• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

The Great Taswegian Giveaway

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lord Raja Goomba I

Prisoner of Sobriety
Reaction score
As some of you may know or have surmised, we are headed back to Brisbane in the nearish future.

Accordingly, some of my beer related stuff needs to go.

So I'll list the stuff I remember I have, and you can contact me and come and get it. It's free. That's right, gratis, no-cost, nothing required from you.

I have offered some of this to brewers I know but this is basically what hasn't been dibbsed by them:

Spec malts in .5-4kg lots - mainly some Caramunich II, with misc bags of roasted barley, black patent, chocolate malt, crystal, and the like. Obviously a partials or all grain brewer would get the best use of it.

Wheat malt (I reckon there's about 4-5kg) and rye malt (about the same)

3 fermenters, one of them is for sours, with racking tube (not a sophisticated one).

Various beer bottles, mainly tallies, crown and twist, with some 500-640ml thrown in for good measure. Crown seals (note, that the sour fermenter and beer bottles are subject to me getting around to bottling the last beer I have).

2 x 5L carboys (they are currently filled as above, I'll have to bottle this weekend). There are some 2L sherry bottles as well, which are great for making starters or 'oaking' a small amount of beer as experiments.

3 x yeast slurries (hey, just putting it out there). M79 which is about 3 weeks' old and 1st gen, 2 x BRY97 which is a week old. I use these within 2 months without rinsing or building a starter and they take off like the clappers. If no-one wants these, I'll chuck them.

I have some 20L food grade buckets that hold the grain and some plastic crates that comfortably take 2 x 25kg bags of grain.

Finally, my 2 x Big W pots and the bucket in bucket lauter (it's the one in the video on the thread). I really want this to go to a kit or extract or partials brewer looking to step up to AG, but may be a little cautious about jumping on $$$$ worth of equipment. I don't really want this going to someone who's already brewing AG and got lots of stuff, and just wants the pots to supplement an existing brewery. Think about it as sharing the AHB brewlove and information.

I'm keeping my hops and packet yeasts, sorry. These fit in a coolbag and go back to Qld with me.

If there's anything else I can think of, I'll let you know.

Items located at Shearwater (near the new Woolies at Port Sorell). May be able to deliver to Devonport if I'm in town, but don't count on it. I'm in and out this weekend, so it'll be a matter of when I check my PMs and text back.

Tight arse- keeping the hops. No wonder you didnt fit in down here. B) See ya next weekend, I will bottle a couple for us to have a fitting send off.
Cheers
LB

I think it is incredibly generous of you giving Tasmania away for free! You're a true philanthropist. Good luck up north (and I hope you're not expecting too much of your newly adopted footy team this year).

Not newly adopted footy team, they've always been my footy team. I'm just returning home.

Looks like the board made the right decision in Hooking Griffin.

At least the Roar are still going well.

Good on ya Goomba, keeping the spirit of AHB *gear free to a new home alive!

all over the country :D

*ed

Wherever you go you leave a trail of well worn used brewing stuffs... love it

Trailblazing dodgy equipment Aus-wide!

Nearly 50kg of grain already got a home, 2 glass carboys and 3 fermenters.

I want someone to get the 2 pots and start their AG journey.

Otherwise, it's just stuff. :)

I was back in Bris last weekend Goomba. The warm weather struck me as pleasant and I was thinking this place isn't as bad as I remember.......Until I got stuck in traffic on the SE freeway.......heading INTO town from Tambourine at about 3:00 on a Friday arvo. By comparison I did about 400km round trip today and the only hazards I encountered where the odd icy patch (snows almost all gone in the highlands now) and some stock on the Lake Hwy. Reckon I'll stay here.

Best of luck back there though, hope all goes well.

Latest posts

Back