[vic] Grain Bulk Buy

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ah. So like at the baths then? Cool. I've got the etiquette down. Cheers.

so does this mean we get to meet the almighty bum?!?! Or will you be a phantom in the shadows?! :p

I'll be the top.

Nah, I'll be about for a bit. I won't pull any ninja moves. I've not yet been to G&G so I'll wanna check that out and there's stuff I wanna grab as well. Will probably check out the demo/war for a bit too. Anyone who especially wants to say hi/take a swing can PM and I'll give you some vague indication of how to spot me? Although you can just probably look for the bloke touching cocks 'til he finds some grain.

[EDIT: included slightly less useless info]

Cheers Manticle...will throw my meat hook scales in, but not looking forward to holding 12 1/2 kg's aloft lol

In my experience, some people are in and out of the bb's in a flash, others hang about and chew the fat a bit...I should be around for the best part of an hour...

What time are you going to be there Manticle and others
I was planning on landing around 9 ish

cheers
bjay

There'll be a pallet of grain in the carpark and a bloke standing next to it. Various people might approach him, shake his hand and pick up sacks of malt to carry to their car.

That bloke will be MXD. Give him a beer.

Hey bud,

Ive got cricket training at 10:30 in Thornbury so i'll want to get in, get out. What time are you anticipating getting there to split the vienna?

Hi Guys,

thanks for making this sooo easy, heard from all, 1 payment on the wire, so it all done.

thanks again.

Could you please check the spreadsheet for your order as that's what you will be getting :)

The pickup G+G 28th August, between 10am and 1pm.

I will be bringin home, Mine, Shimples, Supra-Jims. I am in Mulgrave so if I can assist others please let me know.

thanks again.

Matt

View attachment 40052

Given Matt's gonna be there from 10, that's the time I was aiming for...

Hi All pickup is between 9 and 10,

Sorry I should have checked that before.
As there is the Brew Wars on they need the room.

Sorry about that.

Let me know if this is an issue.

cheers
Matt

I'll be there bright and early... aiming to get over and pick up the grain at 9am, head home to sunny Mooroolbark, then back in to the city to watch the Hawks smash the Pies at the MCG (2:10 kick off)

Anyone who is splitting with me - I should be getting picked up at around 8.30 so looking at hopefully 9am for pick up/splits. My scales weigh up to 10kg.

I'll be there around 8:30 banging on the door :).

If you need anything let me know. I think my number was on a mail ?

If you can't make it let me know and I will bring it home.

See you Saturday morning.

Given Matt's gonna be there from 10, that's the time I was aiming for...
Looks like Matt's gonna be there from 8:30. Does 9 sound good to split that carapils?

^Thanks guys, 9am it is then (works better for me anyway :) )

see you all tomorrow, for those picking up for others please let me know who you are and who the other is :)

Nice to meet you today, Matt. Thanks heaps for organising.

PMed.

Thanks Matt and those I split with. easy day, well organised.

Sorry to anyone I chatted to for being in a rush.

Very nicely organised Matt... just got back with a boot load of grain and everything went incredibly smoothly.

Edit: I just carried all the bags out of the car and realised that I've got an extra JW trad ale malt. Is someone short a bag?

Big thanks to MXD for organising this one. And cheers to Grain & Grape for coming to the party with some ripper prices.

Sampled some of the pilsener at the shopdemo inside and it was a top drop. Something to aspire to for me in my brewing (particularly now I have two bags of JW pils - plenty of stuff to practice with :lol: ).

Grabbed some grain also for BeerKrout so by the time we left we were riding low with 11.5 sacks stuffed in the car. Wicked!

Plenty of brewing to be had by all now! Gotta get my pre-grand final and summer drinkin' lists sorted!

Cheers and thanks to all,

Hopper.

Well done Matt, nice to finally meet you. Good to catch up with the boys again, I missed the last couple of Melb Brewer meetings but I plan on being at the next one. Manticle, your Smoked Porter just went into the fridge. Yes I did notice you didn't hang around long.................snobby *******! :D

Thanks to Matt for running this grain buy, I didn't stick around but it looked well organised.

thanks all, it was organised chaos at it's best. thanks for the yummy beers and a mt hood rhinzone.

cheers all.

I think there was only 2 mishaps.

Beerdingo is on his way to my place to pick up his grain and melovebeer has an extra bag that's been all sorted

thanks again everyone, it was really easy

cheers
Matt

Latest posts

Back