VIC: XMAS in July 2013 case swap

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yob said:
@ WF, Di you want me to hold onto that Victoria rhizome then and you can collect and save the postage?
Not a definite attending just yet but if you do have one available then just hang onto it for the moment. Might even be able to swap one I've got.
Haven't dug mine up to see what sort of growth I had over the season.

Naa mate, pass it along to another deserving soul, if all the ones I have take off I will be buried under the bloody things :lol:

Trying to make some fancy label, with no avail! Does anyone have a template for the Avery 24 per sheet labels?

IIRC: Go to their website. It takes ~2 secs to download it. It should appear in Microsoft Office/Word as a template. Also double-check your templates - you might already have it.
(apologies if i've got that wrong - it's been a year since i did it, but i think that's what i did at the time).

Also make sure you're going to the right menu in MS Word.

Go to the "Tools" menu,
select "Labels" (down the list ~2/3rds),
then i think you select the "Options" button,
and hopefully you can go find the appropriate template from there.

Good Luck!

I was was a non-swapper, I'm now a non-attender. Have fun chaps.

1. Manticle - Wee Heavy (no longer a SMASH)
2. Charst – Saison by the look of it (HomeBrew world falling apart)
3. Fikuss – Dunkelweißen
4. Meathead
5. Whiteferret
6. breakbeer - Black Nelson IPA

7. Vitalstatistix

9. Wolfman
- Malty Skunk Fart
10. Shane R - Black Saison

11. Yob - English something bastardised (WY1318)

12. Midnight Brew

13. DarkFaerytales - Belgian Dark Ale - wyeast 1762

14. Damn
 - Belgian Strong
15. Edak - Pirates American IPA

16. Kahlerisms (tentative)

17. GrumpyPaul - Cherry Ripe Porter

18. Shane S

19. Grainer - Hoegarrten wannabe
20. micbrew - Stone &Wood Pacific Ale
21. JB
22. technobabble66

Non beer swapping attendees

1. Lecterfan (bloody good chance of getting there this time!!!)

2. Fents

Swap Day Purchases
1. Edak. Perlick and 1 keg
2. Manticle. Gas bottle and 1 keg
3. Yob. 1 keg
4. Darkfaerytale. 1 keg
Swaps
Reserves

22 long necks (plus a few 0.5L) bottles of Black Saison capped with a big #10 on top.
Hanging out for it now!

Yep, got mine in the fridge set to 18.. Rekon they will be close to ready by the time the swap comes round..

Do we need to put any other details on the bottles such as ABV, ingredients, etc?

At the moment I have the normal bottle cap labels with the name of the beer and nice picture. I plan on putting a big 15 on there but wanted to know if any other info would be useful...

Swap number is all that is required. Other details can be put in this thread.

Might be time to start discussing food requirements.

There'll be two small spit roasters there that can each do up to 10kg. My vote would be for Lamb on one & Pork (with a shitload of crackling) on the other. I was thinking about buying a large bag of really fresh rolls from the bakery the day before and we can just cram them fulla meat n gravy.

I know you don't make friends with Salad, but should we have some there anyway?

My local butcher also makes the best snags I've ever had, so was thinking about getting a metric tonne of those & throwing them at the bbq to see what happens.

As this is my first swap event I'm not 100% sure how it's usually worked out? Do people chip in cash on the day or is there a collection done before hand to cover costs?

technobabble66 said:
IIRC: Go to their website. It takes ~2 secs to download it. It should appear in Microsoft Office/Word as a template. Also double-check your templates - you might already have it.
(apologies if i've got that wrong - it's been a year since i did it, but i think that's what i did at the time).

technobabble66 said:
Also make sure you're going to the right menu in MS Word.

Go to the "Tools" menu,
select "Labels" (down the list ~2/3rds),
then i think you select the "Options" button,
and hopefully you can go find the appropriate template from there.

Good Luck!
Cheers mate got it sorted.

Food wise, I'm easy & happy to go with whatever suits The Host best.

If an opinion's required: I'd def go w the double spit w pork & lamb, w extra from gourmet sausages. A token salad or 2 would b nice, but not essential if it's a hassle. It's a booze-up anyway, so I'll take a break from healthy eating for one arvo. Hell, even just snags & bread would b ok if the rest is too much on the day!
If 2 spits = 20 kg of meat, do we need the snags? It might b worthwhile trying to get some numbers on who's sticking around for how long (eg: I'll b there for most of the arvo but then drive home, so I'll skip the booze-up later in the night - hence I'll b there for one meal maybe).

If The Host reckons he can concoct some serious crackling on piece of spitted pig, I'd even b tempted to vote for 2 pork spits...

I do love my meat... (that's what she said)

But do you think 20 kilo of meat on the spit plus a metric tonne of snags might be over catering justa little. That's close to kilo of meat each...

But then again mmmm mmmmeat

Over catering is not a problem. I always over cater, like "epic meal time" over cater.

I am not staying for a piss up, have to drive, but if I am enjoying myself then I will stay until dark.

All is well ,,, finished bottling this evening Stone & Wood Pacific Ale
21 bottles and few stubbies for the bottler :chug:

Mick

26 bottles of oatmeal stout done.
Finally found my bottling wand buried in a box and had to squeeze it into my siphon hose as my Jerrys don't have their tap holes drilled out. Took ages, now I know why I keg.

Latest posts

Back