Vic Brewers Xmas Case Swap 22/11/08

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Choose a date that best suits you all Saturdays

• 1st November

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 8th November

• 15th November

• 22nd November

• 29th November

• Dont have a preference

• Total voters
Yep, big round of applause for the host. Top effort, great result, certainly a good time had by all.

#8 is good to go now (or a few weeks ago, actually)

#1 will be ready to drink after about the 5th December

Home a couple of hours ago unpacked the brewery pitched the wort onto a yeast cake, ate some HOT DIRRITOS and told my wife NO YOUR HEAD :eek:

Thanks rook for the shed, the view, the food, the accomodation but most of all the company

A WEEKEND TOTALY ENJOYED :icon_drunk: :lol:

made it home safely a few hours ago , thanks again to rook for providing the venue for yet another fantastic victorian brew swap , thanks also to be passed on the the mrs rook for the salads and for her wise judgement of clearing herself and little rook out of town for the event ... thanks to my deckhand fenton for a highly entertaining and eventful friday and saturday , theres a few things that wont be happenin again but i think we had the adventure box well and truly ticked off mate ...
was great to catch up with everyone again and to put some more new faces to names .. anyone who didn have a good time wasnt trying in my opinion ..

ohh and thanks to chris taylor for his scientific demonstration on yeast slanting , something that a few of us may look at doing a little later on in our brewing adventures .

my beer #5 hasnt been in the bottle long so give it about 2 more weeks to condition out before drinking ...

Great to meet some familiar faces and a bunch of brewers I had not met before.

Enjoyed the many and varied beer related discussions that usually bore my friends and colleagues to death.

Good to see Melbourne brewers maintained our proud tradition of having at least one chucker amongst us, and of course wouldn't be the same without Fents getting up to some kind of mischief.

Big thanks to Rook for hosting the do, really top notch. Great location, great beer and great company .. what more could you ask for.

#7 was ready to go about 2 months ago and is degrading fast

tried another bottle of it tonight and was not as bad as the one I tried a couple of days back, but nothing like the brown ale I brought along on the night

ahhh yes the chucker / farter of extreme proportion (nasty smelling/tasting dirty rotten swampy sewer arse)/ carpet ironer...etc etc etc ...

could have been worse at least he kept it off rooks floors .....

sounds like i missed a ripper fellers cant wait for someone to post a few happy snaps

Good to see you are hard at work Barra

i try reggie , i try ...

yes you did miss a good show troy boy , fentsy has some pics to post which im sure he will do when he gets the energy ,

look forward to catchin ya at the next one !

Thanks to Rook for the food & hospitality, Leigh for the lift there and back, & everyone for the beer they brought along, top stuff.

#14 is good to go now.

Cheers
Mal

Well chaps, what a fantastic weekend even if the weather was shit and the cricket was boring due to a sub standard Kiwi cricket team.

There was a lot of fantastic beers to be drunk and i have heaps of free beers left behind thats going to be consumed lovingly :D

Big thanks to Chris for the yeast demo and cooking the eggs, Kleiny for cooking the toast, Reg for the free glasses and for starting the case swap and then dumping it on to me :rolleyes: , your not a bad bloke for a Collingwood prick. But a big thanks to everyone who attended for making it a great turn, it just goes to show that you don't need to have heaps of blokes to have a great time just a dozen or so is plenty.

Thanks Barra for not farting as anything that would have come out of that arse would have killed all the wildlife for miles, also a thanks to Fents who after having that haircut looks like he should be on the next episode of prison break for that lovely bottle of LaTrappe.

I'm still trying to work out how Brewmeister70 woke up with a bucket and the iron next to him.

Bring on Xmas in July

My beer will not be ready for a couple of weeks and needs to be kept somewhere warm to carb up

Rook

Thanks again rook for having us all! My beer was bottled a month ago, so is good to go (or at least ready ;-). Oh yeah, 19 = 25.
I got a couple of crappy quality pics on my phone of the swap, and the pig, mmmmmmmm. Thanks for the pig, salads, and breakfast in the morning!!! Oh yeah, wasn't really functioning very well in the morning, I forgot my yeast slant. But pretty happy I didn't forget everything! Good to meet you all, and trying the different beers!

IMG_0115.jpg

IMG_0113.jpg
IMG_0112.jpg

whoa feel a bit better today!

first up thanks to rook, mrs rook and junior rook for letting a bunch of random brewers crash their house for a night. the pig/salads were sensational and rook i hope you checked your hop freezer in the garage for a suprise. biggups everyone who made it and the random conversations all night.

hope everyone got their swaps cause i pulled up about 8 bottles short i think, cant remember how many swaps i took up for quintrex and crew - pretty sure those spare ones on rooks floor were part of my load, it was kaos with 6 or 7 swaps to try and work out. i'll know more when everyone comes to get their case so i'll keep evryone posted.

Ned Barra or Narra as it turned out sunday morning - you are one crazy individual. who's going to belive me if i told them you put your 4wd and boat off the side of a cliff at 10.00am on the way to the swap without a photo for evidence? if a kangaroo slept on your swag but no one saw did it really happen? ;) had a mad time mate cheers, adventure was our first, second and last names.

Other highlights were kleiny knockin out a brew on his mobile brewery,, the pig, the crackle, slant action in more ways than one, brewmeisters effort, reg and his bed thieving non case swapping, and not drinking one shit beer all day - and i mean that.

biggups guys had a mad time, photos to come.

Sounds like a fine time was had by all, sorry to have missed it.
#2 could do with another week or 2 in the bottle to carb up, otherwise good to go - actually sat c/c a bit longer than anticipated due to other commitments, so don't leave it too long once the bottle feels firm.
Fents, I'll be in touch to get around & pick up my case.
Cheers
Mark

big cheers to Rooky for the hospitality.

a real shame i had to leave saturday night and head back for family duties.

Thanks to Maple and LEigh for the lift each way.

Good see meet a few new faces and catch up with the familiar ones.

Kleiny - post pics of your system up. Best simple system ive seen. and portable! bloody great work.

Another succe4ssful caseswap.

Fents,

Yep mate, there was heaps of beers left behind, let us know what you missed out on and i'll bring them down when we go on the
Aussie Home Brewers Fishing Tours ( AHBFT ) day.

Also did you or Barra leave behind a towel?

Is there any pics of the Chech and Chong boys in the car ( Up in Smoke ) :lol:

I have a couple of 3522 slants that were left behind and also some yeast slurries, let me know who they belong to and i'll get them to you

Rook

I have a couple of 3522 slants that were left behind and also some yeast slurries, let me know who they belong to and i'll get them to you
Rook

Bugger forgot about them! I'll have to scheck whether I put my slurries into my caseswap box or not.

Fents,
There was a box of about 8 bottles that was besides neds.
Perhaps that was yours..

Kleiny thanks for taking your brewery along and doing a brew on the day.
Absolutely fantastic simple set up.

And I am sure a few of the blokes who have march pumps sitting in their cupboards will be getting them out now, hey Rook.
three vessel, two hoses and a march pump, doesnt get much more simple than that.

Fents, see that middle picture above of the big fat bloke grabbing beer, thats proof I did do something. :unsure:
Even if it was only to grab mine first :icon_cheers:

[topic="0"]mmmmmm tasty[/topic]

Just created a tasting thread for those who have started to sample

Back