Vic Xmas In July 2008 Case Swap

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1. Peels - No idea yet
2. Fents - second effort kolsch or a Boh Pills
3. Wardhog - Harold
4. Rook - Amber Ale
5. Lucas - Undecided
6. Andreic - Irish Dry Stout
7. Hairofthedog - Saaz Pilsner
8. Chris Taylor - Weizenbock
9. Barramundi - One grain One Hop Ale
10. Haysie- Oatmeal Stout
11. Cummins - No idea yet
12. DFT - belgian dubble
13- Citymorgue2 - black bavarian/Schwarzbier
14. 65bellett- Best Brown Ale
15. Justin T - Dusseldorf Altbier
16. DoppelBrewer - Doppelbock
17. NRB - dunno yet
18. Mark_M - Amarillo / Motueka APA
19. Alvin Ng - No idea yet
20. mortz - Munich Dunkel
21. superhero - Milk stout
22. Quintrex/Voota - Coffee Stout
23. Moonee - Oak Butt Brown Ale
24. Leigh - Golden Ale
25. Hutch - London Best Bitter

Whatever happens, I'm keeping the number 24 as all the bottles are labled front and cap (this is what happens when you're too organised!).

I can't make the 21st, but will drop the brew off before that date.

Not moving the date at all. Still locked in for 21st June.

Bit dissapointing boys.

1. Peels - No idea yet
2. Fents - US Premium
3. Wardhog - Harold
4. Rook - Amber Ale
5. Lucas - Undecided
6. Andreic - Irish Dry Stout
7. Hairofthedog - Saaz Pilsner
8. Chris Taylor - Weizenbock
9. Barramundi - One grain One Hop Ale
10. Haysie- Oatmeal Stout
11. Cummins - No idea yet
12. DFT - belgian dubble
13- Citymorgue2 - black bavarian/Schwarzbier
14. 65bellett- Best Brown Ale
15. Justin T - Dusseldorf Altbier
16. DoppelBrewer - Doppelbock
17. NRB - dunno yet
18. Mark_M - Amarillo / Motueka APA
19. Alvin Ng - No idea yet
20. mortz - Munich Dunkel
21. superhero - Milk stout
22. Quintrex/Voota - Coffee Stout
23. Moonee - Oak Butt Brown Ale
24. Leigh - Golden Ale
25. Hutch - London Best Bitter

2. Fents - US Premium
Fents - The US has premuim beer?!

I'll still talk to you Fents old buddy :p
Rook
I'll still talk to you as well, but only because your making my sausage roll receipe :p

with DFT's departure, there's no belgians in the swap anymore :(

looks like we are having fun sorting at the swap again!

Surely you boys have 24 or something bottled that could be contributed towards the caseswap. We all have accidents. Last swap wasnt my best as my actual swap case got smashed. it was ok though. Although in saying that ive only got 1 brew that I could use for a backup this time round and thats only cause its still in the fermentor.

my swap brew is on target and will hopefully be bottled tomorrow (weather pending) im not bottling in the rain ...

Surely you boys have 24 or something bottled that could be contributed towards the caseswap. We all have accidents.

mmm... not unless i get brewing very #$^*ing quickly, or people are happy getting a bottle of this and a bottle of that... mostly in glass.... don't think it'll work :)

-Phill

Fents - The US has premuim beer?!

I'll still talk to you as well, but only because your making my sausage roll receipe :p

BJCP 2C. Classic American Pilsner. I'll let you decide wether mines a premium.

Funny boy Rookstar. I think we'll both be talking dribble if i have much to do with it ;)

US Pils huh. sounds good to me. I love caseswap. almost as much as I love lamp (sorry couldnt resist).

wow mass exodus.

I think we are down to 21 (if JT pulls out also).

Caseswap date is 21 June. Thats means its only 4.5 weeks away. not 8. Unless Fents/Peels you want to move it to July?

yep ya right morguey the whole xmas in july in june confused the f#%k out of me so its closer to 5 weeks than 8 still plenty of brew day left though

mmm... not unless i get brewing very #$^*ing quickly, or people are happy getting a bottle of this and a bottle of that... mostly in glass.... don't think it'll work :)

-Phill

I though that was the reason why we always end up with a couple of hefeweizens ;) ... only takes a week or so from pitching to bottling.

BTW my weizenbock is not as good as I was hoping ... but I'm not pulling out damn it ... guess I should wait till its bottles and carbonated before I cast too many aspersions on it.

I though that was the reason why we always end up with a couple of hefeweizens ;) ... only takes a week or so from pitching to bottling.

all good, next time i'll make a backup brew and keep it seperate from the other brew.... might be an interesting experiment to brew the same beer in two different locations actually

-Phill

swap brew is bottled and boxed , and all good to go, tasting quite nice into the bottle, now its time for it to grow some fizz ...

all good, next time i'll make a backup brew and keep it seperate from the other brew.... might be an interesting experiment to brew the same beer in two different locations actually

-Phill

dont forget to backup the backup. :p

most the time the brews i f^&k up are the best ones so just bring one your not happy with phil maybe your under rating them

Damn, I was going to be another withdrawal but after reading the posts above I'm going to have to try to fulfill my commitment. I haven't managed a brew since November last year and won't be able to get a brew out that will be able to be opened immediately following the swap.

If I manage to brew this weekend (up at Winton Sunday) then I'll be able to at least have a beer for the swap that might just be carbonated. Otherwise I'm in the shite.

Should I have a go at a Hefe (a style I've never brewed before) in order to get one out fast? I might even have to try an overnight mash in order to bang something out :(

NRB try a wit bier, if it sours in an overnight mash it wouldn't be out of style and there best drunk about 2 or 3 weeks after bottleing IMO. getting a decent yeast might be a problem tho

mmm sour wit *puts it on the to do list for summer*

-Phill

NRB, if you can, definitely go for a Hefe (or a wit).
Simple grain bill, few IBUs, chuck in a Wyeast3068 (no starter necessary), bottle after 5 days, drinking 3 weeks later.

I've only ever made one, and it was a success - great opportunity to have a go at the style IMHO.
DO IT!

Back