Vic Floor Malted Barley - EOI

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Any confirmation on NFH shipping to the mainland? When I got in contact with Bill from NFH a few months ago he said he was only able to sell malt in Tasmania and due to the demand only to home brewers when he could :(

blair said:
When I got in contact with Bill from NFH a few months ago he said he was only able to sell malt in Tasmania and due to the demand only to home brewers when he could :(
That's very unfortunate to hear and has sealed my opinions as stated in the Sydney BB thread.

As far as quarantine goes there is no restriction on shipping processed cereal products from TAS to NSW. It must be the demand.. But that wasn't there before we all agreed to buy his product which was supposed to be one of the first runs.

It's great to see an Aussie product doing so well that they are hiring new staff, but I'm definitely not buying from someone who ignores around 100 customers and around 12T of orders for months, especially when our response probably gave a bit of confidence to actually know his product was desired in the market.

Honestly, I wish NFH all the best. Did I want the malt? Yes! Triple yes! But there's plenty of malt in the world. I get where you're coming from Kono, but the reality of business is you have to service your sustaining market first, and that's the Tassie craft brewers, for NFH. He needs to know his business will be sustainable, and it's not the homebrewer market that is holding up the world malt supply. Frustrating? Yes, bit of a bummer, but as someone who spent three years researching and working on a business plan for a group of craft maltings, I'm at least familiar with the economics involved. If he doesn't get his feet under him ASAP, there will be no selling to any brewers in the future, much less home brewers. Maltings are not cheap to build, and shipping and transportation can kill you. I'm good for a few more years waiting. 7-year bulk buy? I'm still in.

Kono said:
That's very unfortunate to hear and has sealed my opinions as stated in the Sydney BB thread.

As far as quarantine goes there is no restriction on shipping processed cereal products from TAS to NSW. It must be the demand.. But that wasn't there before we all agreed to buy his product which was supposed to be one of the first runs.

It's great to see an Aussie product doing so well that they are hiring new staff, but I'm definitely not buying from someone who ignores around 100 customers and around 12T of orders for months, especially when our response probably gave a bit of confidence to actually know his product was desired in the market.
Really?
seems a tad self entitled mate...
He came to the realization that he was struggling just to meet his local orders, let alone putting in the effort to ship to you

Self entitled? No way. I simply would have liked him to come into the threads and make an update stating he is meeting local orders and give the new expected time frame/cancel the order, if a business can't give me the product or notify me of changed to the schedule I'll go somewhere else, and so will a lot of people. It's understandable to service the local market, but that's why you don't propose to ship it to people interstate you can't deliver it, and when circumstances change, how about telling them?

If I had to chase up anyone from Harvey Norman etc to find out info relating to a product I had agreed to purchase, I'd be just as unhappy and so would you no doubt, small business usually gives BETTER service even if it is slower sometimes, it's not usually no service or they fail.

NFH has set up something that will develop the Tassie craft beer scene with his maltings which in turn helps brewers down there with dreams like ours to open breweries. Yeah we may be left out because we were behind his demand but lets remember he does have a business to run and would be under incredible pressure even to meet local demand in Tassie. Naturally it is going to take time for his business to settle in, grow and then floruish.

I will happily wait, but with fairness I think it's safe to say this BB is closed.

$0.02

Latest posts

Back