VIC: XMAS in July 2013 case swap

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Charst said:
2. Charst - Saison or something with Wyeast 3864 (Unibroue)
G'Day Charst,

You're not a yeast wrangler by any chance are you? I'd love to get my hands on a slant of that yeast.

Would be happy to swap a WY3711 slant or a few bottles of non-swap beer?

Mmmm... La Fin Du Monde, Maudite, Trois Pistoles... Oh how I miss thee.

Shane R said:
G'Day Charst,

You're not a yeast wrangler by any chance are you? I'd love to get my hands on a slant of that yeast.

Would be happy to swap a WY3711 slant or a few bottles of non-swap beer?

Mmmm... La Fin Du Monde, Maudite, Trois Pistoles... Oh how I miss thee.
Hi Shane, just got the smack pack through CB so its 6 months old, I usually Smack and Split into two vials and a Starter, happy to swap one.

a belgian dark ale was brewed on saturday and was chugging away nicely by saturday night.

This will be my first social in the Homebrew world, but this is too close to home to miss. I got a Belgian Strong partial that will be ready (or very close to) by then but will try to do an IPA & APA BIAB to ensure I've got some acceptable ales by then. In fact maybe I'll do a mixed crate and that way I can bring some sampler's also so you can choose. Looking foward to it Whooooo Hoooo.

1. Manticle - Wee Heavy (SMASH)
2. Charst
3. Fikuss
4. Meathead
5. WarmBeer
6. breakbeer
7. Vitalstatistix
8. bullsneck
9. Wolfman
10. Shane R
11. Adamski29 - Brown Porter
12. Midnight Brew
13. DarkFaerytales
14. Damn

Non swap attendees

1. Yob
2. Lecterfan (bloody good chance of getting there this time!!!)
3. Fents
4. Grainer (Hope it fits in with Uni gtg to Ballarat for a few weeks)

still trying to decide what to brew for the swap. Getting a few sacks of grain in the latest BB & have a freezer full of various hops.

Not sure if I should try something new & potentially stuff it up or play it safe & brew what I know I can do well

I'd love to have a go at a Midnight IPA, so that's on the cards

Brew both. use the one that works the best, drink the other. I always have a back up for case swaps.

Jump in Barry.

Just put your best foot forward - you don't need to be an AIBA award winner to get in a swap.

Peeps keep this up and I may have to put my money where my mouth is and change my status to swapper… cherry porter sounds pretty good and am quite interested..

If I was to swap.. It will be hippy

Warm and wet sounds more appealing...

Count me in too.. I have been to Breakbeer (Glenn's) place and I think it would be a good location (though a fair f'ing drive for me).

1. Manticle - Wee Heavy (SMASH)
2. Charst
3. Fikuss
4. Meathead
5. WarmBeer
6. breakbeer
7. Vitalstatistix
8. bullsneck
9. Wolfman
10. Shane R
11. Adamski29 - Brown Porter
12. Midnight Brew
13. DarkFaerytales
14. Damn
15. Edak

Non swap attendees

1. Yob
2. Lecterfan (bloody good chance of getting there this time!!!)
3. Fents
4. Grainer (Hope it fits in with Uni gtg to Ballarat for a few weeks)

I will bottle it up in the next week - wait for it to carb up and give it a taste.

If it tastes good to me - I will be back here in a few weeks to see if there is space to add my name to the list.

manticle said:
Jump in Barry.
Barry is a nice name...just not mine

However as Joan Armatrading said...." I love when you call me names"

GrumpyPaul

I'm in the process of lining up a brew buddy for the swap, but he's not an AHB member.
What's the protocol?

Shane R said:
I'm in the process of lining up a brew buddy for the swap, but he's not an AHB member.What's the protocol?
Get him an AHB account!! Haha I'm sure it would be fine

Barry is a nice name...just not mine

However as Joan Armatrading said...." I love when you call me names"

GrumpyPaul
I know. It's an expression like bloke, chief, mate, cobber etc.

Latest posts

Back