Vic Floor Malted Barley - EOI

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yob

Hop to it
Reaction score
Allrighty gents, what we have here is an opportunity.. both of the freshest malted barley you can get ya grubby hands on as well as the opportunity to help a start up small business get momentum.

One of our own, Not For Horses is starting to do his own Malting, he can jump in on this and add such things as specs and answer specific questions that anyone has, what Im offering is to be the point contact in Vic for a Bulk Buy, this is in no way a commercial thing for me, Im offering my services as coordinator gratis just to help the lad get moving.

Based on some communication Ive had with NFH, heres the Rub..

We want to get a pallet over, that's 40 sacks of grain, 30 minimum but 40 would be nice. It'll be organized for pickup on a single day, Saturday the blah blah..

I'm not equipped to store grains for long periods of time in the cellar which is the only spot to store a pallet of grain.

Sacks are $60 (If I understand correctly, the equivalent of MO or some such)

If NFH can jump in and add some specs on the malts he's producing it'd go a long way to getting discussion moving.

Yob: 2

Running total: 2

Man, you are a sucker for punishment. What happened to swearing off bulk buys??

Yob: 2
AJ80: 1

Running total: 3

Edit: thanks for being the coordination point!

Sounds like you need a home brew then ;-)

Eoi from me although it's ages till my next brew and I have malt coming out every orifice.

Ducatiboy stu said:
Be nice to get some up here. Willing to give it a crack
If there is a collection point up there I'm sure it can be organised with him

Manticle, this'll probably take a while to mount so plenty of time.. Bring ya malt round and punch out a triple batch ;)

Yob said:
If there is a collection point up there I'm sure it can be organised with him

Manticle, this'll probably take a while to mount so plenty of time.. Bring ya malt round and punch out a triple batch ;)
Be interesting to see what Auspost charge for a sack from Melb to Gods country...

No stu, bulk rate will be better per sack, he's done some numbers, wasn't too bad..

Cough.. Needs to chime in about now... :)

Yob said:
No stu, bulk rate will be better per sack, he's done some numbers, wasn't too bad..

Cough.. Needs to chime in about now... :)
You talking just delivery....thats my issue

Dont care what the actual sack costs.....

Just built a new mill stand so its game on.. :chug:

Might even buy 2...but freight will kill.....

Geez I must sleep at different hours to you blokes.
So the deal is that I can get decent freight for a pallet (40 bags or close enough) and as a bulk buy I'll be chucking freight in at a reduced rate.
The grain will be my 85Ale, which is a slightly higher kilned tradional ale malt around 5-6EBC. It has a subtle nutty/toasty flavour and aroma and works really well in my US and UK beers.
I can't give a lot of details in terms of the malt specs (that equipment costs more than a house in some parts of Tas) but our guys here get the same efficiency as any other commercial base.
The grain will malted to order in my shiny new malthouse. Note: not that shiny.
I'll also send you some pics of us malting your actual grain!
I'd like to make the same offer on a pallet quantity to other areas as well but they should probably have their own thread.

Ed: perhaps I should add the prices for other areas. Adl/syd:$65 Bris:$67. Note those are inclusive of gst and freight.

Latest posts

Back