Vic Brewers Xmas Case Swap 22/11/08

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Choose a date that best suits you all Saturdays

• 1st November

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 8th November

• 15th November

• 22nd November

• 29th November

• Dont have a preference

• Total voters
Well as a starting point to the yeast propagation topic, here is a link to a slide pack a presented at one of the Melbourne Brewers meetings, with a few updates.

Note most of it has been pilfered from reputable sources from people who actually know what I they are talking about.

If you have any improvements or corrections please post them on the thread.

Cheers

Chris

CM2
- can play the harmonica
- also loves sitting on the porch
- owns a gun
- loves scareing off new people and his sister's boyfriends.

back on topic...
no idea what time im getting there rook. whatever the consensus is I'll probably match that. I'd say Maple is the same. Happy to turn up whenever on the saturday. im thinking though we might want to do the swap in daylight. less chance of stuffing it up.

+1 for swap in day light (and before everyone gets legless)

CM2 did you want to carpool with me and superhero?

We also have room for one more that lives north to north eastern suburbish (somewhere between Preston and Mooroolbark)

Well as a starting point to the yeast propagation topic, here is a link to a slide pack a presented at one of the Melbourne Brewers meetings, with a few updates.

Note most of it has been pilfered from reputable sources from people who actually know what I they are talking about.

If you have any improvements or corrections please post them on the thread.

Cheers

Chris

.. and now that I have worked out you really can attach files to posts

(note to self, post first drink beer second, not the other way around)

presentation is attached to this post

View attachment beer_yeast_propagation_4.ppt

Okay there are still 4 brewers who have NOT updated the sheet, it's not that hard to do so.

Reg
mark_m
Quintrex
Dopplebrewer

Are you blokes attending or not as i need to organise the meat soonish

This is the only link to update

Link

Rook

Sorry about the lack of communication Rook, have now updated the sheet - not attending at this stage.
I've only been home 1 week out of the last 8 so have some other things I need to attend to.
Will bottle my contribution when I get home early next week (currently sitting in Copenhagen airport having a Tuborg, waiting for a connection).
Will let you know if plans change.
Cheers
Mark

Just bottled mine today.

Since I will not be attending Rooks place to wreak havoc, is there someone willing to take my beers up?

I can drop off or pick up can be arranged.

cheers
johnno

So it's the full 24 as per wiki and not as the posted lists in this thread?

Just bottled mine today.

Since I will not be attending Rooks place to wreak havoc, is there someone willing to take my beers up?

I can drop off or pick up can be arranged.

cheers
johnno
Johnno,
What suburb are you in?
I may be able to help.
Reg

Reg,
in Werribee area.

cheers
johnno
I too am in werribee.
I can take your case but cant guarantee all 24 beers will make it back :icon_cheers:

PM me and we can organise pick up etc.

all bottled, glad i only have to do it twice a year. not long to go now looking forward to some qaulity drinking time.

my replacement contribution is going great guns. the airlock is blowing away and i got it cool fermenting at about 16C (trying to replicate some of the lager characteristics in my ale). shouldnt be a bad replacement. although it will probabyl need another week in the bottle after the swap befoire drinking.

bring on thew swap.

I will PM everyone shortly with a google map and my phone number, feel free to ring me if you have problems working out the map.

Can you do a bulk PM?

Rook

yep u can, just keep adding recipent names in the big box.

Sorry chaps, haven't had time to brew the case swap beer this time around :unsure: , so count me out. Next time maybe.

a shame dopple - hmmmm cmaybe you could have said something earlier so another person could participate.

ok anyone else want to take up a late vacancy spot?

Rook - thanks for the map - ive picked out my patch of dirt to pass out on :). you werent kidding about living just off the hume hwy were you!

well my brew is all bottled up and ready to make its way up the hume , tasted ok into the bottle too ,,,
see you all next weekend

Went to bottle today and found it was not quite finished.
Must be something about aeration.

Anyway have racked to Secondary and will bottle on Sunday.

Therefore mine wont be ready to drink till a couple of weeks after the swap.

Hope its alright its only my second AG batch.. :icon_drool2:

I got your message OK too thanks ROOK.

If I get too legless or enjoy myself too much let me say thanks in advance for putting the case swap on and the tucker.
Look forward to meeting a few blokes and having a beer or three.

Cheers

Who is actually staying the night so i can organise breaky

Rook

Back