Vic Brewers Xmas Case Swap 22/11/08

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Choose a date that best suits you all Saturdays

• 1st November

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 8th November

• 15th November

• 22nd November

• 29th November

• Dont have a preference

• Total voters
On Saturday I will be bringing up a keg, gas bottle, regulator and bronco tap.

I always have problems when I gas up a keg so normally just gas up over a couple of weeks.
I am running low at the moment so would be interested to see someone gas my keg up to see how it is done properly.
All I have done is fill the keg with beer and filled the dead space with gas.

Any takers to show me their quick gassing methods?

Cheers
Reg

On Saturday I will be bringing up a keg, gas bottle, regulator and bronco tap.

I always have problems when I gas up a keg so normally just gas up over a couple of weeks.
I am running low at the moment so would be interested to see someone gas my keg up to see how it is done properly.
All I have done is fill the keg with beer and filled the dead space with gas.

Any takers to show me their quick gassing methods?

Cheers
Reg

reg, i have a spare tap in the beer fridge at the moment so don't worry about bringing anything except for the keg of beer.

Rook

reg, i have a spare tap in the beer fridge at the moment so don't worry about bringing anything except for the keg of beer.

Rook
OK
I have to warn everybody though it is my first AG batch.
Fermented at the same time as my 2nd.

Havent tried it yet so hopefully OK
be good to get some feedback

sorry rooky i wont be able to attend on satdy as my wife finally popped my son out today & a overnight drinking fest 5 days after a birth could have serious repercusions :eek: il still be in the case swap but hopefully fents can take my swap beers with him ( fentsy can you take my swap beers with you ?) sorry about late notice rook but il catch you for a beer in a couple of weeks anyway & il put my hand up to host the next swap to try make up for it cheers fellers & happy drinking :chug:

sorry rooky i wont be able to attend on satdy as my wife finally popped my son out today & a overnight drinking fest 5 days after a birth could have serious repercusions :eek: il still be in the case swap but hopefully fents can take my swap beers with him ( fentsy can you take my swap beers with you ?) sorry about late notice rook but il catch you for a beer in a couple of weeks anyway & il put my hand up to host the next swap to try make up for it cheers fellers & happy drinking :chug:

Congratulations hairofthedog ... you better drink one for each us attending the swap in way of celebration ;) (the baby usually sleeps most of the time for the first week or so anyway) :party:

Well I tried my contribution to the case swap again last night, and I have to admit that it is not nearly as good as it was a month ago (when it took out second place at the nationals).

Seems this Ringwood ale yeast has kept going in the bottle and has developed a distinct "perfume" flavour that does not really add to the overall experience.
It is not infected or have any other of the normal issues, its just odd.

Well I guess it will be learning experience for what not to try for a case swap.

Next time I will stick to a yeast that I actually have some experience with. :(

And I suggest that it gets drunk reasonably quickly, before it has a chance to change further.

think some concrete in the morning coffee is whats required here... HTFU !!

nah seriously troy congrats , youll be missed at the swap no doubt , but the time to spend with your new son is whats important now, just plan things a little better in future so any further births dont clash with xmas in july or xmas swaps.....

congrats , im sure we can manage to have a drink for ya mate , cya next time !

congrats troy, hope all's well, thanks for the txt, i'll bell ya and come grab ya case to take up.

quintrex dropped of cases last night so we are all loaded ready to go.

outlook's not looking great :

Forecast for Friday
Cloudy. Isolated showers. Winds southwesterly averaging 20 to 35 km/h.
CityFew showers.Min14Max20

Forecast for Saturday
Partly cloudy. Isolated showers. Winds west to southwesterly averaging up to 35 km/h tending southerly up to 25 km/h during the evening.
CityShower or two.Min11Max18

Forecast for Sunday
Morning cloud. Isolated showers during the morning. Winds mainly northeast to southeasterly averaging 10 to 20 km/h.
CityEarly shower or two.Min13Max24

see how we go eh.

Great stuff mate, congrats to you and your wife.......

looking forward to meeting young Ablett jnr :D

Rook

congrats Hairofthedog. so theres a puppy running around! good stuff.

Rook - I think Maple and I will still be riding up so I doubt I'll have room on the back of the bike for a mattress, so if I can bags some floor, a bed, whatever (so long as its inside given that it mnight rain) that would be ace. I assume Maple will be the same.

cooked dead animal sounds good to me. I dont care what type it is.

yeah, about that rain thing, if there's any chance of showers the patrol gets the guernsey. yep - fair-weather rider....
CM2 - i'll give you a bell later in the week when the forecast is a little more certain. you're welcome to catch a lift if I'm not riding.

Rook, how are we set for beer for the event?

yeah, about that rain thing, if there's any chance of showers the patrol gets the guernsey. yep - fair-weather rider....
CM2 - i'll give you a bell later in the week when the forecast is a little more certain. you're welcome to catch a lift if I'm not riding.

Rook, how are we set for beer for the event?

I should have an APA on tap by tonight.
Reg is bringing a keg
I think Fents is bringing a keg

Is anyone else bringing anything?

Rook

beerdingo's bringing a keg i think.

wouldnt stress too much everyone usually (read:should) brings loads of beers on the day.

I should have an APA on tap by tonight.
Reg is bringing a keg
I think Fents is bringing a keg

Is anyone else bringing anything?

I'll bring a Tap-A-Draft of Irish Nearly Red. If no one likes the beer I suppose we can blow it up or something.

In other news, Rook, I'm not going to be able to guarantee the time I get there, but GODDAMMIT I'M COMING ALONG. It might be an idea to organise someone else to pick up the bread on the way like I was going to.

Can someone put up their hand to call into a Baker's Delight on the way and pick up some bread?

i'll do it if no one else will but we are leaving friday morning (fishing@eildon) so it may not be the freshest of fresh.

I can also tentatively put my hand up. Happy to do it, but will need to be driving up, and I think that's pretty much confirmed given the forecast. If someone else wants to jump in, go for it. I was thinking i'll be bringing a keg as well, so 24 PETs, a keg and bread, might pose a few problems on the bike.

maples the bread winner!!! show us how its done map's.

ive got a couple of 9ltrs and heaps of bottles comin... wont be a shortage of drinking matter i wouldnt imagine ...

Latest posts

Back