VIC: XMAS in July 2013 case swap

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
manticle said:
If you do bottle in glass, there's obviously the expectation that you won't be handing anyone a live grenade.
I copped one from the swap last year. First bottle bomb I've had and not my beer. Glass imbedded in the laundry plaster walls. Wow.

Adamski29 said:
I copped one from the swap last year. First bottle bomb I've had and not my beer. Glass imbedded in the laundry plaster walls. Wow.
This happened to a mate of mine in a Sydney swap a few years back. IMHO, plastic for swaps is better than a glass explosion in your face, and then picking up small pieces of glass for the next month or so that have flown all over your house.

I will be bottling in plastic so if you don't want to swap your glass for plastic, just use plastic.

By the sound of it I will be bottling in plastic also. I have never had a bottle bomb and hope never to have one so it should be some sort of rule to use plastic for a swap. I know that I am thorough and pedantic about everything but I also know that others aren't always the same as myself.

Is there any degradation from using plastic?

start a thread and see if you get any takers Goomba ... or take the boat over

Edak said:
it should be some sort of rule to use plastic for a swap. I know that I am thorough and pedantic about everything but I also know that others aren't always the same as myself.
People should be extra careful with swap bottles, Ive had a couple go bang (from respected brewers too) but fortunately I keep mine in the Garage/Cellar so not much danger to anyone. I'd suggest it's a good idea to keep a lid over any box/crate storing swap bottles regardless, especially if there are little ones about.

Personally Edak, Ive never used plastic in my brewing life... well except for the little one I force carbed for the neighbour.. Im slowly getting rid of my bottle collection a few crates at a time but Ive kept aside a dozen crates of Coopers Longnecks for future swaps.

You can be assured though that they are all very well cleaned, sanitised and inspected if going to other people.

Hi Yob,

I did a count of my Coopers longnecks last night & I'm short by a few bottles. Reckon I could grab some from you when we pick up our grain at the Bulk Buy?

remind me to bring a few the night before mate, with sleep the way it is and everything else, Im likely to forget

Cheers

I did a brew at U-brew it today -- was a present .. could add this in if anyone is interested??? it is a fake hoegarrten.. still in the process of making my brew rig.. most parts on order

Grainer

Decided I'm gonna have a go at the Black IPA, Kooinda's one of my fave's so would love to try & replicate it

1. Manticle - Wee Heavy (SMASH)
2. Charst
3. Fikuss
4. Meathead
5. WarmBeer
6. breakbeer - Black Nelson IPA
7. Vitalstatistix
8. bullsneck
9. Wolfman
10. Shane R
11. Adamski29 - Brown Porter
12. Midnight Brew
13. DarkFaerytales
14. Damn
15. Edak
16. Kahlerisms (tentative)
17. GrumpyPaul (tenative) - Cherry Ripe Porter
Non swap attendees

1. Yob
2. Lecterfan (bloody good chance of getting there this time!!!)
3. Fents
4. Grainer (Hope it fits in with Uni gtg to Ballarat for a few weeks)

1. Manticle - Wee Heavy (SMASH)
2. Charst
3. Fikuss
4. Meathead
5. WarmBeer
6. breakbeer - Black Nelson IPA
7. Vitalstatistix
8. bullsneck
9. Wolfman
10. Shane R
11. Adamski29 - Brown Porter
12. Midnight Brew 13. DarkFaerytales
14. Damn
15. Edak
16. Kahlerisms (tentative)
17. GrumpyPaul (tenative) - Cherry Ripe Porter
18. Shane S

Non swap attendees
1. Yob
2. Lecterfan (bloody good chance of getting
there this time!!!)
3. Fents
4. Grainer (Hope it fits in with Uni gtg to Ballarat
for a few weeks)

So...I am presenting at a conference in Canberra the day before this event. So...will try, but now, it's NOT looking so good.

Correct me if I am wrong, but we will need 25 swappers if bringing a case of 24,otherwise we will be taking our own beer home.

Edak said:
...,otherwise we will be taking our own beer home.
Is that a bad thing???

You need to bring 18 bottles of your own beer. Don't overthink it, we've done this before.

Latest posts

Back