Vic Xmas In July Case Swap 2007

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd tip my hat to him as well, but I'm afraid to touch my own head, which still vaguely hurts after he got me rotten drunk last friday.

He doesn't want to "inflict" his beer on too many people, but the ******* didn't see any problem with pouring it down my throat till I nearly fell over. :party:

He is just being overly fussy. His beers are plenty good.

He is also a top bloke for hosting a drop off and the swap sort. Assuming SWMBO doesn't have pre-existing plans for me on that day, I will drop in and lend a hand with the sorting etc. Can probably manage to bring a couple of extra beers along so the sorters and Spills can lubricate their work a little.

I'd tip my hat to him as well, but I'm afraid to touch my own head, which still vaguely hurts after he got me rotten drunk last friday.

He doesn't want to "inflict" his beer on too many people, but the ******* didn't see any problem with pouring it down my throat till I nearly fell over. :party:

He is just being overly fussy. His beers are plenty good.

He is also a top bloke for hosting a drop off and the swap sort. Assuming SWMBO doesn't have pre-existing plans for me on that day, I will drop in and lend a hand with the sorting etc. Can probably manage to bring a couple of extra beers along so the sorters and Spills can lubricate their work a little.

I'm not the one who reached over the table during dinner and finished my wife's beer for her... :p :D :D

Sweet my drop off is Mr Peel is Diamo but seeing's as Watsonia's on the way to Collingwood you might as well come pick them up becuase i have to show you how i empty my beer tap ;) haha just kidding mate, i'll either drop them at your's or Wardhog and I might trek over to Spills for the afternoon's pissup sort.

Sweet my drop off is Mr Peel is Diamo but seeing's as Watsonia's on the way to Collingwood you might as well come pick them up becuase i have to show you how i empty my beer tap ;) haha just kidding mate, i'll either drop them at your's or Wardhog and I might trek over to Spills for the afternoon's pissup sort.
Ill be driving to Spills place so if you want to ride shotgun thats fine with me. The fridge is always well stocked if you want to drop off at my place. Either way suits me.

ooooh, I didn't remember that, oops :rolleyes:

Am I even allowed back to your place?

Happily, that particular event happened at the pub.

You're allowed back at our place any time, but it might be best to avoid the pub for a little while... :ph34r: :lol:

Peels,
I'm going to have to drop out of this swap. I don't think i've got the time atm to brew something up.
Sorry for the stuff around guys.

vl.

If you're thinking of using the Central Area Drop Off Point (my place), you can leave your case any time between now and the day of the sort. Similarly, you can pick up your case any time in the week after the sort.

You cannot pick up your case before the sort. You cannot drop off your case after the sort and expect to get anything back.

If you want to do this, please give me a day or so notice to ensure I am around.

So i brewed my case swap IPA with Wardhog yesterday. Very pleasent day with everything going smoothly other than the bloody wind playing havoc with my boil. Cheers ward for the brews too ;) i was quite pissed by 8pm that night.

Xmas In July IPA
14-A English IPA

Size: 19.98 L
Efficiency: 72.96%
Attenuation: 75.0%
Calories: 213.66 per 12.0 fl oz

Original Gravity: 1.064 (1.050 - 1.075)
Terminal Gravity: 1.016 (1.010 - 1.018)
Color: 26.2 (8.0 - 14.0)
Alcohol: 6.31% (5.0% - 7.5%)
Bitterness: 59.17 (40.0 - 60.0)

Ingredients:
4.8 kg Malt Craft Export Pilsner Malt
.840 kg Dark Munich Malt
.300 kg Crystal Malt
.060 kg Cara-aroma
60 g Challenger (6.6%) - added during boil, boiled 60 min
20 g Goldings (6%) - added during boil, boiled 25 min
20 g Goldings (6%) - added during boil, boiled 0.0 min
12.5 g Fermentis S-04 Safale S-04

Looks tasty, smells great and just picthed the yeast. Cant wait.

i was quite pissed by 8pm that night.

Heh. Me too. My Tap-A-Draft worked quite well, much to my wife's disgust.
BTW, All Amarillo Ale goes extremely well with a large plate of BBQ mustard ribs.

Looking forward to that beer you were making yesterday, if it's half as good as your coriander IPA, it'll be the highlight of the case.

Looking forward to that beer you were making yesterday, if it's half as good as your coriander IPA, it'll be the highlight of the case.

Its all in the palate of the taster i guess ;)

Would anyone be interested in doing a yeast starter swap on the Case Swap day?
I thought this might be a good opportunity to swap some good quality yeasts around.
I have a decent range (especially of belgian yeasts), would love to pick up some others?

Let me know interest levels and if interested we can discuss details.

Q

How are the numbers going? Room for one more?
I've got an Amarillo amber ale in the keg atm that is worth sharing.

Cheers
Mark

Your in Mark.

Drop off locations
West - apd - Footscray
North - Peels Diamond Creek
East - DarkFaerytale Springvale South
Central (drop off and sorting location) - SpillsMostOfIt Collingwood

1. Peels Cream ale
2. DarkFaerytale - Smoked Ale?????
3. Lucas - Batz Altbier
4. Wardhog Brown Porter
5. Fents - IPA
6. Velophile
7. Thirsty Boy - Kolsch (or a Wit if the Kolsch goes pear shaped)
8. Andrei - Irish Dry Stout
9. Quintrex - Tripel
10. RobW - robust porter
11. apd - brown ale or an out-of-season wheat
12. kadmium - Hause ale
13. Mmmmm... beer - Dark Ale
14. mark_mulrooney - Amarillo amber ale

Sorry guys, going to have to opt out this year after all, way too much on my plate.

1. Peels Cream ale
2. DarkFaerytale - Smoked Ale?????
3. Lucas - Batz Altbier
4. Wardhog Brown Porter
5. Fents - IPA
6. Velophile - Stout or Pale Ale?
7. Thirsty Boy - Kolsch (or a Wit if the Kolsch goes pear shaped)
8. Andrei - Irish Dry Stout
9. Quintrex - Tripel
10. RobW - robust porter
11. apd - brown ale or an out-of-season wheat
12. kadmium - Hause ale
13. Mmmmm... beer - Dark Ale
14. mark_mulrooney - Amarillo amber ale

I have a choice of either a Stout or Pale Ale to contribute. Any requests?
There are a few dark styles covered already... :)

+1 for pale ale.

Weren't we discouraging pale ales not long ago? :)

+1 for pale ale.

Weren't we discouraging pale ales not long ago? :)

haha yea about 8 peeps were gonna do pale ales, so everyone decided to brew dark beers!

bring back the pale ale! :beerbang:

And I'll confirm that mine is a brown not a wheat.

Latest posts

Back