Vic Xmas In July 2008 Case Swap

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1. Peels - No idea yet
2. Fents - American Premiuim
3. Wardhog - Harold
4. Rook - Amber Ale
5. Lucas - Undecided
6. Andreic - Irish Dry Stout
7. Hairofthedog - Saaz Pilsner
8. Chris Taylor - Weizenbock
9. Barramundi - One grain One Hop Ale
10. Haysie- Oatmeal Stout
11. Cummins - No idea yet
12. DFT - belgian dubble
13- Citymorgue2 - black bavarian/Schwarzbier
14. 65bellett- Best Brown Ale
15. Justin T - Dusseldorf Altbier
16. DoppelBrewer - Doppelbock
17. NRB - dunno yet
18. Mark_M - APA or Summer Ale (even if it is winter)
19. Alvin Ng - No idea yet
20. mortz - Munich Dunkel
21. superhero - Milk stout
22. Quintrex/Voota - Coffee Stout
23. Moonne - ?
24. Leigh - Golden Ale
25. Hutch - London ESB

Ive updated my contribution.

How did the brew day go Fents?

What yeast did you end up using?

Rook

went smooth as rook. not one thing went wrong albeit i wasnt drinking at the time. gonna throw some s-189 at it tonight. if it tastes half as good as it smells it should go alright.

just put my swap brew into the fermenter , almost a complete disaster , i left the tap on the fermenter open and lost a bit of the precious nectar , thankfully there is enough in the fermenter to fill the swap plastics ...

now just waiting for the yeasties to start eating ...

Hey,

I'll be brewing an 'oak butt brown ale' for the swap this Saturday!

1. Peels - No idea yet
2. Fents - second effort kolsch or a Boh Pills
3. Wardhog - Harold
4. Rook - Amber Ale
5. Lucas - Undecided
12. DFT - belgian dubble
17. NRB - dunno yet
18. Mark_M - APA or Summer Ale (even if it is winter)
23. Moonee - Oak Butt Brown Ale
24. Leigh - Golden Ale
25. Hutch - London ESB

1. Peels - No idea yet
3. Wardhog - Harold
4. Rook - Amber Ale
5. Lucas - Undecided
12. DFT - belgian dubble
17. NRB - dunno yet
18. Mark_M - Amarillo / Motueka APA
24. Leigh - Golden Ale
25. Hutch - London ESB

Listing updated, beer bottled, counting down.

Mark

Hey - nice hop combo Mark! Looking forward to that one :chug:

1. Peels - No idea yet
3. Wardhog - Harold™
4. Rook - Amber Ale
5. Lucas - Undecided
12. DFT - belgian dubble
17. NRB - dunno yet
18. Mark_M - Amarillo / Motueka APA
24. Leigh - Golden Ale
25. Hutch - London Best Bitter

Slight change to my contribution - ended up with 1.044 into primary (extra dilution from NC cube), so changed it to "Best Bitter". Probably going to be a little too hoppy for style, though hopefully still drinkable enough!

FG - 1.013 using Windsor yeast. Nice deep copper color:

beer.jpg

Looking forward to the swap!

Hey,

I brewed the Oak Butt Brown Ale yesterday. Everything went well, although the OG was slightly lower than I had planned, but it smelt and looked great.

Thanks goes to Cummins for making his way out to my place with his mill, even though he was still fairly intoxicated from the night before! We had to make a quick stop on the side of the road when I was giving him a lift home! lol I owe you one bud!

I brewed my Alt yesterday. And for once I hit my target OG.

Thankyou for repeating that story moonee. My memory of bringing the mill over is a bit of a blur!

I just brewed my swap beer yesterday, all went well. I winged/wung the recipe but I'd say its an English Pale Ale. Should be good.

OK, I had a "quality control" tasting of my case contribution tonight. My wife said "mmmm.... that's really good!" I'm happy with it. No need to change my planned beer this time. Should still be good come swap day and following weeks.

Looking forward to it now. I'm keen to attend swap day but I might have to be at my oldest son's birthday party. When's swap day kick off? If its an afternoon thing maybe we can try and plan for a morning birthday party and I can still make it...

cheers, Andrei

Ok finally the Weizenbock is under way ... even got the planned OG (1.075) with a little help from Mr Sugar ( yes I know its evil, but it tastes so good ).

Trying a few new techniques to get a more prominent yeast character from the Wyeast 3333 this time.

Hi all,

Unfourtunately my contribution to the case swap has become infected, so I will not be able to participate this time around. Maybe in Christmas

Hi all,

Unfourtunately my contribution to the case swap has become infected, so I will not be able to participate this time around. Maybe in Christmas

bad luck with ya infection JT but youve still got 8 weeks to put another brew down dont give up now mate it il b a top day & ya sure 2 @ least take home a couple of ripper beers in ya case mate keep ya chin up & punch out another case batch. see ya there

bad luck with ya infection JT but youve still got 8 weeks to put another brew down dont give up now mate it il b a top day & ya sure 2 @ least take home a couple of ripper beers in ya case mate keep ya chin up & punch out another case batch. see ya there

I thought it was only 4 weeks away...

Cracked one of my Golden Ales this week...a bit low on the carbonation at this stage (should improve over the next month), but it was certainly one of my best...I'm actually a little saddened at the thought of giving most of it away :(

Ah well, I just look forward to the great beers that I will receive.

(Chin up JT :( , I was looking forward to the alt but there's always next time).

Sorry guys, I'm gonna have to pull out too. I've been stupidly busy this semester with Uni and work so I havent had a chance to brew anything yet (I had a wheat beer I was considering putting but it's mostly been drunken already). with the list of assignments I have due in the next month, I'm going to be too flat out to fit in enough sleep, let alone brewing

hate to do this but i'm going to have to join the popular trend and pull out as well, i'm just not happy with my beers at the moment. there not swap worthy. i get the feeling i have a bug in my brewery somewhere. time for a cleanout. i'll be in at christmas tho.

hopefully you guys can find a few people to take our places

-Phill

So, how many are we down to?

I've been looking at these bottles of Harold for weeks now, I'm damned if they're not going to swapped.

wow mass exodus.

I think we are down to 21 (if JT pulls out also).

Caseswap date is 21 June. Thats means its only 4.5 weeks away. not 8. Unless Fents/Peels you want to move it to July?

Back