Vic Xmas In July Case Swap 2007

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thanks to andrei for dropping off his contribution at my place over the weekend, and i'm sorry i didn't offer you a beer realised after you left very bad of me, you'll have to have one with me when you come to pick up the case

if anyone else wants to drop off there case during the week at my place there very welcome, just send me a PM and i'll give you my mobile and address

cheers

-Phill

Phill, had you offered me a beer I would've had to refuse due to some family commitments at the time so I would've been the one feeling bad! Its really I that owe YOU a beer for being my drop-off and collection point in any case.

A few points to note about my Irish Dry Stout:
- I had some "help" from my kids putting the labels on. I have marked the caps with "IDS" in case the labels come off.
- I went for a light carbonation for these beers. I have opened 3 stubbies so far. One was flat as a tack, so I brought the case swap beers inside. The second one was lightly carbonated, and the 3rd flat again (probably one that didn't make it inside). The case swap beers have been inside for 2-3 weeks, but may still benefit from further time out of the cold. Perhaps the guinea pig / first taster can report the carbonation and forewarn others if there is a problem. The lightly carbonated 2nd beer was "more-ish" to my taste buds so I hope they do not turn out completely flat...

Anyway, I will be making arrangements with Phill after the 9th to pick up my beers post-swap. Hopefully the "tasting" thread will have started so I know what order to get stuck in. This is going to be fun!

cheers,

Andrei

i'll put them in the spare room when i get home tonight andrei, still bloody cold in there but better than the garage which is so cold my fermenting fridge isn't turning on and it's set at 10 degrees :eek:
-Phill

sure did....

can you pour me a beer?

How does Saturday sound?? :chug: APD and I will be making an appearance at the central collection point with the 'brews from the west' (scary sounding... isn't it!?!)

Headed out to the shed tonight to bottle for the swap.

Seeing as I'm bottling from the keg, decided to use home made cabonation caps (did a bulk buy of valves from my local tyre bloke).
The carbonation cap system has worked well over the past 12 months or so, mainly using soft drink bottles for short / medium term storage.

I learned a couple of things tonight however:

1) 1 "choof" of the soda stream plunger is good, 2 "choofs" are not so good
2) a coopers pet bottle is capable of covering approx 2m radius when the arse blows out of it.

The beer shed is really living up to it's name as everything in it now has a coating of Amarillo amber ale.

It might be time to add some more technology to my carbonation system.

Just off to change into something that's not soaked in beer.

Cheers & beers.

Mark

carb_cap.jpg

exploded.jpg

soda_stream.jpg

Headed out to the shed tonight to bottle for the swap.

Seeing as I'm bottling from the keg, decided to use home made cabonation caps (did a bulk buy of valves from my local tyre bloke).
The carbonation cap system has worked well over the past 12 months or so, mainly using soft drink bottles for short / medium term storage.

I learned a couple of things tonight however:

1) 1 "choof" of the soda stream plunger is good, 2 "choofs" are not so good
2) a coopers pet bottle is capable of covering approx 2m radius when the arse blows out of it.

The beer shed is really living up to it's name as everything in it now has a coating of Amarillo amber ale.

It might be time to add some more technology to my carbonation system.

Just off to change into something that's not soaked in beer.

Cheers & beers.

Mark

I learned the same lesson, but not quite as lucky as you. It covered 2 square meters of my kitchen rather than the shed (SWMBO not happy at all) and in my case teh bottle took off like a rocket when 750g of beer exited the back end in a rush. Hit my hand at somethin approaching bullet speed. Still have a scar from where the valve stem hit my hand, and the bruising took a good 2 months to go away. Everything from the wrist up swelled up and tuned an nice shade of purple/black.

I approached the whole thing with a fair bit more caution after that. And recently I coughed up the dough for a store bought carbonator cap that I can use with my regulator... much happier knowing that the bottles are only getting 20PSI.

Still, I was luckier than I could have been... something in the nasty bangy incident knocked out both lenses of my glasses... if I hadn't been wearing them, it would have been my eyes instead.

Just a reminder that you can drop off your beer at my place any time between five minutes ago and the case swap on Saturday. You can also pick up your beer from my place up to one week after the case swap if you think that is going to work for you. All you have to do is PM me (which I guess means vote for me as Prime Minister) with what you want to do and I will try to accommodate you.

On the day of the swap, I may want to feed you six hundred gallons of 'special' home brew. It is up to you as to whether or not you drive home or not...

:blink: :D

it's all very exciting isn't it

just to let everyone know that i have no internet at home so if you need my address please ask me by early friday arvo otherwise you'll be driving around springvale asking the junkies and bums where i live and thats not cool

-Phill

it's all very exciting isn't it

just to let everyone know that i have no internet at home so if you need my address please ask me by early friday arvo otherwise you'll be driving around springvale asking the junkies and bums where i live and thats not cool

-Phill

Awwww... Isn't that sweet! DFT doesn't want us to look silly in front of the junkies and bums of Springvale.

Now, there's proof that we form a community, I tell ya!! :D :D :D

Awwww... Isn't that sweet! DFT doesn't want us to look silly in front of the junkies and bums of Springvale.

Now, there's proof that we form a community, I tell ya!! :D :D :D

Speaking of which... when we are driving around collingwood asking the junkies and bums where the brew swap central drop off point is... what are they likely to say?? :blink:

Speaking of which... when we are driving around collingwood asking the junkies and bums where the brew swap central drop off point is... what are they likely to say?? :blink:

Probably something along the lines of 'Dunno mate. Can you spare me a dollar for a... ummm... bottle of milk?'

Actually, that only happens in Fitzroy. In Collingwood, we are all very civilised and proper... :D

Can we have a show of hands who intends coming to Collingwood on Saturday?

Apart from PM-ing you coordinates, I want to know how many plastic beakers I have to rinse out and how much fairy bread I have to make...

:( would of loved too, but gonna mind my very ill bro on sat arvo and give my missus a leave pass for the arvo to drink champers with her wooza's. next time gadget.

I will be coming down to Collingwood but I will be driving so maybe just a couple of jars.

Already have your details.

wooo fairy bread *claps hands*

i'll be there with the south east case's

-Phill

wooo fairy bread *claps hands*

i'll be there with the south east case's

-Phill

I'll be there, I can bring Honey Joys :lol:

Edit: for dark faerytale :)
You know those cornflake-honey things, images.jpg.
I don't even want to venture into what you could have been thinking.

Back