Vic July 2012 Caseswap!

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wouldn't need to change the ingredients much for the pale (same hops, grains etc) - just different yeast and proportions.

I also have a OTS element that I can bring. Let me know.

Please do bring yours, I think I reduced the service life of mine last night... I unknowingly left my element on when tooling about with my HEX and only found out at 1am when the power tripped... I went out to the shed and it had boiled the pot almost dry :( <_<

I wouldnt be surprised if it did go bang on the day... I will test it tonight but is probably a good idea to have the spare handy.

Yob

Please do bring yours, I think I reduced the service life of mine last night... I unknowingly left my element on when tooling about with my HEX and only found out at 1am when the power tripped... I went out to the shed and it had boiled the pot almost dry :( <_<

I wouldnt be surprised if it did go bang on the day... I will test it tonight but is probably a good idea to have the spare handy.

Yob

Hope it's alright mate. I'll bring mine along.

We'll need two minimum if we're going to step mash in Fents' esky. The malt profile won't be there if we don't (although a decoction or two might add to the fun).

a decoction you say? Fancy that you mad scientist :lol:

Capture.JPG

Shall I also bring a spare gas bottle? methinks it might not be a bad idea if we do go down that road...

Yeah. I've updated the article with a list of specific ingredients and extra equipment so if people can put their names next to what they can contribute or bring and how much of each ingredient, that would be good.

If Tripper's system is only 2 cubes, we might as well keep it simple and just brew the one big beer across both systems unless anyone crazily disagrees?

Yeah. I've updated the article with a list of specific ingredients and extra equipment so if people can put their names next to what they can contribute or bring and how much of each ingredient, that would be good.

sorted, I will be driving over so will be easily able to bring the assorted bits and bobs.

Ive got my list started B)

:icon_cheers:

If Tripper's system is only 2 cubes, we might as well keep it simple and just brew the one big beer across both systems unless anyone crazily disagrees?

If we do the Belgian Pale we can knock out 55 Litres (3 cubes) and a couple of litres for a starter on my system. I think its a better idea to brew a lower OG beer to produce an extra cube for someone. What do people think? But at the same time im not too fussed what people decide to do.
Cheers
Trip

Most certainly is... leftover spit roast and eggs fro brekkie?

What about a fire pit? Im pretty sure a fire is compulsory for a case swap ?

I can chuck a bit of fire wood in the back too if needed?

Most certainly is... leftover spit roast and eggs fro brekkie?

What about a fire pit? Im pretty sure a fire is compulsory for a case swap ?

I can chuck a bit of fire wood in the back too if needed?

Of course mate. Fire is essential, already sorted. A little extra wood would be great.
Cheers

If we do the Belgian Pale we can knock out 55 Litres (3 cubes) and a couple of litres for a starter on my system. I think its a better idea to brew a lower OG beer to produce an extra cube for someone. What do people think? But at the same time im not too fussed what people decide to do.
Cheers
Trip

let's do a vote with the cubers

Biere de garde (7 cubes) or biere de garde (5 cubes) and Belgian pale (3 cubes)

manticle: Biere de garde (7 cubes but happy to be outvoted)
Trippers: Biere de garde (5 cubes) Belgian pale (3 cubes)
fents
Leigh
Iamozziyob
Charst
Wolfman

fents
Leigh
Iamozziyob
Charst
Wolfman: Biere de garde (happy to purchase any left over yeast)

fents : Biere de garde (7 cubes but happy to be outvoted)
Leigh
Iamozziyob
Charst

fents : Biere de garde (7 cubes but happy to be outvoted)
Leigh
Iamozziyob
Charst

Dont count my vote fellas, im not actually down for a cube anyhow. Looks like your goin for the 7 Biere de gardes. Fent better give me a taste of his.......

Below is the recipe i suggest on my system. I just dropped the grain bill slightly to ensure it all fits nicely. My system will produce 3 cubes at approx 6%. Open to any suggestions. Are people happy if the colour is slightly out. I can up it if you like

What is the mash schedule for this beer?

Biere De garde
Brew Type: All Grain Date: 27/06/2012
Style: Biere de Garde Brewer: TRIPPERS BAR & BREWERY
Batch Size: 55.00 L Assistant Brewer:
Boil Volume: 72.11 L Boil Time: 90 min
Brewhouse Efficiency: 75.0 % Equipment: TRIPPERS BREWERY

Ingredients Amount Item Type % or IBU
12.00 kg Pilsner (Weyermann) (1.7 SRM) Grain 86.3 %
0.70 kg Munich I (Weyermann) (7.1 SRM) Grain 5.0 %
0.70 kg Vienna Malt (3.5 SRM) Grain 5.0 %
0.50 kg Biscuit (Dingemans) (22.5 SRM) Grain 3.6 %
35.00 gm Styrian Goldings [5.40%] (60 min) Hops 10.6 IBU
50.00 gm Styrian Goldings [5.40%] (30 min) Hops 9.0 IBU
35.00 gm Saaz [3.50%] (60 min) Hops 6.9 IBU
50.00 gm Saaz [3.50%] (30 min) Hops 5.9 IBU
20.00 gm Saaz [3.50%] (0 min) Hops -
20.00 gm Styrian Goldings [5.40%] (0 min) Hops -
Yeast? To be provided by Manticle

Beer Profile Estimated Original Gravity: 1.059 SG (1.060-1.080 SG) Measured Original Gravity: 1.063 SG
Estimated Final Gravity: 1.015 SG (1.012-1.018 SG) Measured Final Gravity: 1.016 SG
Estimated Color: 5.1 SRM (6.0-19.0 SRM) Color [Color]
Bitterness: 28 IBU (20.0-30.0 IBU) Alpha Acid Units: 2.1 AAU
Estimated Alcohol by Volume: 5.8 % (6.0-8.0 %) Actual Alcohol by Volume: 6.1 %

TEMP: 55/62/68/72/78
TIME: 5/15/45/10/10

Decoct twice after the 62 step, nice and thick and add back in towards the end steps (one for 72, one for 78). Can alternatively just step.

TEMP: 55/62/68/72/78
TIME: 5/15/45/10/10

Decoct twice after the 62 step, nice and thick and add back in towards the end steps (one for 72, one for 78). Can alternatively just step.

Cool, we will be able to just step it up on my system right though to mash out.
Cheers
The strike water will be ready nice and early mate

Back