details and then print from PDF, so much easier! :icon_cheers:

Is there a category for Steam Ale's? Had a look but looks like the only spot for it it 18.7

Thanks Brendo, was sure it was in specialty beer before. Still I sreened the whole sheet and still didn't see it :rolleyes:

Cheers

well my entries and all prepped and ready for delivery except for the barleywine, still to decide if a fresh tallie or two 330ml bottles are in order.

7 categories is a good enough spread. i might extend it to 8 if i manage to keg my specialty beer. Although ive been put off since my last specialty was judged incorrectly (name of style was not read out to judges :()

havent filled out any entry forms yet but got a fair idea of what beers to pull out of the batch after viewing the Oktoberfest results, probably about 6 categories and still debating whats in my kegs at the moment, american brown, brown porter, cream ale, witbier.
Still to decide any stewarding, judging commitments as well. Best I get my act together.

submitted mine today @ ballarat homebrew centre. 3 categories for a first-timer in a comp. Was disappointed to find out I am the ONLY person to have dropped of an entry here in Ballarat. Would have thought there would be more than that from this region. Ah well, looking forward to getting some feedback.

submitted mine today @ ballarat homebrew centre. 3 categories for a first-timer in a comp. Was disappointed to find out I am the ONLY person to have dropped of an entry here in Ballarat. Would have thought there would be more than that from this region. Ah well, looking forward to getting some feedback.

Good Luck wakkatoo, if anything as close to "Black Betty" I am sure the judges will enjoy :icon_cheers:

Latest posts

Back