[vic] Grain Bulk Buy

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
mxd : vic45 will be picking up my grain and i will get it off him later.

Thanks for the offer pmash but the grain at Ballarat is a better option.

Thanks all
Kleiny

just reminder pickup is Satdy 16th between 9 and 10 am

see ya then,

Matt

just reminder pickup is Satdy 16th between 9 and 10 am

see ya then,

Matt
Matt,
My Mrs is that pregnant , that she is about to pop any day now....if bub comes on Saturday or before , my order will will be picked up by John Kingston ( who is an older bloke with a big grey moustache and the President of Westgate brewers )
If i don't get down there on Saturday , my sincere thanks for organising this.
Regards
Ferg

just the reminder it's tomorrow pick up, see you all then.

Hi guys:

I am stuck and am meant to be collecting for myself and Hammo a total of 5 bags.

Can someone collect the bags and I will grab them Sunday? I am in Caulfield so ideally someone within a 'reasonable' distance. At this point, however, anyone who can help out would be appreciated. I'll be off email till tomorrow eve so please SMS me on 0430516576 if you can help out. I'll make it worth your time.

Thanks in advance,

Reuven

I can help you out, and I'm just down the road. Will send you an SMS.

Brett

Hi guys:

I am stuck and am meant to be collecting for myself and Hammo a total of 5 bags.

Can someone collect the bags and I will grab them Sunday? I am in Caulfield so ideally someone within a 'reasonable' distance. At this point, however, anyone who can help out would be appreciated. I'll be off email till tomorrow eve so please SMS me on 0430516576 if you can help out. I'll make it worth your time.

Thanks in advance,

Reuven

Did anyone pick up a bag of Weyermann Weizen by mistake? There didn't seem to be one there at 09:30.

Hi All,

There was no extra bags left so someone may have taken an extra bag (please all look), but as I checked all pick-ups I don't think that would be the case, it could be a missing bag in the order.

If you find you have an extra bag please respond to the forum.

I will speak to John on Monday to see what we can do and will PM you (hogshead) with a solution.

Thanks all and thanks to those who gave me some beer :drinks: :drinks:

Matt

If you PM me your address mxd I'll send you those beers I forgot to bring. Bloody things were sittin right at the door when I got home. So I nearly remembered em'

If you PM me your address mxd I'll send you those beers I forgot to bring. Bloody things were sittin right at the door when I got home. So I nearly remembered em'

that's fine mate, I don't expect it and it's a pleasure to receive.

The Western Victoria order is all accounted for - over 550kgs of grain in one hit in a low riding XH falcon has got to be some kind of record!!!

Thanks again MXD, we must do this again sometime :icon_chickcheers:

Double checked my order and no extra/wrong bags. Not hard to check, I only got 3 bags! Thanks for organising this mxd :icon_cheers:

Thanks mxd. Well organised once again.

Cracked up six kilos of my marris when I got home for the oatmeal stout planned tomorrow. Also the first time using victory so we'll see how similar it is to biscuit.

Ok I think I figured out the how there could be 1 bag missing.

Someone ordered a wheat (lets assume best) that was out of stock, so we then swapped that for a Weyermann Weizen, I bet the order (to G+G supplier) wasn't updated to add the extra bag of Weyermann Weizen.

I will speak to John on monday

cheers all

Matt

P.S I'll be doing this one tomorrow.

Recipe: Brown Porter
Brewer: Matt
Asst Brewer:
Style: Brown Porter
TYPE: All Grain
Taste: (35.0)

Recipe Specifications
--------------------------
Batch Size: 60.00 L
Boil Size: 69.35 L
Estimated OG: 1.051 SG
Estimated Color: 21.9 SRM
Estimated IBU: 31.0 IBU
Brewhouse Efficiency: 80.00 %
Boil Time: 60 Minutes

Ingredients:
------------
Amount Item Type % or IBU
9.00 kg Maris Otter (Crisp) (4.0 SRM) Grain 72.58 %
1.70 kg Brown Malt (65.0 SRM) Grain 13.71 %
1.40 kg Crystal (Joe White) (72.0 SRM) Grain 11.29 %
0.30 kg Chocolate Malt (Joe White) (381.0 SRM) Grain 2.42 %
160.00 gm Fuggles [4.50 %] (60 min) Hops 28.8 IBU
25.00 gm Fuggles [4.50 %] (15 min) Hops 2.2 IBU
15.00 gm Chalk (Mash 60.0 min) Misc

No worries Matt, I'm sure it will all work out fine.
Thanks for sticking your neck out and organising the buy.

Latest posts

Back