VIC: XMAS in July 2013 case swap

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1. Manticle
2. Charst
3. Fikuss (our house isn't big enough to host unfortunately)
4. Meathead
5. WarmBeer
6. breakbeer
7. Vitalstatistix
8. bullsneck

Non swap attendees

1. Yob
2. Lecterfan (bloody good chance of getting there this time!!!)
3. Fents

1. Manticle
2. Charst
3. Fikuss
4. Meathead
5. WarmBeer
6. breakbeer
7. Vitalstatistix
8. bullsneck
9. Wolfman

Non swap attendees

1. Yob
3. Fents

OK, so I've asked permission from swmbo & she's given the go ahead to host this if you're all up for travelling to Cockatoo?

We have a massive yard, double garage, single & double carports, 3x3m gazebo, 2 tap kegerator, 4 burner bbq, small spit roaster (up to 10kg's), three spare rooms (one with a bed), plenty of space for swags or tents & plenty of music potential (turntables, cdj's, mixer, PA etc)

Have a look on Google Maps, we're near the corner of Bailey Rd & Paternoster Rd in Cockatoo.

I have a single vessel electric brew rig & would be keen to brew a batch on the day. If someone else wants to bring their rig too that's not a problem

Would probably need another spit roaster & a few more beer taps, but other than that we've got most things covered

Can understand if it's too far to travel, just putting my hand up in case no one else offers. swmbo said she'll leave us to it & stay with friends, so no stress about getting on her bad side!

how big is the brew rig? as in how many cubes can be filler from it?

It's my experience that multiple rigs are the norm (mostly with some sort of explosion and or collapse happening)

Pleant of people will bring along portable keg systems...

nowhere is too far to travel for good beer and good company.

:party: (thats Manticle on the right)

It's a 70L pot, but I'm yet to do a double batch on it. Best I've done is back to back single batches

breakbeer said:
OK, so I've asked permission from swmbo & she's given the go ahead to host this if you're all up for travelling to Cockatoo?

We have a massive yard, double garage, single & double carports, 3x3m gazebo, 2 tap kegerator, 4 burner bbq, small spit roaster (up to 10kg's), three spare rooms (one with a bed), plenty of space for swags or tents & plenty of music potential (turntables, cdj's, mixer, PA etc)

Have a look on Google Maps, we're near the corner of Bailey Rd & Paternoster Rd in Cockatoo.

I have a single vessel electric brew rig & would be keen to brew a batch on the day. If someone else wants to bring their rig too that's not a problem

Would probably need another spit roaster & a few more beer taps, but other than that we've got most things covered

Can understand if it's too far to travel, just putting my hand up in case no one else offers. swmbo said she'll leave us to it & stay with friends, so no stress about getting on her bad side!
Sounds good mate.

As mentioned before, the first swap I attended was in Bendigo - it is a VIC case swap not a cbd case swap so jump on it.

As yob mentioned, brewday is usually multiple cubes but people will pitch in with necessary equipment to pad it all out.

Cheers for the offer: I vote sorted.

1. Manticle
2. Charst
3. Fikuss
4. Meathead
5. WarmBeer
6. breakbeer
7. Vitalstatistix
8. bullsneck
9. Wolfman
10. Shane R

Non swap attendees

1. Yob
3. Fents

Looking forward to it!

Speaking of brewday... Whats thoughts? Being July, perhaps something dark for the impending wintery onset?

I have a decent amount of Wey BoPils if it can be used.

1. Manticle
2. Charst
3. Fikuss
4. Meathead
5. WarmBeer
6. breakbeer
7. Vitalstatistix
8. bullsneck
9. Wolfman
10. Shane R

Non swap attendees

1. Yob
3. Fents
4. Grainer (Hope it fits in with Uni gtg to Ballarat for a few weeks)

Looking forward to it!

1. Manticle
2. Charst
3. Fikuss
4. Meathead
5. WarmBeer
6. breakbeer
7. Vitalstatistix
8. bullsneck
9. Wolfman
10. Shane R
11. Adamski29

Non swap attendees

1. Yob
3. Fents
4. Grainer (Hope it fits in with Uni gtg to Ballarat for a few weeks)

Looking forward to it!

Cockatoo sounds perfect to me being a Gembrook boy at heart!

My swap beer is in the cube awaiting fermentation.

manticle said:
Sounds good mate.

As mentioned before, the first swap I attended was in Bendigo - it is a VIC case swap not a cbd case swap so jump on it.

As yob mentioned, brewday is usually multiple cubes but people will pitch in with necessary equipment to pad it all out.

Cheers for the offer: I vote sorted.

I second that vote.

Nice one breakbeer!

Only weekend in July I CAN'T do is the 20th/21st

Back