Vic Xmas In July 2008 Case Swap

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fents, I'm planning on bringing a keg (Munich Helles), got a pluto gun on it. Just need serving gas. Is there room in the fridge for it?

cheers,
Tim

*think i can fit three 19L kegs in the fridge.

If not we'll just make another ice bath for it and we have soda stream bottles setup so its allllll good. cant fricken wait to taste that one tho, my first munich helles! BOH!

Bring this shit on - this time tomoz we should all be feeling a bit more relaxed (apart from poor mr sorter man ;))

There are gonna be a lot of new faces at this swap. Perhaps some stickers and a texta so that we can do the repulsive name tag thing.

Your name and your AHB nick - that way we will know who to chuck stubbies at and who to hug.... nah, hugs all round.

This will also save me at least the embarrassment of forgetting the names of people who I actually have met before.

Sorry to be so damn "mum" about it, but I'm terrible with names.

TB

its ok Mr mum you'll be fine. thanks to haze's i dont remember names either so we'll just have to man up (or mum up) and re introduce ourselves anyways. Like anyones gonna remember names anyway by 3pm. :D

There are gonna be a lot of new faces at this swap. Perhaps some stickers and a texta so that we can do the repulsive name tag thing.

Your name and your AHB nick - that way we will know who to chuck stubbies at and who to hug.... nah, hugs all round.

This will also save me at least the embarrassment of forgetting the names of people who I actually have met before.

Sorry to be so damn "mum" about it, but I'm terrible with names.

TB

I'll bring a permanent marker... bring your forehead and we'll make up some new nicknames...

no textas till their passed out. ;)

and thats just before we install Fents new aircon in his wall for him.

I'll bring the chainsaw and the sledge hammer :D

Thirsty Rook

dont tempt me mate, i have a massive tree i need to get rid off in the school next door so it dosnt keep dropping shit in my gutters..'

hmmm, a chainsaw, 15 pissed blokes and one big tree...

sounds about right. it took 3 sober blokes and a chainsaw at my place (and we still nearly squashed someone). 15 blokes having turns with the chainsaw. sounds like fun (and a lot of fire wood for you fents)

I think we'll put mine and cummins kegs on my two taps at the bar.

Barra - if you have a pluto gun or a picnic tap (peels borrowed mine, he'll bring it if he remembers) and a soda stream bottle, bring it and we'll wack your keg in an ice bin and make it a portable i think. sound ok?

damn i hope the rain holds off.

no probs mate will bring whats required to make it operational as a portable unit minus the ice bin ...

fents how big is your back yard i might be looking for somewhere to roll out my swag after all this festivity ....

god im F'KN gutted about not coming tomorrow. absolutely gutted.

half of me hopes it rains and you all get washed out...then im not missing out on anything! nah have a blast fellas! Im definately coming to xmas caseswap come hell or high water.

Fents...if you go through your special dry hopped beer, Ill have to drop by at some stage to make a shared batch with you.

Just poured my first pot! you guys are gonna have some catching up to do.

feelin a little bit under hydrated were ya fents.....

beer loaded into car , keg, gas and lines in im ready to roll , ive even slept , what more can i ask for ...

A quick nap and everything's rosy again. Cheers Peels and Annette for the lift (both ways), and cheers Fents for a great day. Apologies to Barramundi for flicking hot marinade at him, but other than that I don't think I disgraced myself.
Nice to put some faces to names, good to meet you all.

Fents, you've sold me on that special dry-hopped beer - it was delicious.

Cheers Fents - awesome day, and a great host.
Ripped off that I had to leave so early, and missed out on the special dry-hopped beer (thought I could smell something...)
Anyway, thought I'd post a few photos before I forget - Quite early in the day, so nothing to embarrass anyone.

Great meeting you all, and looking forward to getting through this case!

Hutch.

1.jpg4.jpg
6.jpg2.jpg
7.jpg5.jpg

1.08am. me and ned (barramundi) are stl smashing it. troys passed out by the fire with texta on his forehead (has been viduched) , micks on the hong kongs and theres alot of dribble being spoke. biggups everyone who attended, absolutley rinsed it, props to all. more stories tommorow

sounds like a good day. whos the numpty who stuffed up the swap? (ie didnt bring/dop off their case)??????

Chris dropped mine off last night while Lee? was sleeping it off in the car. gonna crack the first one tonight.

Drinking schedule
1. Peels - Kinda Porta -
2. Fents - Some sort of US Lager
3. Wardhog - Harold- Att
4. Rook - Amber Ale - At
5. Hutch - London (not the) Best Bitter -
6. Andreic - Irish Dry Stout
7. Hairofthedog - Saaz Pilsner
8. Chris Taylor - Weizenbock Att
9. Barramundi - One grain One Hop Ale
10. Haysie- Oatmeal Stout Not
11. Cummins - English Pale Ale -
13- Citymorgue2 - Pride of Porter (Honey Porter) - DRINK ANYTIME (best wait a week though)
14. 65bellett- Best Brown Ale
16. DoppelBrewer - Doppelbock
18. Mark_M - Amarillo / Motueka APA -
19. Alvin Ng - No idea yet
20. mortz - Munich Dunkel -
21. superhero - Milk stout
22. Quintrex/Voota - Coffee Stout Vootas
23. Moonee - Oak Butt Brown Ale - At
24. Leigh - Golden Ale-

Is it just me or does Chris have a touch of the John Howards in that last photo? :D

ouch! bit worse for wear today.

troy (hairofthedog) was clearly in the best form again. good works boys.

great group of guys, fantastic beers all day, nice food (thanks wardy for chef'ing) and weather held off too. perfect.

thanks to thirsty's genourous gifts for everyone too.

woah , well have just mad it home from the case swap , fents i think the new regulations and guidelines puts you me and laurie clearly in the binge drinker category ... post 3am finish wasnt a bad effort i thought ...

on a slightly more serious not , Fents thanks for am absolutely great day, your hosting skills are number 1 , the weather that managed to give us shower free day till well into the night was fantastic , awesome bunch of blokes , great food , thanks to the BBQ attendants throughout the day , thirsty thanks for the gifts you brought along , very appropriate indeed , lastly thanks to Mrs Fents , any wife who opens her house to 20 odd beer drinking lunatics has gotta get points straight up , let alone for the morning cappacino i was handed when i crawled out of fents bar room after a little powernap this morning that hit the spot just right... thanks racheal top stuff ...

thank god i didnt get viduched !!!!

p.s fents , wheres the pics of the keg hugger??

Back